Thor: Love and Thunder

Michael Knight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorr_the_God_Butcher

the sword is hella powerful

Gorr possesses "All-Black the Necrosword", which according to Galactus, "carved the first dawn from the stone of the endless night."[5] The blade was forged by Knull, the progenitor of the Klyntar species, using the head of a slain Celestial.[6] The blade allows its user to create wings that allow the user to fly at extreme speeds, weapons, and a shroud of Berserkers constructed out of darkness. He can create sharp tendrils that can kill any god, including Asgardians. The blade is later banished into a black hole, but an elderly King Thor uses it to battle Galactus.[7] Gorr also created the Godbomb, an anti-divinity armament designed to kill every god who had existed or ever would exist.[8] Gorr possesses superhuman strength, durability, and endurance and is also virtually immortal.[9][10]

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'll be extremely disappointed if Beta Ray Bill isn't in this. That's a character born to be brought to the screen by Taika.

it'll confuse THE FUCK out of everyone having 3 "Thors" in the same movie. they are going to have a hard time explaining Jane Foster Thor. Throw in a random alien dude from a random alien planet and there will be revolt and mass chaos in the streets.

Edited by crash_davis

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

This looks like a movie that a corporate douche and a 39 year old stoner HS dropout wrote over a weekend while drinking constant shots of The Rock tequila.

This movie was made for me.

I had this Hot Wheels as a kid.  

s-l300.jpg

I want a van like this now

screenshot-2021-11-28-at-20-39-00-no-res

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

it'll confuse THE FUCK out of everyone having 3 "Thors" in the same movie. they are going to have a hard time explaining Jane Foster Thor. Throw in a random alien dude from a random alien planet and there will be revolt and mass chaos in the streets.

Multiverse, bro. 

8 hours ago, mdmost said:

Multiverse, bro. 

Exactly. Everyone accepted multiple Gamoras, lokis, Spider-Mans, and DrStranges with little hesitation and most only having Doc Browns teachings on time travel. We can figure out another Thor or Beta Ray

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

Empowered woman bro. 2022 is the perfect time to introduce Chick Thor.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this movie and I got what Taika was doing with it. It had an intentional 80’s vibe to it, which again I get, but that made it enjoyable. I like everything he does though. I did enjoy this movie and it made me smile and feel good which is kind of the point of a movie like this. 

Those goats though! Hoo boy!

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I was a little disappointed, but my expectations were probably too high. They open up the Marvel Universe though.

Spoiler

I’m with you. I went in expecting a ragnarok type film. Felt they tried way to hard making it funny and it was kinda goofy. I enjoy the comedy when it’s here and there. Phase 4 has been a huge overall letdown since endgame.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Time to scrap all the super hero movies for a decade or so. Beyond played out and needs time to breathe. It's gotten back to "Batman and Robin" mid 90s level bad now. 

Our sweet summer child.... the machines wheels have to be greased.  

On 5/24/2022 at 12:57 PM, crash_davis said:

Interesting you said that.... Maybe I missed it..... But they had no problem explaining Jane Thor, because they just didn't. I couldn't tell you how or why she became Thor. Because Thor asked Mjolnir to protect her? I'm not sure, she just.... Was.

I gave it a not-so-solid B. It was alright. Funny in spots, but kinda hokey overall, and the kids started training after they fought for Thor, but we're battle-tested warriors on the spot? Good thing the God Killer had a bunch of kid-sized demons for them to battle against. Around that scene it really started to feel like a 9am cartoon (or a cereal commercial). Maybe that's what he wanted. 

Yep I agree. Felt it was funny but almost overly trying that turned into goofy. 

phase 4 has been bad in the theatres but good on Disney plus. Shang chi and Spider-Man were good and eternals and doctor strange were huge whiffs. I guess this one would be in the middle for me. 

I also expected GotG to be way more involved and I also was curious where gamora was. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I also expected GotG to be way more involved and I also was curious where gamora was. 

People really weren't paying attention during Endgame, my kids included as they both asked me that. The Gamora in Endgame took off because she was not the Gamora from their timeline. She was past Gamora, ready to betray Thanos but not the fully reformed version that had been with them through the first 2 movies. So GotG 3 will be the Search for Gamora type movie where they try to find her and bring her into the fold. 

Just got back. I enjoyed it. Not as much as Ragnarok but it was pretty good. Marvel yet again makes a villain where you go, yeah he's kinda right. Loved the cameos at the end. I enjoyed the humor and loved the music. It's okay if some Marvel movies are dumb fun. I hope Thor is in GotG 3. Hemsworth seems up for playing Thor for a long time. Now give me Beta Ray Bill in Thor 5. 

I guess next up is Black Panther 2: Electric Boogaloo in November. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Everyone is crazy. This was solid. Thoroughly enjoyable from beginning to end. There were a few cringy things like Bao or the head and foot god but those were few and far between.

I really enjoyed it. If you go see a movie directed by Taika Waititi you should expect the movie to be funny and silly. He’s a grown up kid living out his dreams. These movies are not just made for the adults and I think that is where there is a disconnect. This movie was as much for kids as the adults. I left the movie happy and in a great mood because it was uplifting and positive. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1