Air Force @ Texas Mid-week Series Thread

zlavydra

Texas hosts the Falcons tonight at 6:30 and tomorrow at 4:00 (?!).  Air Force is surprisingly non-awful, with an RPI of 136, which is just below Washington, Indiana and Kansas, for comparison's sake.  Some of their hitters have impressive stats, but I think a lot of that is a result of playing: 1) in the MWC, and 2) home games at altitude of...however high up Colorado Springs is.

Tonight we have Eckardt v. freshman Dylan Rogers.  I'd be happy if Eckhardt could just give us 5 non-terrible innings and save the rest of the staff for tomorrow night and the Rapelor series.

12 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Pops is a USAFA grad, so we’re trekking down from Dallas for tonight’s game…his first trip to the Disch, pretty pumped. Hopefully Texas gets their shit together for the stretch run here.

If you don't like your seats consider moving.    Ushers rarely enforce seat checks especially for midweek games.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Also - just some food for thought - Ivan had his last AB on Maundy Thursday - was out on Good Friday - was he good to go by Sunday?

Not saying he's Jesus or anything - but he can probably hit a curve better. 

I like this better than naming him after something that was unsinkable....

THE EDINBURG HINDENBURG!

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Soooooo why not Campbell to right, Stehly to DH and Todd to the bench? Campbell is a way better hitter than Todd. He’s still developing. Todd is a 30 year old wash up that gets walks and singles sometimes while he hits .220

DON"T SPEAK ILL OF THE ROUND ROCK SLIPPERY ROCK!

• Haha 1

Ha I mean I’m a fan of the dude but if he can’t play in the outfield then he shouldn’t be playing. He’s damn good defensively and damn mediocre at the plate (putting it kindly). Campbell on the other hand has gotten comfortable and has been on a tear since the ou series 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Eckhardt as a starter experiment needs to end. He’s way better out of the pen. He hits like 96-97 out of the pen. Let’s him just let loose instead of pace himself. Then again I think I’ve only seen him out of the pen like 2 or 3 times but yeah