2022 Transfer WR Agiye Hall

Getafix

Just now, LTtxfan said:

IT:  "Wide receiver Agiye Hall will play. We figured that when Sark mentioned he had his game plan devised three months ago. Hall needs to take Isaiah Neyor’s place within parts of that plan. He looked good this week, too. Even if he doesn’t get a lot of touches he could play a big role this weekend."

Should be fun to see if this comes to fruition. My view is that this is classic Eric Nahlin bullshit. Like, not a lick of what is written in that post has been whispered, much less confirmed, inside the confines of Belmont. This looks like the type of fan fiction that Nahlin loves to write, convinces himself and his sycophants of the sound logic attached to it, and then gets angry and condescending when it doesn't happen, all the way to the point of arguing the coaches were stupid not to do it. 

Also, the guy knows exactly nothing about the plan, and who fits into it and where, for the offense in this game. No one within the program has told him or anyone else shit. Just think about the fucking outlandish stupidity it would take at this point for someone to be giving specifics on the gameplan to UT $9.95ers. Think about how locked up Sarkisian's staff has been about info to the $9.95ers all fall camp long. 

Fucking guy straight up made that shit up. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He'll be suited up. I doubt he plays. The guy apparently has a long way to go in order for anyone to be able to rely on him for anything and he can snap at any given moment.

Unless he’s picking up false starts or illegal formations, we can probably get around his general dipshittery for 5-10 snaps. 
I do like what I’ve seen of Casey Cain though. 

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Unless he’s picking up false starts or illegal formations, we can probably get around his general dipshittery for 5-10 snaps. 
I do like what I’ve seen of Casey Cain though. 

From what I have been told, it's more a matter of general trust. The guy is intelligent. He has the emotional IQ of a pit bull though. He can just snap. That's a risk on the field during a key drive.

Texas is focused on doing long term work with the guy in that vein and he's trying to be engaged with it and develop. If it were just a matter of "can the dude run routes, scare a defense over the top, and catch a pass or three?" then sure, he'll be playing more and more every week. Maybe they've reached that point, but I don't believe anyone besides Sarkisian and Marion would know that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I heard there was a young kid that came up and asked for his autograph a few weeks back and that mother fucker just bit his arm and wouldn't let go and dragged that little shit up a tree. 

I compared his EQ to that of a pit bull, not a snapping turtle or jaguar. Frankly, I am not sure which of those 3 animals has the worst temperament.

I was in The Bahamas with my wife and kids a while back and took my boys offshore. When we docked and the mates started cleaning the fish, they started throwing the remains over the side of the pier into 8 feet of clear water.

You could see these little zebra perches and some small sting rays ravaging the carcasses. "Pretty cool" I thought as I watched my boys lean over, looking down. My 7 year old teetered close enough that he almost fell in. No biggie.

Then, a fucking 8-10 foot bull shark showed up. That thing took over and feasted on what amounted to chum for the next 20 minutes while I watched and made sure my children stood securely behind me in the middle of the pier. Apparently, it's a regular thing. I believe bull sharks have more testosterone pumping through their system than any other living animal ... except apparently Agiye Hall. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I compared his EQ to that of a pit bull, not a snapping turtle or jaguar. Frankly, I am not sure which of those 3 animals has the worst temperament.

I was in The Bahamas with my wife and kids a while back and took my boys offshore. When we docked and the mates started cleaning the fish, they started throwing the remains over the side of the pier into 8 feet of clear water.

You could see these little zebra perches and some small sting rays ravaging the carcasses. "Pretty cool" I thought as I watched my boys lean over, looking down. My 7 year old teetered close enough that he almost fell in. No biggie.

Then, a fucking 8-10 foot bull shark showed up. That thing took over and feasted on what amounted to chum for the next 20 minutes while I watched and made sure my children stood securely behind me in the middle of the pier. Apparently, it's a regular thing. I believe bull sharks have more testosterone pumping through their system than any other living animal ... except apparently Agiye Hall. 

Was it you who told me that "snapping turtle" is the loving euphemism that @SydneyCartonuses for his wife when she is cross with him?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

A 58 yo woman got killed by a bull shark while snorkeling a couple days ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2022/09/07/bahamas-bull-shark-attack-snorkeling/

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

From what I have been told, it's more a matter of general trust. The guy is intelligent. He has the emotional IQ of a pit bull though. He can just snap. That's a risk on the field during a key drive.

Texas is focused on doing long term work with the guy in that vein and he's trying to be engaged with it and develop. If it were just a matter of "can the dude run routes, scare a defense over the top, and catch a pass or three?" then sure, he'll be playing more and more every week. Maybe they've reached that point, but I don't believe anyone besides Sarkisian and Marion would know that.

I watched a couple interviews with him a while back and he did seem like a pretty smart kid

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally watched Sharpe Sports' breakdown of Hall's high school highlights:

Alabama recruited the NEXT JULIO JONES!!! Agiye Hall is a 4 star wide receiver recruit who has all the makings to become a Julio Jones type player!

Man, the on-the-Field criticisms that were being reported about Hall early in Fall Camp are the same criticisms that Sharpe has for Hall in this video.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:11 AM, closetojumping said:

I hope Hall turns it around. I wouldn't want a talent like his to be wasted at UT. I believe Hall gotta be the higher rated coming outta High School than any of the WRs Herman, Strong, & early 2010's Mack recruited.

I can count on one hand the number of troubled low EQ people I’ve met in the last thirty years that were able to tamp down that instinct and be more productive and useful on the job, and none of them did it in less than four years. I’d say the odds aren’t great. But at least he’s young. That helps. 

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I can count on one hand the number of troubled low EQ people I’ve met in the last thirty years that were able to tamp down that instinct and be more productive and useful on the job, and none of them did it in less than four years. I’d say the odds aren’t great. But at least he’s young. That helps. 

Not even a full hand for me.  Try just one finger. I have so many stories of my guy, who fits the pit-bull persona to a t, Alvin.  It took a shitload of emotional/psychological intelligence and even more patience to do it but i got what i needed out of my dog with all his fleas.  I used his experience and mainly all his insecurities to build a million-dollar hydraulics service department in less than a year.  After he wore me out and I had all the pieces in place, i merely removed the glitch/help/me and inevitably he self-destructed.  Needless to say, he took it personally and felt betrayed.  I'm not your crutch dude.  A year later he found out i was named in a suit and decided to try and be a star witness to my opposition with some lies.  It was glorious to hear his allegations as they were baseless from go.  He really thought he was going to stick it to me.  That same dude the following Christmas called me to say he was wrong for what he did and wondered if I had a place for him in the future.  I said no, so he proceeded to tell me to go fuck myself. Lol!  (Did i mention he at one time was in prison and aryan brotherhood but failed to tell his brothers that his mother was in fact Mexican, lmfao. Trust me the stories get better.)

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2022 at 12:38 AM, closetojumping said:

He was in for one play that I saw and he was streaking wide open down the field. I mean WFO. Unfortunately, Hudson Card reads plays at a pace that would make a slug blush, so he never saw him and did something weak in lieu of throwing deep to him. Whatever it was. I just remember being disappointed. 

I couldn't tell who it was but I guess it was Hall.  There was a play in the 3rd quarter where a UT WR was WIDE fucking open about 30 yds down field. No one was within 20 yards and card throws a contested short pass. I have no doubt Quinn sees that.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I couldn't tell who it was but I guess it was Hall.  There was a play in the 3rd quarter where a UT WR was WIDE fucking open about 30 yds down field. No one was within 20 yards and card throws a contested short pass. I have no doubt Quinn sees that.

That was the play. Dude is FOF, btw. 

38 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Texas does not list him on the Participation Report for Alabama.

https://texassports.com/sports/football/stats/2022/alabama/boxscore/14708

21 minutes ago, NoName said:

one of the snap counts had him with one snap.

He didn’t play against Bama.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If that isn’t #16, Milton, I’ll eat my hat. You circled a guy whose number we can’t see. The staff said he didn’t play. No one saw him play. The official box score said he didn’t play. But okay, sure. 

here is a screenshot from later in the play

image.png.c1440bd903afa7ce4d068aaf11a9f62b.png

image.png.dbce18e67374cc31b8fe68590cd056bc.png

Spoiler

video link to start of play here

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, hat is eaten then. I don't know why they didn't report it. The whole reason the reporter said it was his debut is because they were likely told it was.

i think PFF is the only one who had it on their list? either way it was only 1 snap AFAIK

• Haha 1