2022 Transfer WR Agiye Hall

Getafix

Hopefully Hall can lessen the loss of Neyor moving forward. Him and Thompson probably can only be maximized by Ewers.
Going to be interesting how this offense gels after OU when they should have everyone back except for Neyor.
If Quinn doesn't play tomorrow imma go ahead and get a flower order started..

If he's not active by blowU then I'm digging my black suit out from the depths of the closet and make sure the damn thing still fits.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:33 AM, futureman said:

sark has been saving him for OU.  get ready for 9 catches 211 yards and three touchdowns. 

Maybe you’re right about the RRS being Hall’s coming out game. This is 1 of the paragraphs from today’s IT team Humidor report:

Spoiler

When we say we like the game plan, it’s usually with the understanding of who could potentially have a big game. You could see a surprise playmaker on offense, which is what this game has often been about. This player had a strong week of practice.

Edited by TheMailBox357

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Maybe you’re right about the RRS being Hall’s coming out game. This is 1 of the paragraphs from today’s IT team Humidor report:

Hide contents

When we say we like the game plan, it’s usually with the understanding of who could potentially have a big game. You could see a surprise playmaker on offense, which is what this game has often been about. This player had a strong week of practice.

I heard Jeff Howe say today on the radio show that one of his 3 key matchups was Jordan Whittington vs OU secondary.  If they have similar sources, that could be the one.

Hide contents

You meant to post this in the Troy Omeire thread, right?

• Haha 2

Hide contents

36 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

I heard Jeff Howe say today on the radio show that one of his 3 key matchups was Jordan Whittington vs OU secondary.  If they have similar sources, that could be the one.

Maybe. I always forget that Whittington was a 247 composite 5-star WR recruit coming outta high school because he's never had that breakout 100-reciving yards game. 

Hopefully Quinn returning will allow Whittington to live up to full potential.

33 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

You meant to post this in the Troy Omeire thread, right?

Hall is definitely ahead of Omeire & reportedly still recovering from his ACL injuries. No way that quote is about Omeire.

Edited by TheMailBox357

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

IT is still trying to tell us that Hall could have 5 tds and 600 yards by the end of the season. I don't see it, but I'd like to see him get some tds at the very least to keep him motivated. 

Yeah, Gerry said today that Hall's opportunities are better with Quinn at QB.  

Might see a few more 4 WR sets against blOU

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:46 PM, TheMailBox357 said:

Maybe. I always forget that Whittington was a 247 composite 5-star WR recruit coming outta high school because he's never had that breakout 100-reciving yards game. 

Hopefully Quinn returning will allow Whittington to live up to full potential.

Hall is definitely ahead of Omeire & reportedly still recovering from his ACL injuries. No way that quote is about Omeire.

Jordan was 5-97, pretty, pretty close to 100.  He has been balling out when you include blocking.  Great to see after the long wait.

• Hook 'Em 6

Yeah how bad must Hall be if Cain continued to get targets after that play?

And for all the message board consternation over the playcall and throw on 4th and 2 that was a pretty easily catchable ball that Cain could have adjusted to. Easy conversion (yes a better throw would have been a touchdown, well maybe, we saw Cain's hands later).

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

And for all the message board consternation over the playcall and throw on 4th and 2 that was a pretty easily catchable ball that Cain could have adjusted to. Easy conversion (yes a better throw would have been a touchdown, well maybe, we saw Cain's hands later).

If not Hall then why not Thompson?

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I honestly wonder what the story is there. I am not saying Hall is the answer, but he does bring speed/size combo that defenses have to respect. Just his presence can help open up the field. I know he came with a bad rep, but damn how bad is his attitude?

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I honestly wonder what the story is there. I am not saying Hall is the answer, but he does bring speed/size combo that defenses have to respect. Just his presence can help open up the field. I know he came with a bad rep, but damn how bad is his attitude?

You have to imagine that they will be giving Hall and Thompson some more snaps moving forward. Cain is not getting it done and we need guys who can put pressure on the defense so they can't triple cover Worthy every play. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 10/17/2022 at 1:08 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

If not Hall then why not Thompson?

On 10/17/2022 at 3:49 PM, Burt Macklin said:

Thompson was rated high because he's extremely fast, but he was super raw in HS and needs a lot of development. He's also undersized, so I'd bet he's a terrible blocker right now. He likely needs more time. 

Sounds like what we can expect from Ryan Niblett next season.

1 hour ago, mwaadeeb said:

Milton is the one that confuses me. He's looked solid when he's been in there. 

I don't want to oversell it, but didn't he make an incredible sideline catch that was key in our drive to send the Tech game into OT? At least that's how I remember it but I ain't going to look for it because fuck tceh.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

I don't want to oversell it, but didn't he make an incredible sideline catch that was key in our drive to send the Tech game into OT? At least that's how I remember it but I ain't going to look for it because fuck tceh.

Yes. It looked super-confident as much as anything, in a clutch moment, when he'd had few snaps. Seems like we'd want our transfers to get snaps to encourage more transfers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, PsychMike said:

impossible to oversell that bit of genius 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Feels like a transfer in his future

I can't imagine he is going to choose to sit out another full season.

Didn't he also play at like 3-4 different high schools before bouncing from Bama after one season?  That would have to be some kind of record for number of different teams in an amateur career.

2 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Didn't he also play at like 3-4 different high schools before bouncing from Bama after one season?  That would have to be some kind of record for number of different teams in an amateur career.

I doubt he would have to sit out the season if he transferred. And I doubt that he would want to redshirt this season.

2 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

It will be interesting how the 1 free transfer rule is enforced in cases like this or Neyor's where they didn't use their immediate eligibility.

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I doubt he would have to sit out the season if he transferred. And I doubt that he would want to redshirt this season.

13 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It will be interesting how the 1 free transfer rule is enforced in cases like this or Neyor's where they didn't use their immediate eligibility.

I don't follow the portal stuff as closely as most of you... why would the transfer to Texas not count as his 1 free transfer?  Is it just a question of whether the NCAA(?) actually enforces the rule going forward?  It doesn't feel to me like there were any extenuating circumstances during his time here that would make him likely to be granted some kind of waiver.

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I wonder if it’s going to be his choice. 

Fair.  If we actually show him the door it does make me feel better about the rumored internal confidence that we might have a WR or two identified / queued up in the portal.  

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

I don't follow the portal stuff as closely as most of you... why would the transfer to Texas not count as his 1 free transfer?  Is it just a question of whether the NCAA(?) actually enforces the rule going forward?  It doesn't feel to me like there were any extenuating circumstances during his time here that would make him likely to be granted some kind of waiver.

The one free transfer is 1 transfer with immediate eligibility.   If he redshirts, he'd say didn't use it.  He basically traditionally transferred, and there isn't a limit on those.  It's just more of how the NCAA is going to rule on a situation like that.  It will certainly be something that's challenged at some point.  He'd argue he still has 1 free transfer with immediate eligibility.  In Hall's case it doesn't really matter because he's the only thing stopping himself from getting on the field.  It's more interesting for Neyor as he could certainly want an upgrade of NIL money.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The one free transfer is 1 transfer with immediate eligibility.   If he redshirts, he'd say didn't use it.  He basically traditionally transferred, and there isn't a limit on those.  It's just more of how the NCAA is going to rule on a situation like that.  It will certainly be something that's challenged at some point.  He'd argue he still has 1 free transfer with immediate eligibility.  In Hall's case it doesn't really matter because he's the only thing stopping himself from getting on the field.  It's more interesting for Neyor as he could certainly want an upgrade of NIL money.

Hardship personal issues for Agiye may also help him transfer and not be required to sit out.

Texas has been trying to help him with his personal and family issues.  Keeping him engaged in attending classes while also getting help thru counseling are probably more important for Hall's well-being right now than anything else.

Agiye has a lot of work to do to salvage his football career.  If he transfers after this season, I'm not sure the NCAA wants to block a young father trying to pursue his dream to make it to the NFL.