2022 Transfer WR Agiye Hall

Getafix

On 8/29/2022 at 11:40 AM, ATXhorn17 said:

You may be right... But I'm fairly confident that Agiye Hall > Casey Cain (I'm not buying the $9.95 sunshine pumping). 

Yeah obviously Agiye Hall has a higher ceiling than Casey Cain. But as of right now, Casey Cain has superior ball skills & is a better route runner, so how much better can Hall be than Cain? Either way, they play different WR positions. Cain is an X WR, while Hall played Z WR behind Worthy.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:20 AM, TheMailBox357 said:

Yeah obviously Agiye Hall has a higher ceiling than Casey Cain. But as of right now, Casey Cain has superior ball skills & is a better route runner, so how much better can Hall be than Cain? Either way, they play different WR positions. Cain is an X WR, while Hall played Z WR behind Worthy.

Hall has the speed and size that makes defenses have to respect him. His ability to get deep is something that will open things up for others WRs in ways Cain can not. It will be hard for a DC to give Hall single coverage with no help over the top. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 10:20 AM, TheMailBox357 said:

3 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Hall has the speed and size that makes defenses have to respect him. His ability to get deep is something that will open things up for others WRs in ways Cain can not. It will be hard for a DC to give Hall single coverage with no help over the top. 

Yeah, I don't disagree with you at all.

Starting Cain or Hall at X WR comes down to what do you want at the outside WR opposite of Worthy. Do you want a more dependable jump ball & RedZone target possession WR OR another deep threat WR that has the potential to scare defenses but has inferior ball skills & route running?

Edited by TheMailBox357

45 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Yeah, I don't disagree with you at all.

Starting Cain or Hall at X WR comes down to what do you want at the outside WR opposite of Worthy. Do you want a more dependable jump ball & RedZone target possession WR OR another deep threat WR that has the potential to scare defenses but has inferior ball skills & route running?

I am not sure if Hall or Cain will start. Milton may be the 3rd WR. I agree that much of it will come down to match ups and situations. Sanders might become the chain mover/red zone target. Hall is a chess piece you want available. We shall see how it all fits together in a couple weeks…..hopefully 

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

what ability to get deep? dude has 4 catches for 72 yards in his career.

Just now, hookem48 said:

sample size is why your comment was so fucking stupid to start with.

The guy maybe a complete knuckle head, but he is extremely talented.  He barely played all season. His only real time came vs Georgia where he had 2 catches for 52 yards and dropped a 50 yard TD. If you watched the game, you can see the potential. You were said he isn’t a deep threat and posted stats, which still had him at 18 per catch. It’s 1 thing to be wrong, it’s quite another to a dick about it in the process 

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The guy maybe a complete knuckle head, but he is extremely talented.  He barely played all season. His only real time came vs Georgia where he had 2 catches for 52 yards and dropped a 50 yard TD. If you watched the game, you can see the potential. You were said he isn’t a deep threat and posted stats, which still had him at 18 per catch. It’s 1 thing to be wrong, it’s quite another to a dick about it in the process 

yea he has loads of talent and I hope he turns into Randy Moss as a deep threat but he's done nothing to even remotely prove that. I watched the title game, I remember him catching a crossing pattern about 5 yards from the LOS and making a move and taking it about 25 yards and catch an out for about 20 and dropping a bunch of passes.

8 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

yea he has loads of talent and I hope he turns into Randy Moss as a deep threat but he's done nothing to even remotely prove that. I watched the title game, I remember him catching a crossing pattern about 5 yards from the LOS and making a move and taking it about 25 yards and catch an out for about 20 and dropping a bunch of passes.

Nobody says he has great hands or route running, but you are ignoring the obvious. He turned a 5 yard pass into a 25 yard gain against one of the best defenses of the last decade. He beat the secondary deep also. His athleticism was on display. He is arguably the most physically gifted WR on the roster. The only question is can he get his head out of his ass and actually fulfill his promise. That said a DC has to be aware of him on the field. You can’t bet on him dropping a 50 yard bombs. 

"Nobody says he has great hands or route running, but you are ignoring the obvious. He turned a 5 yard pass into a 25 yard gain against one of the best defenses of the last decade. He beat the secondary deep also. His athleticism was on display. He is arguably the most physically gifted WR on the roster. The only question is can he get his head out of his ass and actually fulfill his promise. That said a DC has to be aware of him on the field. You can’t bet on him dropping a 50 yard bombs."

Just win baby 

32 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Nobody says he has great hands or route running, but you are ignoring the obvious. He turned a 5 yard pass into a 25 yard gain against one of the best defenses of the last decade. He beat the secondary deep also. His athleticism was on display. He is arguably the most physically gifted WR on the roster. The only question is can he get his head out of his ass and actually fulfill his promise. That said a DC has to be aware of him on the field. You can’t bet on him dropping a 50 yard bombs. 

Also, hands and route running can be improved much more easily than athleticism. IF the guy puts in the work.

But yeah, his potential impact is probably more next year than this one.

5 hours ago, hookem48 said:

Using 2 20+ yard plays to try to prove your point about him not being a big play threat is an interesting strategy. 

• Haha 1

Write-up by FCB

There seems to be some confusion about when Alabama transfer receiver Agiye Hall could be back on the field for Texas following his indefinite suspension nearly a month ago for a series of events that culminated with his Aug. 11 arrest on a misdemeanor criminal mischief charge (after Hall was caught by UT police trying to pry a boot off of his car).

Steve Sarkisian has laid out a series of steps for Hall to earn his way back to being able to contribute to the team on the field. Those steps include showing Hall can be accountable on and off the field and showing he can be a good teammate.

After being completely away from the team for two weeks, Hall was allowed back into team activities just before UT’s opener with Louisiana-Monroe. Hall dressed out for the ULM game and went through warmups but didn’t see the field.

I’m told it’s not likely Hall will see the field during a game for the rest of this month.

“It would probably be October at the earliest,” a source close to the situation told Horns247. “And that’s if he (Hall) keeps doing things the right way. Sark (Sarkisian) is serious about giving him a second chance, but that’s going to be earned.”

So, while Hall might be on the field for warmups Saturday in preparation for Texas’ battle against Hall’s former team, I’m told you won’t see No. 15 on offense on the field during the game.

Thx for this @Hookem2147

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Write-up by FCB

There seems to be some confusion about when Alabama transfer receiver Agiye Hall could be back on the field for Texas following his indefinite suspension nearly a month ago for a series of events that culminated with his Aug. 11 arrest on a misdemeanor criminal mischief charge (after Hall was caught by UT police trying to pry a boot off of his car).

Steve Sarkisian has laid out a series of steps for Hall to earn his way back to being able to contribute to the team on the field. Those steps include showing Hall can be accountable on and off the field and showing he can be a good teammate.

After being completely away from the team for two weeks, Hall was allowed back into team activities just before UT’s opener with Louisiana-Monroe. Hall dressed out for the ULM game and went through warmups but didn’t see the field.

I’m told it’s not likely Hall will see the field during a game for the rest of this month.

“It would probably be October at the earliest,” a source close to the situation told Horns247. “And that’s if he (Hall) keeps doing things the right way. Sark (Sarkisian) is serious about giving him a second chance, but that’s going to be earned.”

So, while Hall might be on the field for warmups Saturday in preparation for Texas’ battle against Hall’s former team, I’m told you won’t see No. 15 on offense on the field during the game.

Thx for this @Hookem2147

There is confusion out there, that is because FCB and his fluffer put out a BS story that Agiye was back vs ULM. Perhaps if FCB STFU, there wouldnt be any confusion. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

There is confusion out there, that is because FCB and his fluffer put out a BS story that Agiye was back vs ULM. Perhaps if FCB STFU, there wouldnt be any confusion. 

Only thought it was Anwar from OB that messed up ??

(Can't believe I'm defending FCB -- Fuck Me)

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Write-up by FCB

Thx for this @Hookem2147

28 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

(Can't believe I'm defending FCB -- Fuck Me)

Not defending FCB, but explaining how he might actually guess right this time.

Part of Hall's rehab might be proving himself on special teams for a few games before he gets any snaps on offense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

Not defending FCB, but explaining how he might actually guess right this time.

Part of Hall's rehab might be proving himself on special teams for a few games before he gets any snaps on offense.

That's an interesting point, good catch BornOrange... the wording does say "I’m told you won’t see No. 15 on offense on the field during the game."

I just hope for both Agiye and the Team's sake, Sark's plan to help #15 get his act together is successful.  If it means waiting till October for playing time, so be it.  

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Another source off, as IT is saying Hall will play, and Sarkisian has had the game plan ready for 3 months.

IT:  "Wide receiver Agiye Hall will play. We figured that when Sark mentioned he had his game plan devised three months ago. Hall needs to take Isaiah Neyor’s place within parts of that plan. He looked good this week, too. Even if he doesn’t get a lot of touches he could play a big role this weekend."

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Another source off, as IT is saying Hall will play, and Sarkisian has had the game plan ready for 3 months.

He'll be suited up. I doubt he plays. The guy apparently has a long way to go in order for anyone to be able to rely on him for anything and he can snap at any given moment.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1