Who the hell is Simon Sinek...

20 hours ago, Agent 13 said:

Sinek means "fly" in Turkish. That's all I got.

My Turk BIL agrees.  He doesn't like Arabs and calls them "sineks." 

He's famous for his all-timer Turkish tongue twister.

KIrk küp, kIrkInInda kulpu kIrIk küp.

Roughly translates to "40 vases and they're all broken" or some such.  Quite funny when he says it and gets flustered.

• 5 months later...
On 4/21/2022 at 3:20 PM, Parliament said:

Your boss might be an idiot.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:40 PM, Celery Man said:

Didn’t recognize the name but definitely recognize “start with why”. Tell your boss it sucks and if he pushes back tell him it’s radical candor

Boss was relieved of her duties about 2 weeks ago.  Y'all are great assessors of talent.

Pos Rep to Celery for reminding me of this thread in another discussion on leadership. 

On 4/21/2022 at 9:40 PM, Celery Man said:

Didn’t recognize the name but definitely recognize “start with why”. Tell your boss it sucks and if he pushes back tell him it’s radical candor

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Boss was relieved of her duties about 2 weeks ago.  Y'all are great assessors of talent.

Pos Rep to Celery for reminding me of this thread in another discussion on leadership. 

Ah, I shouldn’t make assumptions - agreement #2

On 4/22/2022 at 11:54 AM, deadshank said:

My Turk BIL agrees.  He doesn't like Arabs and calls them "sineks." 

He's famous for his all-timer Turkish tongue twister.

KIrk küp, kIrkInInda kulpu kIrIk küp.

Roughly translates to "40 vases and they're all broken" or some such.  Quite funny when he says it and gets flustered.

sacha baron cohen party hard GIF

On 10/18/2022 at 1:03 PM, Samson's Wig said:

Sinek is a prime example of what one can accomplish with no experience, a sketchy education, no discernible skillset, and access to the Internet.

This might be one of the truest posts ever made on surly. That guy took one interesting idea that ended up being crap, and turned it into an entire career of creating useless drivel that clogs the pores of the internet. He is example five million and four of all that’s wrong with this world. 

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This might be one of the truest posts ever made on surly. That guy took one interesting idea that ended up being crap, and turned it into an entire career of creating useless drivel that clogs the pores of the internet. He is example five million and four of all that’s wrong with this world. 

I assume the first 5,000,003 examples are OU-related?