Meater + blue tooth thermometer? Anyone have one?

DallasSooner

My MIL got me one for Christmas but I have yet to use it because I haven't smoked anything this year.  She uses one for turkeys, roasts and any other long cooks in the oven. Her stuff comes out perfect so it seems to work well (in an oven roasting situation at least.)

I need to get off my ass and bust out the WSM.

50 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Pretty sure @brown water uses them in the XXX pron he so kindly shares with The Surl in the Steak thread... perhaps he can share some insights.

I do and am a big fan. Find it better for longer cooks or multiple meats. No necessarily smoking (for which it’s great too) but also a larger cuts like picanha or a tomahawk. For individual steaks the thermapen is my go to.  App is helpful and easy to use. Only complaint is the range between the base and probes is a bit limited.  

There is a temperature limit above which you risk damaging the probes. Usually solve by searing (before or after) with the probe removed. .

Below is a picanha from a few months back. 

235DDAEB-89F8-46F4-8186-2074862BABB0.jpeg

27B02A07-8DB6-4DF9-8C5F-E089E4DEF766.jpeg

3425417F-FF71-43A0-A901-B083251B491B.jpeg

AEE48026-0E6B-45DF-AF9F-E9A036D9BFE7.jpeg

23393706-ECDF-4E0D-B4D4-535C0541CEFE.png

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

My Weber Genesis has the iGrill bluetooth thermometer probes.  can have 4 going at once.  App based. And I keep my smoker right next to it so I can use it for that too.

I have the external iGrill super happy with it (not integrated with the Genesis).

This meater looks cool, but I've gotten way too many thermometers now (Thermapen + a William Sonoma one too), I don't need anymore.

I use a Fireboard for monitoring long cooks and a Thermapen for steaks and burgers.  I would probably only use it on the rotisserie.  I tried to buy one at Academy after Christmas with gift cards but they were out at the time - I might check again. 

Edited by Jerry Callo