2023 WR Ryan Niblett

HillCountryBevo

Top247 WR Ryan Niblett commits to Texas  🤘

By STEVE WILTFONG            44 minutes ago

Houston (Texas) Aldine Eisenhower Top247 2023 receiver Ryan Niblett tells 247Sports he has committed to Texas. The blue-chip prospect is commit No. 4 for Steve Sarkisian and his staff in the class of 2023.

Niblett was in Austin Saturday and chose to play for the Longhorns over an offer list that also include Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Michigan State, Penn State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and USC among others.

"I’ve just come from the spring game and I always loved how they treated me and the way they treated my mother was great," Niblett said. "They absolutely love her so I just gave myself to them."

Niblett posted the news on social media. He was recruited to Austin by Brennan Marion and Brandon Harris.

"The entire recruiting process has been a journey," he tweeted. "I'm extremely thankful to have been given multiple opportunity to play the game that I love at the next level. I'd like to thank every coach who sat down and assessed my talent and hard work. I'd like to thank my family for investing their time and energy to help me get to that place I desired to be. I'd also like to thank every coach at Eisenhower High School. I wouldn't have been able to achieve any of this without y'all. With all that being said, I'm beyond blessed to announce my commitment to the University of Texas."

The Top247 tabs Niblett as the nation's No. 7 receiver and No. 52 prospect overall. 

"Unverified size but owns the build of a slot receiver or cornerback," 247Sports National Analyst Gabe Brooks wrote in his evaluation. "Could play either side of the ball, but indications are receiver at this point. Lean and athletic with adequate height based on eye test.

"Versatile playmaker for big-school program in Houston metro. Got snaps at a variety of positions as a junior, including QB, receiver, DB, and return man. Scored touchdowns in all three phases.

"Shows very good play speed backed by outstanding track and field profile. Sub-11.00 100-meter speed, including a 10.58 as a sophomore. Also owns a 21.5 200 and very good long jump and triple jump numbers.

"Dangerous run-after-catch playmaker. Runs with a violent gait but still separates from defenders. Accelerates suddenly and top gear is too fast for almost any opponent he faces.

"Raw as a pass catcher and route runner. Throws get into his body sometimes. Significant lack of ideal touches on offense with only 18 combined (nine rush, nine receiving) in 2021.

"Will need to hone craft as a receiver, but an electric athlete with big-play punch on the gridiron and dominant 7-on-7 context. Among the top track and field athletes in the 2023 football class. Projects as a high-major impact player with long-term NFL Draft potential."

Niblett will play in the Under Armour All-American game. Four-star running back Tre Wisner also committed to Texas on Friday giving the Longhorns two talented in-state playmakers.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Ok, I don’t know how this kid allegedly had only 9 receptions and 9 carries in 2021, yet I still just watched an 8:30 tape of him kicking all kinds of ass (there were a couple defensive and special teams highlights, too). He gets north/south in a hurry, and I see why Saban wants him. His speed eats up the defender’s angle. He’s a bad ass.

15 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Ok, I don’t know how this kid allegedly had only 9 receptions and 9 carries in 2021, yet I still just watched an 8:30 tape of him kicking all kinds of ass (there were a couple defensive and special teams highlights, too). He gets north/south in a hurry, and I see why Saban wants him. His speed eats up the defender’s angle. He’s a bad ass.

Those numbers are wrong, because he was tackled at least 4 times and had about 20 TDs on his reel. 

At least one TD was an INT and maybe one was a kickoff return, so 4 tackles + 18 TDs means that he had at least 22 combined rushes & receptions, not 18. 

They be pumpin’ sunshine!