Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

SEC talk sure beats the 90 pages of Big 12 expansion with CSU, UConn, etc. I thought I would hate the move to SEC but I don't when it's actually a thing now. Playing Arkansas, LSU, Florida, Bama regularly is exciting. Big 12 can finally expand too which would be good for CFB with an expanded playoff.

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Here are two examples of guys not knowing jack shit but needing to have some fucking dude they’ve never met who has the title of AD at Texas on his card put up on a pedestal. 

Exactly when did I put CDC on a pedestal?  While I know a move as important as this is being driven by Hartzell, the regents and probably some BMDs,  I think it’s absurd that you think the athletic director has been kept totally in the dark. 

this year, yeah....but ISU has a really good recruiting class, best we have ever had, most of them will decomitt....plus Campbell will leave after this year.  In a year or two we will be like a MWC type team at best.  All the Big 12 leftovers will really.
No reason for any '22 recruit to bail, the breakup may take 2 years..and the portal exists if they don't like ISU's landing spot. Hell, if next season is the last for us and blowU, we may be too focused on '23 in the SEC..clones win the last Big12 championship and it makes a B1G invite a no brainer.

25 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I know nothing about the goings on wrt to Texas athletics. I just find it weird that you seem to always chime in to specifically note that CDC, the athletic director at Texas, is a hindrance to the athletic dept, despite the fact that Texas athletics has only improved since he took over that spot.

There are like 1000 mentions of CDC on this board every day, and most days, I have nothing to do with any of it. Beyond that, I’ve been specific in both my praise and criticisms of the guy. Either you’re being willfully misleading or completely oblivious with the premise of acting like you’ve followed what I’ve said about him on the board and then acting as if it has all been negative. 

The guy had done super well in fundraising, facilities build outs, alumni outreach, and hiring personnel outside of football. He’s been a fucking bust in football, and with football boosters, and on the NIL front. All of those things can be, and simply are, true at the same time. Your inability to either grasp that or at least follow that that’s been my premise, is your own personal intellectually deficient bullshit to deal with, and you don’t get to use cheap rhetorical tactics in an attempt to put words in my mouth. This isn’t the fucking cloak room and you can take that kind of bullshit back there to the cesspool with you. Thanks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Is there any chance one or more of the lower tier SEC teams- Missou, Vandy, Kentucky, maybe SC, decide to seize the opportunity to bolt, knowing they will never sniff a conf title game appearance ever?  I know, follow the money and the answer is no, but seems like it could make sense.

I think Mizzou would jump at a Big Ten invite but beyond that, no.

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Exactly when did I put CDC on a pedestal?  While I know a move as important as this is being driven by Hartzell, the regents and probably some BMDs,  I think it’s absurd that you think the athletic director has been kept totally in the dark. 

I said clueless, not in the dark. The adults have been talking during this effort and CDC hasn’t been included in that conversation. 

If you think ADs have been involved much at all, just watch Bjork’s fucking interview yesterday. Flat-footed doesn’t even begin to describe it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Ho Lee Fuk. I bet that AggyStyle was a good idea when they were all sitting around thinking/talking about it. That was a horrendously horrible video.

Why do I have the overwhelming desire to kill everything that breathes?

That's some mind warping crap.

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There are like 1000 mentions of CDC on this board every day, and most days, I have nothing to do with any of it. Beyond that, I’ve been specific in both my praise and criticisms of the guy. Either you’re being willfully misleading or completely oblivious with the premise of acting like you’ve followed what I’ve said about him on the board and then acting as if it has all been negative. 

The guy had done super well in fundraising, facilities build outs, alumni outreach, and hiring personnel outside of football. He’s been a fucking bust in football, and with football boosters, and on the NIL front. All of those things can be, and simply are, true at the same time. Your inability to either grasp that or at least follow that that’s been my premise, is your own personal intellectually deficient bullshit to deal with, and you don’t get to use cheap rhetorical tactics in an attempt to put words in my mouth. This isn’t the fucking cloak room and you can take that kind of bullshit back there to the cesspool with you. Thanks. 

Oh fuck off with your cloakroom bullshittery. Speaking of cheap rhetorical tactics.. 

I'm simply pointing out that even if CDC is a moron who needs to be put in a corner when serious things are discussed, specifically mentioning it here serves no purpose, other than to flex your "i know stuffs that you don't" nuts. We know what a shitty AD looks like. We had Steve Patterson.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If you think ADs have been involved much at all, just watch Bjork’s fucking interview yesterday. 

I would think an AD would be grateful to be cc'ed on the emails.  This is a business decision, way above that level, and that's WITHOUT considering the state politics that could be involved.

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Is this a possibility? I hadn't even really seen this discussed, prior to this tweet. But could OU/Texas join the SEC and then we break away from the NCAA all together? would bridge the gap for amateurism right?

I think that is the final version. The super conferences, and then the break away from the NCAA. At a minimum in football. 

5 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Is this a possibility? I hadn't even really seen this discussed, prior to this tweet. But could OU/Texas join the SEC and then we break away from the NCAA all together? would bridge the gap for amateurism right?

From Kavanaugh opinion last month:
"The NCAA's business model would be flatly illegal in almost any other industry in America. It is highly questionable whether the NCAA and its member colleges can justify not paying student athletes a fair share of the revenues."

That was a 9-0 decision btw.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

"There's this understanding among the membership -- at least it was 10 years ago -- that you don't admit a school from the same state as a member school unless that member school's OK with it," Loftin told ESPN.com on Thursday.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I have seen some light joking about this around the context of the SEC potentially inviting FSU/Clemson as 17 and 18 though I don't think anyone is actually taking those invites seriously. The real answer is that the NCAA is beyond useless anyways so why pay them when you have as much brand strength as this new conference would have. The NCAA literally just pissed away 60 odd million bumbling the NIL decisions away.

16 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Is there any chance one or more of the lower tier SEC teams- Missou, Vandy, Kentucky, maybe SC, decide to seize the opportunity to bolt, knowing they will never sniff a conf title game appearance ever?  I know, follow the money and the answer is no, but seems like it could make sense.

UnhappySorrowfulKusimanse-max-1mb.gif

10 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

who has the gif of that stupid bowtie motherfucker dancing with his tongue out after his 100 year decision?

fuck that dude.

F you for rattling his chain. If he shows up here, you have a negging coming.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I said clueless, not in the dark. The adults have been talking during this effort and CDC hasn’t been included in that conversation. 

If you think ADs have been involved much at all, just watch Bjork’s fucking interview yesterday. Flat-footed doesn’t even begin to describe it. 

Assuming your facts are in order, you are choosing to characterize CDC as "clueless" and not one of "the adults", heavily implying that this stuff is beyond his capacity.  Do you have anything to support this and your characterization of him as less than fully engaged/competent?  Or is it possible that he and Hartzell and others on their respective staffs have created a division of labor that just happens to fall this way and you are choosing to use it to impugn him?

3 minutes ago, Yuk said:

From Kavanaugh opinion last month:
"The NCAA's business model would be flatly illegal in almost any other industry in America. It is highly questionable whether the NCAA and its member colleges can justify not paying student athletes a fair share of the revenues."

That was a 9-0 decision btw.

To be clear, the Kavanaugh didn't write the decision.  He wrote a concurrence, which was not joined by any other justice.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Eggo said:

Gentlemen's agreements tend to break down when hundreds of millions of dollars are in play.

Also the gentleman's agreement was to keep a weak Clemson, Georgia Tech, and Florida State out, not anyone close to our size.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yes, World, this attention whore average football player played for Tennessee. 

Hey he's a public figure millionaire that graduated from Texas playing football, he's helping recruiting. I like him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

"There's this understanding among the membership -- at least it was 10 years ago -- that you don't admit a school from the same state as a member school unless that member school's OK with it," Loftin told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Deception And Espionage Royalty Free Vector Clip Art - Fingers Crossed  Behind Back - Free Transparent PNG Clipart Images Download

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

We shall see. Times have changed though. TX and OU are limited commodities in a changing landscape. If the SEC doesn't take them, ACC or Big 10 will.

Also, this blatant leak / media campaign to undermine it shows they don't expect that agreement to hold up.

Lastly, even if Aggy does have veto power, are they willing to piss off their entire conference by using it? Maybe. Ok probably. But could have consequences.

Edited by Tex-19
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

I think that is the final version. The super conferences, and then the break away from the NCAA. At a minimum in football. 

Yes. The NCAA and Big12 can boss around Baylor/TCU/Houston while the big boys go play football. 

The NCAA is actually just nothing anymore that NIL exists. 

It's not boosters in the lege, it's just simply alums from schools that realize their school is fucked. It doesn't have to be a fucking 100 millionaire that got elected. It just needs to be every Tech, Baylor, and TCU elected person who realizes they're fucked if they don't gum the wheels. 
They were fucked the second the story broke and there were no denials..and aggy AD practically confirmed it by his actions and words.

The Big12 is done wether they like it or not, I'm sure most of them realize that now.

11 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

There's a reason this "gentlemen's agreement" isn't documented in the SEC conference rules or any other piece of paper.  It doesn't exist.

• Hook 'Em 2

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Texas make approximately $53 million from the Big XII conference and Longhorn Network revenues in May 2020?  Texas made Approximately $49 million this May 2021.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/31511545/amid-covid-19-pandemic-big-12-distribution-revenue-schools-lower-yet-again

I believe that in both 2020 and 2021 Texas made more than any SEC member.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/southeastern-conference-s-revenue-increased-slightly-to-729-million-in-2020-fiscal-year/ar-BB1doWys

This may not be true in four years, and that is why Texas is looking for "greener pastures."

• Like 2