Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

20 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

NSIAP

He forgot #6: Get kicked out of the SEC

4 minutes ago, Asu2215 said:

What happens if someone torpedoes the expanded playoff model and it sticks at four for the foreseeable future? That kind of screws UT and OU.

then the winner of the SEC West will still get a spot over whoever goes 8-4 and wins the PAC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Baylor is the mobile phone accessory kiosk

6 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

More like the mall version of the bar from The Accused.

I thought Baylor were the culty, self-righteous misfits who projected a clean, Christian image while also covering up a sordid, sexist history of unchecked sexual assault and harassment?

• Like 1

Vandy is the token private school that every conference has to avoid some freedom of information requests.  They also have great academics and good basketball and baseball and are in a good market that you can might actually want to visit.
The only bread in the SEC is them having 2 Mississippi schools but that way better than all the remaining conferences.

South Carolina is garbage.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

I used to think this and the logistics of getting that many people out of Fair Park at night. But then Mexico just had a night soccer game in the Cotton Bowl. 

i was at the US 1-0 win over la tri at the cotton bowl in 2004.  sam's army had 400 in section 27 or 28 can't remember which exactly, la tri had 44400, and it was easy getting out.

the other night they had 47000.

90000+ in the stadium dumping out in to a full fair grounds with another 100000 minimum, is 4x the degree of difficulty at 11pm.

that's fetch.

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He forgot #6: Get kicked out of the SEC

then the winner of the SEC West will still get a spot over whoever goes 8-4 and wins the PAC. 

That's my point. Unless you expand the playoffs enough so that 3 or 4 or more SEC teams can realistically make it in (the 12 team model),  UT & OU just made their path to the playoffs infinitely harder. 

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i was at the US 1-0 win over la tri at the cotton bowl in 2004.  sam's army had 400 in section 27 or 28 can't remember which exactly, la tri had 44400, and it was easy getting out.

the other night they had 47000.

90000+ in the stadium dumping out in to a full fair grounds with another 100000 minimum, is 4x the degree of difficulty at 11pm.

that's fetch.

Yes. And split all of those people exactly down the middle when it comes to allegiance. And ratchet up the hatred a couple degrees. And add more booze. 

The CoD will never, ever allow another Texas/OU night game. I could maybe see 2:30 making a comeback. 

4 minutes ago, Asu2215 said:

That's my point. Unless you expand the playoffs enough so that 3 or 4 or more SEC teams can realistically make it in (the 12 team model),  UT & OU just made their path to the playoffs infinitely harder. 

Meh. Secsecsec is overrated as hell. They have upgraded the coaching talent in the west quite a bit with Leach, Kiffin, and Harsin, but our schedule will only be a little more difficult than before at most. We're going to dodge a couple of the good teams every year, probably play only 9 conference games, and benefit from the bullshit "zomg.sec.so.difficult." narrative. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

The ags are such subservient pieces of shit. It’s hilarious.
”When you’re a rookie, you show respect. 
The SEC took a chance on us, and we were grateful. 
It wasn’t our place to act like jackasses. 
To this day, each game we play/host in the SEC is an honor.“ 
https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/have-to-give-ags-and-mizzou-credit/97373661/
This thread is pure.fucking.gold.jerry

Props to the most witty gooner I've ever witnessed laying the smackdown on that cuck aggy, lmfao for real

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Well, the aggy that wrote the article in the Houston Chronicle....prematurely broke the news to stir this up.  sec, Texas and OU didn't want this out, while they were ironing out the details....remember the Saban fiasco?

Just for the record, the writer that broke the story is a Sam Houston State grad, not aggy.  He has however, pretty much been an A&M beat writer his entire career.  He's the same guy that broke the Fran secret email newsletter to big boosters story too.

• Hook 'Em 1

Time to fucking man up and push for an undefeated season in order to make it to the playoffs. You want to be the man....you got to beat the man.
All Gas, No Brakes!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

After dealing with Miss St fan in Omaha I'm less eager to leave the big 12. Not gonna lie.
Although to be fair I most miss the OG big 12 and fucking up Neb and aggie on the regular. Especially Nebraska.

It's the SEC. They're mostly a bunch of mouthbreathing shitheads. We brought this upon ourselves by sucking ass for a decade though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Was thinking this as well  Definitely from our perspective. But will OU suddenly start getting the shit we’ve been getting for the last decade? Will the refs hold it against those idiots. I’ll be watching all the Ou games that I usually don’t. 

ou sucks. 

Yeah a shame it’s a year OU is a real contender.  

Luckily being an SEC member > championship.  

• Like 1

From the call this evening..

The Big 12 released the following statement:

Oklahoma and Texas are founding members of the Big 12 and we value their traditions and history of success.

The eight members strongly desire to retain the current composition, which has proven it can compete at the highest levels.

There is a recognition that institutions may act in their own self-interest, however there is an expectation that members adhere to Conference bylaws and the enforcement of Grant of Rights agreements.

This is a time of dramatic change within intercollegiate athletics that presents both opportunities and challenges, and the Big 12 Conference looks forward to continuing to play a major role in its evolution.

1 minute ago, Both Tacos said:

From the call this evening..

The Big 12 released the following statement:

Oklahoma and Texas are founding members of the Big 12 and we value their traditions and history of success.

The eight members strongly desire to retain the current composition, which has proven it can compete at the highest levels.

There is a recognition that institutions may act in their own self-interest, however there is an expectation that members adhere to Conference bylaws and the enforcement of Grant of Rights agreements.

This is a time of dramatic change within intercollegiate athletics that presents both opportunities and challenges, and the Big 12 Conference looks forward to continuing to play a major role in its evolution.

Good luck with that fuckos. Never forget 08 and 15

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Envisioning an alternate timeline where aggy doesn’t leak this and the world finds out about it when Texas/OU send that letter to the Big12 next week wanting out. That would have been even more insane.

Sankey will be treating Aggie according for their lack of discretion.   They just lost their new employee smell.  

Edited by stork642

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, hopefully Iowa State ends up in B10

Al may zero-sum this and give negative fucks, but everyone i've talked to today puts isu at the top of the list of most-fucked and greatest-hope-they-land-softly quotient.

and if ku is not on the pac list, that means they've already got their splashdown coordinates

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Out of curiosity, where would we have ended up if we hadn’t sucked ass for a decade?

Charting our own path if the administration+AD+coaching hadn't been a complete clusterfuck for so long. Maybe Bama/SEC don't dominate the championships. LHN mightve been more worthwhile. Couldve operated from a position of strength in realignment with the Big 12 or gone independent.  

At the end of the day, we're still fine. At least there will be some big games in the SEC, the Olds get Arkansas back, we get to fuck up aggy's dreams, and we get to benefit from the massive bias, so I'm not trying to complain too much. 

Edited by Bevo14

21 minutes ago, Asu2215 said:

Your assuming status quo, but this would be a monumental shift from the previous negotiations for so many reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Envisioning an alternate timeline where aggy doesn’t leak this and the world finds out about it when Texas/OU send that letter to the Big12 next week wanting out. That would have been even more insane.

aggy made it happen by orchestrating yesterday's showing of their open anus bent over mooning the entire world

it doesn't happen before T+1 minimum, maybe not until the playoffs, if aggy doesn't show their ass

so instead of biding their time and moving quietly around their league to garner support if any could be found, no, they had to show their ass to the world

poooooo-raggy

It's hilarious that they are acting like they've been there forever. They were in the B12 for longer than they've been in the SEC. We'll be a newcomer just like they still are. 
The shit talking and hatred across the SEC is going to be off the charts. You know there are some matchups that will get ugly quickly. Especially once OU (and hopefully us) starts handing out ass beatings.

Shitttttt, is OGs still see Arkansas and South Carolina as newbies.

And they joined the SEC in 1990!!!
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Charting our own path if the administration+AD+coaching hadn't been a complete clusterfuck for so long. Maybe Bama/SEC don't dominate the championships. LHN mightve been more worthwhile. Couldve operated from a position of strength in realignment with the Big 12 or gone independent.  

At the end of the day, we're still fine. At least there will be some big games in the SEC, the Olds get Arkansas back, we get to fuck up aggy's dreams, and we get to benefit from the massive bias, so I'm not trying to complain too much. 

That’s fair.

Yes. And split all of those people exactly down the middle when it comes to allegiance. And ratchet up the hatred a couple degrees. And add more booze. 
The CoD will never, ever allow another Texas/OU night game. I could maybe see 2:30 making a comeback. 

There’s never been a Texas-OU night game to my knowledge. There will absolutely be a 2:30 RRS game if we get our shit together under Sark.