Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Gonna need someone to quickly get a Hitler goes off as aggy finds out Texas is joining the sec video.

I will say texags is pretty great reading right now.  They are not in support of this idea, you might say.

Probably been discussed ad nauseum, but I can't follow this thread.  If it is just UT & OU, does the Big 12 try to reload with other schools (Houston, SMU, xxx), or does it implode.  The former to me relegates the Big 12 to irrelevancy.  Implosion probably creates a massive musical chairs for every conference.  Which I think is better.  

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Lol I'm sure Stanford or Berkeley would love to roll into the 3rd Ward

You don't think Stanford and Berkeley would like to stop by The Ion and pitch their startup on the way out of "Midtown" (aka 3rd Ward)?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We know aggy is a no but how awesome would it be for their constituency to have to deal with it being a 14-0 vote and even their AD/Admin betrays them?

If it is 13-1 vote, then the aggy butt hurt will be off the charts and further deepen their inferiority complex if that is possible.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Sbbruin said:

I will say texags is pretty great reading right now.  They are not in support of this idea, you might say.

Probably been discussed ad nauseum, but I can't follow this thread.  If it is just UT & OU, does the Big 12 try to reload with other schools (Houston, SMU, xxx), or does it implode.  The former to me relegates the Big 12 to irrelevancy.  Implosion probably creates a massive musical chairs for every conference.  Which I think is better.  

I think this is the beginning of the slow destruction of several smaller programs. Some programs just arent going to find a home, and even if they did they wont be able to meaningfully compete in the NIL world. 

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

they can try to keep Big12 around as an AAC type of league but KU is gone to Big10 for sure and OSU and Tech aren't waiting around being pretty large state schools.

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

The Big 12 will be no more.  And that will be a good thing.  As a Tech alum, I am hoping we end up in the Pac-12/Pac-16.  I would like to see us, Okie St., KSU, and either ISU or KU packaged together to finish out the PAC-16 (either one of KU or ISU is probably headed to the Big10).

I hope Baylor and TCU end up relegated to the AAC.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'd be shocked if the Big Ten doesn't invite KU if it all blows up.   AAU, good academics, KC market, basketball blueblood, someone to give Nebraska an added win to prove they've still "got it", and all of their NCAA issues are going away with NIL.

Who you got for 16 is the real question.   Not sure they want to stay at 11, like they stayed at 15, if the feeding frenzy begins and they need to wait nearly a decade to pry loose ACC teams.

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I think that depends on whether y'all pick up the likes of Tech, Okla State, and K-State. If so, there won't be enough of a Big 12 to reconstruct.

1 minute ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Smart money says vote will be 14-0 assuming Ags self-actualize and understand that casting a dissenting vote will cement the notion that they are acting like petulant children.

Right? Right?

Either they vote no, and the SEC mocks them forever, or they vote yes, and aggy heads explode. Truly a win win for comedy.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Now Kurt is actually on DP show. Saying he got a tip last Friday.

Got a tip last Friday and let a schlub like Brent Z at the Chronicle break the story on Wednesday afternoon.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, TexasEx said:

So not happening anymore. 

Well, Chip didn't break this -- so we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Look, Texas has no one to blame but themselves for the failures on the field over the last decade. But playing a scheduled where 90% of the teams are little brothers with a massive chip on their shoulder whose most important game is Texas every year gets old. It really sucks when they beat us (which has happened a lot), it still kinda sucks even when we win. It's just not that interesting. 

More often than not (post Charlie Strong) we seem to play our best against the bigger opponents/programs. If this move to the SEC happens, I think we're gonna do very well. 

Agreed. Tired of the little yapper dogs nipping at hour heels, getting fat off the scraps falling off the Texas table and then being ungrateful fucks about it.

56 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

So we're incompetent and a punchline when we're helping Matt Campbell and Gary Patterson get extensions, but now we're cunning and mean because we're looking after our best longterm interests. Fuck off leeches.

100 percent.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Kansas to the Big 10 makes infinite sense.  The Big 10 is an academics-oriented conference and KU is a solid school and their student-athletes can read.  Unlike many other Big XII institutions.  Geographically connected, brings great basketball prowess which the Big 10 needs.  I'd be happy for the Jayhawks to make that jump.  

Now what's all this chatter about Texas going to the SEC?  

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

I'd be shocked if the Big Ten doesn't invite KU if it all blows up.   AAU, good academics, KC market, basketball blueblood, someone to give Nebraska an added win to prove they've still "got it", and all of their NCAA issues are going away with NIL.

Who you got for 16 is the real question.   Not sure they want to stay at 11, like they stayed at 15, if the feeding frenzy begins and they need to wait nearly a decade to pry loose ACC teams.

West Virginia if the ACC says no thanks? West Virginia gives you a perfect pod of West Virginia, Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State.  Plus WV adds basketball and isn't as bad as KU in football. 

ACC is at 15 and can add ND to hit 16.    There really is no other choice besides West Virginia or ISU. 

Edited by Js1

2 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Smart money says vote will be 14-0 assuming Ags self-actualize and understand that casting a dissenting vote will cement the notion that they are acting like petulant children.

Right? Right?

get ready for those choads to act like they "let Texas in the club".  It is going to be glorious.

5 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Speculative of course, but I truly cannot stop cackling at the possibility of locking aggy into a Big XII pod for the rest of their SEC days.

I like that pod idea much better than the previous one posted by the SEC Network. 

Dammit, I give in. Let's have a pod thread

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If we begin SEC play in 2022, does that Bama game get rolled into the conference schedule? In which case we would need another OOC game. The other option would be cancelling it, in which case we would also need another OOC game. 

Just pull a page from aggy's book and put Lamar on the schedule.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

West Virginia if the ACC says no thanks? West Virginia gives you a perfect pod of West Virginia, Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State.  Plus WV adds basketball and isn't as bad as KU in football. 

ACC is at 15 and can add ND to hit 16.    There really is no other choice besides West Virginia or ISU. 

They’d probably rather have Iowa State since ISU is AAU

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

West Virginia has no chance on getting into the Big Ten.  It’s ACC or bust.