Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

14 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Smart money says vote will be 14-0 assuming Ags self-actualize and understand that casting a dissenting vote will cement the notion that they are acting like petulant children.

Right? Right?

I don’t think they can. Every mouth breather in their fan base would stop sending in their donations. Which is like 98% of their base. 

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

PAC is happy AS fuck now with an auto bid to the playoffs now that big12 wont have a representative

PAC is and has been shitting their pants as the PAC network has lost 17% of their subscribers in the last two years. Programs there will either have to jump ship or just accept that they will make much less than programs in the B1G and SEC. 

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

PAC is happy AS fuck now with an auto bid to the playoffs now that big12 wont have a representative

This is actually interesting too.   Let's say the Big 12 doesn't die and the 8 stay together making less, grabbing like Cinci and someone closer to WVU.   

The CFP to 12 just said the top 6 conference champs, with the highest four rated getting the byes.   Its possible the remaining 8 would have more chances in the playoff realm as well if they stay together.   They'd just be the Pac, without USC.

1 minute ago, Hurtlocker said:

I can see the Pack giving TCU a rider on religion, but don't see it on Baylor.   If KU/ISU get snagged, which is a bit of a stretch I think, does the Pac grab Tech/TCU/OSU/KSU?

And if they don't grab KU/ISU, does the Pac grab them instead?

If the PAC is going to give anyone a rider on being a private religious school, I think they just take BYU.  It's a more national fanbase than TCU/Baylor, geographically within the Pac 12 footprint, automatically gives you a great in-conference rivalry game with Utah and isn't, you know, TCU/Baylor. 

16 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Smart money says vote will be 14-0 assuming Ags self-actualize and understand that casting a dissenting vote will cement the notion that they are acting like petulant children.

Right? Right?

aggy and self awareness are like oil and water

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Gonna need someone to quickly get a Hitler goes off as aggy finds out Texas is joining the sec video.

Find the one that somebody made with the Spanish speaking interviewee who continually has the high pitch laugh. It's much funnier than the Hitler one.

32 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

Actually, if I remember right from the last time this occurred, the conference needs 4 original members to retain its media deals.  So TCU/Baylor/KSU/ISU could stay, rebuild, soak in the money of 6 team's penalties/GOR donations, and then have a much smaller deal in 2025.

TCU is an original member of the Big 12?

27 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We know aggy is a no but how awesome would it be for their constituency to have to deal with it being a 14-0 vote and even their AD/Admin betrays them?

You mean future LSU AD Ross Bjork?

24 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

props to Bohls for managing to own himself in his own tweets.

By the time they vote it will be 14-0.

Just now, Js1 said:

If the PAC is going to give anyone a rider on being a private religious school, I think they just take BYU.  It's a more national fanbase than TCU/Baylor, geographically within the Pac 12 footprint, automatically gives you a great in-conference rivalry game with Utah and isn't, you know, TCU/Baylor. 

Exactly.  If you have TTU, you don't need TCU or Baylor to add any value in Texas.  And adding BYU gives them more eyeballs than Baylor and TCU combined multiple times over.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

No way, their stances on things are far too conservative for the Pac.   I'd take Dallas over another Utah school in a moment, even if it doesn't pull the biggest audiences.   It does put your LA teams in the central time zone in Texas.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No.  TCU is as religious these days as SMU, Duke, or Wake Forest.  There may be a divinity school and a central chapel or whatever, but it's not really run by the church in same way Baylor and BYU are.  That said -- agree with all that say Tech more attractive  

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

A reply might even be better

Ha!  Like aggy is good-looking enough to be a TriDelt.

49 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yeah, I just love this undercurrent narrative that UT wants to have its own set of rules and not be treated like everyone else. 

Just now, ztejas said:

She's plugged into the B10. She doesn't know shit. Amazed she's trying to report on this story, but I guess every journalist kind of has to. 

Yeah, she's a Big Ten mouthpiece, but I think the Atlantic got sideswiped with this since their big in is supporting TexAgs.   Everyone there is trying to get on the train now.

Mandel is such a dumbass.  Yea I admit we've sucked the last decade at football, sucked fucking hard.  But does anybody believe that just continues in perpetuity forever and ever and ever?  You don't buy past results, you buy future value you dipshit.  And it's not like this is about the results on the field anyway it's about where the future of the business side of the sports, all sports is headed.

Fuck there is part of me that could see in the next 50 years sports not even being aligned by region/city/school anymore.  It will be by company or something stupid like online services.  Today Tom Brady III leads the Twitch Couch Slugs into action against the Google Alphabet Warriors.  Brady, the grandson of former New England Patriots legend Tom Brady had an impressive debut last week when he threw for 490 yards in the 4th quarter to come back and defeat the Amazon Cock Rockets

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hurtlocker said:

No way, their stances on things are far too conservative for the Pac.   I'd take Dallas over another Utah school in a moment, even if it doesn't pull the biggest audiences.   It does put your LA teams in the central time zone in Texas.

Dallas cares about 3 things: Texas Longhorns, OU, and the Dallas Cowboys. TCU or Tech do not rate here, at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, mdmost said:

Dallas cares about 3 things: Texas Longhorns, OU, and the Dallas Cowboys. TCU or Tech do not rate here, at all. 

This. The Dallas market is going to the SEC.  The Pac 12 is not going to capture any part of it by grabbing TCU.  

Here's the podcast of texaggy radio today. I'm only on hour 1 but it's already got some good stuff. You hear David Nuno and Olin Buchanan speak in bewilderment and disbelief about Kurt Bohl's tweet. Then they get Kurt on for an interview and it's funny as they bring him up and it immediately went to voice mail on the air. They finally get Kurt on to talk about his reporting and they try to pry out of him that basically aggy is big brother now. Just the classless low level you'd expect out of a fan boy site. 

Should be great when Looch gets on. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/RdXSnWqBS0w/0148237-lvlk.mp3

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hurtlocker said:

Clearly, but what's better for USC, getting a game in Texas or getting a game in Provo?

You can get a game in Texas by grabbing Tech.

Hell, if you want to play in Dallas that bad, USC-Tech can be played in Jerryworld.  Beats Lubbock. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

Yeah, she's a Big Ten mouthpiece, but I think the Atlantic got sideswiped with this since their big in is supporting TexAgs.   Everyone there is trying to get on the train now.

Athletic* - but yes. 

I'm surprised more people didn't pick up on Pete Thamel giving this an 85% chance last night on SC. That's a dude that both has sources and doesn't make a claim like that unless he thinks it's got some truth behind it.  

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh come on, he can't be worse than Larry Scott. 

Right? 

Right? 

No, he can't be worse.

Latest statement-

“I consider the Pac-12 an exclusive club with a high barrier to entry.  I love the schools and the teams we have today. We are not actively seeking to poach any teams from any conferences. But we’d be foolish not to listen if schools call us.”

Don't wait.  Pick up the damn phone.

Just now, Js1 said:

You can get a game in Texas by grabbing Tech.

Hell, if you want to play in Dallas that bad, USC-Tech can be played in Jerryworld.  Beats Lubbock. 

Still don't see how that gives the advantage to Cougar, who the Pac could have had numerous times and wanted nothing to do with.

Aggy has, and will continue to aggy this up.  Their first response should have been something like "we have heard the rumors and will monitor the situation and ultimately do what is best for Texas A&M University."  Instead, it was "waaah waaaah we don't want tu."

When it comes to the vote, they should follow along and make it 14-0, and say something like "we are acting in the collective best interests of the SEC and TAMU."  Instead, it will be "we vote 'no' even though our vote doesn't make a difference because those sips don't deserve our support."

• Hook 'Em 2