Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

10 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

I'd be shocked if the Big Ten doesn't invite KU if it all blows up.   AAU, good academics, KC market, basketball blueblood, someone to give Nebraska an added win to prove they've still "got it", and all of their NCAA issues are going away with NIL.

Who you got for 16 is the real question.   Not sure they want to stay at 11, like they stayed at 15, if the feeding frenzy begins and they need to wait nearly a decade to pry loose ACC teams.

WVU makes the most sense geographically. Not sure about academically.

Cincinnati would be the next best bet. While not a traditional football powerhouse, they would be able to get players and win in the B1G. They won the AAC.  They could certainly compete in basketball, and have a built-in B1G/ACC rivalry with Louisville. I don't know how big the TV bump would be, but it's not zero because they don't suck as an AAC school, and they'd get a bump in the B1G.

8 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

So I was out with some Aggie buddies tonight and they brought it up.  I agreed with them that Aggie will lose most from this and one of them brought up that ex president of Aggie brought up that there was a gentleman's agreement that it wasn't allowed.  I said I don't know much about anti trust and monopoly laws but wouldn't that fall under that?  I'm sure that's not a rabbit hole the SEC would like to see them go into now

There are no "gentlemen" in the secsec.....so there!

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

PAC 12 wants Texas Tech for Recruiting and TVs. 

PAC-12 ain’t touching BU, TCU, or BYU because of Jesus 

I see Tech going to the PAC and there will be a yearly game in jerryworld with USC/UCLA etc for the Metro crowd.

8 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Smart money says vote will be 14-0 assuming Ags self-actualize and understand that casting a dissenting vote will cement the notion that they are acting like petulant children.

Right? Right?

There are 2 votes.

A school calls and expresses interest.

A representative of the conference (Sankey or a designated president) meets or talks with the interested party's (ies) president.

Information is exchanged (but not the NDA stuff).

Interested party wants to pursue membership.

Presidents of SEC are presented the particulars by Sankey or the handling President. There is a robust discussion of negatives, positives, objectives, potential revenue, academics, logistics, and relevant sports. Vigorous discussions last as long as is necessary to reach a point where voting is informed and everyone heard and their position understood. They vote but it is not recorded, nor the discussion. If 3/4ths say yes applications are sent to the interested party.

The party sends a delegation to meet SEC delegation and this included attorneys from both sides. Financial information is exchanged and NDA's signed (no word has leaked at this point unless by the interested party). When both delegations reach an accord the SEC requires due notification of the conference they are departing. This avoids interference lawsuits. Once notice is given formal application is made.

A second ceremonial vote is held in which all presidents must vote yes and only abstentions are allowed. SEC protocol requires no negative votes for entering members. Everyone starts supported and fresh.

Attorneys prepare formal contract

Formal contract signing occurs.

Teams of representatives including AD's work on finalizing future schedules for all sports and getting logos and signage changed and bringing venues up to SEC regulations (not at issue here).

Announcement date is set complete with media and Sankey and other dignitaries. And schools welcomed separately into the conference.

Now you can see where we are in the procedure.

Stole this from the birtburgulars, but this is the process as it was explained to them by someone up the chain in the process

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Hurtlocker said:

Still don't see how that gives the advantage to Cougar, who the Pac could have had numerous times and wanted nothing to do with.

The calculus changes for grabbing BYU if the B1G, ACC and Pac-12 all decide to go 16.

Again, if you're going to add mouths to the table, you gotta get a bigger pie.

BYU has a national fanbase, which = eyeballs = money.  TCU isn't going to give them the Dallas market and isn't going to add more eyeballs.  BYU is pumping out 3x the alumni of TCU, and BYU's alumni are spread out. 

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

I hope Baylor gets left out. Evil mega churches that can hide behind their private school status don't deserve to be in conferences with public institutions.

If you had told me several years ago that rape-enabling Art Briles and Baylor wouldn't have a lot of sanctions immediately, but would be out on their asses like a jettisoned piece of garbage in 2022, I would've taken that deal. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If the PAC is going to give anyone a rider on being a private religious school, I think they just take BYU.  It's a more national fanbase than TCU/Baylor, geographically within the Pac 12 footprint, automatically gives you a great in-conference rivalry game with Utah and isn't, you know, TCU/Baylor. 

I fucking hate BYU.  It's bullshit when the roll in with a bunch of 25 year olds playing kids right out of HS.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Speculative of course, but I truly cannot stop cackling at the possibility of locking aggy into a Big XII pod for the rest of their SEC days.

aggy would fight like hell about this pod assignment.  

aggy has no leverage in the overall admissions vote.  it's gonna happen, whether its 14-0 or 13-1.  but, the SEC could conceivably throw aggy a bone for breaking the "gentlemen's agreement" and pair aggy in a pod with LSU.  Arky moves in with Texas, OU, and Mizzou.  i'd be fine with that.  i don't need us to be in a pod with aggy.

• Hook 'Em 4

the cultural thing to me is more about out right racism.  fuck that noise completely.  I think for me the cultural fit is much, much better out west.  Pac 16 would be the tits in a vacuum of what college athletics *used to be* but unfortunately with NIL all bets are off and players will be paid and what was cheating will be legal so we really have no choice but to be the impetus of the beginning of a new league, one that is NFL-lite.  I'll miss college athletics I really will.  I may even adopt a team, not sure who.  Thankfully NIL probably won't change college baseball much so I'll just camp out there as my sport of choice.  It's been moving that way for years and years anyway.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 5

30 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I like that pod idea much better than the previous one posted by the SEC Network. 

Dammit, I give in. Let's have a pod thread

Sub Mizzou for Arkansas in our pod and I'm happier than a dog with two peters.

29 minutes ago, dark54555 said:

ROFL.  

TCU has "the academics"?

tenor.gif

16 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

How do we feel about this? Apart from football, delconte has really been amazing.

Sounds like CDC has next-to-nothing to do with this. It was Hartzell/Eltife/OU driven.

11 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Aggy has, and will continue to aggy this up.  Their first response should have been something like "we have heard the rumors and will monitor the situation and ultimately do what is best for Texas A&M University."  Instead, it was "waaah waaaah we don't want tu."

When it comes to the vote, they should follow along and make it 14-0, and say something like "we are acting in the collective best interests of the SEC and TAMU."  Instead, it will be "we vote 'no' even though our vote doesn't make a difference because those sips don't deserve our support."

13-1 put it on the wall! 

16 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Ha!  Like aggy is good-looking enough to be a TriDelt.

Yeah, I just love this undercurrent narrative that UT wants to have its own set of rules and not be treated like everyone else. 

Well the narrative came from the fact that Texas dictated to Nebraska how it was going to be when the they merged with the BIG 8 and then LHN cemented the narrative.

OU and Texas won’t win em all that first go round.  But they will win a lot of them.  And going on the road and fucking up some motherfuckers is going to feel REAL good for them and their fans.  
I know there’s a lot of SEC lurkers here -let me explain in a way you might understand - aggy is the brother in a family that just adopted 2 new boys.  They come in and pound your hot sister night one.  Assholes.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, C-Man said:

Sounds like CDC has next-to-nothing to do with this. It was Hartzell/Eltife/OU driven.

This is true, but if Sark works out, at least it's appears CDC brought in the coaches and the mentality for us to compete in the SEC right away in all sports.  There shouldn't be an adjustment period for the new competition (hopefully). 

• Hook 'Em 1

The best thing about all this…even if you hate the sec, as I do, is the little camp fire of hope that aggy had built for himself and the fact that his big brother and his brother’s asshole friend walked up and peed on it. Now he’s crying and throwing his toys at them as everyone laughs. 

It’s just glorious. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Dallas cares about 3 things: Texas Longhorns, OU, and the Dallas Cowboys. TCU or Tech do not rate here, at all. 

I don't disagree but think Tech out rates TCU.  Tons of tech grads here.   IF (and thats a big caveat) TV partners see real value in adding Central time zone kickoffs, I would think OSU and Tech are the first 2 calls.  That could guarantee a 11AM or Noon kickoff every week and it would help to some extent with the OKC/DFW (and a lesser extent Houston, still a bunch of Tech grads there).  TCU just doesn't do anything outside of Ft. Worth.  And despite the recent basketball championship I would still rate Baylor at the bottom of Texas schools from a valuation perspective.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The knobs here whining about culture fit or vacation trips are hilarious. And by hilarious, I mean you need to take stock and pull your fucking heads out of your collective asses. You act like we don't have an extensive and storied tradition of dealing with a bunch of fucking rock stupid, atavistic waterheaded, inbred sister fucking stupid pieces of shit as conference mates, for literally almost the entirety of our existence. For fuck's sake, we have more experience dealing with that kind of stupidity than we do as a winning program, and we're the goddamn second winningest program of all time.  Or we were, until we spent the last decade fucking a duck and shitting away recruits to the motherfuckers who passed us up. But yeah, keep talking about culture fit, even though being down to a conference the last decade with just one sister fucker dropped us from 2-4 all time in wins, AND we've still had to deal with the mind numbing stupidity of Aggy Fans and LSU fans all through Texas screaming SEC! SEC!, plus OU fans, all while we lose ground. Get the fuck over yourselves. Playing them  in football doesn't mean you have to suddenly start fucking your sister and indoctrinating your children at age .25. If it does, well, I guess you should have some explaining as to what you've been doing your entire fucking lives to this point, because guess what you're definitely a culture fit and protesting too much. 

As for the vacation people, get fucked. There's a half dozen great college football towns to visit, which is more than we have now. Pull yourselves together you mewling little bitches. 

Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I get why, but fuck this buddy buddy shit with OU. Let that end the moment we walk through the door.  I still hate those assholes. chitown talking about you buddy, crimson and cream dean wtf did that guy go? and any other okie fuckers. you can DIAGF.

ok now I feel better about the umm, "partnership" we made to leave.  carry on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

What's amazing, like always, Aggies did this to themselves. They invited the SEC into Texas and completely changed the recruiting landscape. They don't think Bama coming in year after year and walking out with our best recruits hasn't been noticed by Texas power brokers? The NIL expedited this, but Aggies started it. It could be raining pussy and aggie would get hit with a dick.

Did you post this on rivals or just copy paste it here?

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This. The Dallas market is going to the SEC.  The Pac 12 is not going to capture any part of it by grabbing TCU.  

That’s not at all how it works. 

Current viewers in DFW watching Pac12: 5,000

Viewers in DFW watching Pac12 with Tech being in it: 50,000

Grabbing any part of it is better than they currently have and leads to more revenue.  

Just now, Ldogg53 said:

That’s not at all how it works. 

Current viewers in DFW watching Pac12: 5,000

Viewers in DFW watching Pac12 with Tech being in it: 50,000

Grabbing any part of it is better than they currently have and leads to more revenue.  

Tech, yes.  TCU, no. 

4 hours ago, TexasFan21 said:

image.thumb.png.a7ed8b9c7c6b799ed60bab8fb4b0a345.png

That doesn't seem very accurate. Texas has 9 regular season baseball titles. OU has 14 football titles. Kansas certainly has more than 11 basketball titles.

I'd say it's old but it can't be because it says Texas has 25 MS&D titles.

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Saw some non-SEC fans whining about the SEC taking 'The Texas that killed off the SWC and now the B12.'  If we kill off the SEC, we'll be the hero of the rest of CFB.

we probably will kill of the SEC, NFL-lite is coming soon.

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

If would be shocked if this is true. A&M would probably sue the **** out of the conference if something this massive was kept in the dark on purpose”

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3211187/2#discussion

Bohls' source is just trying to rile up Aggies. It may or may not be true (who knows) but it accomplishes the UT objective to stir up drama between A&M and the SEC. Mission accomplished from that perspective.

Everything we do is about them. They think that because everything they do is about us.

spacer.png

You know the drill.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Guess we'll need to schedule a new out of conference opponent for 2022-23, since Bama will now be a conference game? Would be great to schedule Baylor or TTU, but I suppose that has little chance of happening 😄

I suppose if we're SEC that means Liberty or Texas Women's University or some such formidable foe...