Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

22 minutes ago, hawkfan said:

ND directly addressing conference realignment tomorrow and the B1G's deal is not yet finalized....  Going to find out soon whether ND is going to make a move or not it appears:

“Hey everybody, let’s hold a presser to remind people we’re independent!” -ND staff

Yeah. That’s not why one calls a presser about these things. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I wonder if this causes ESPN to double back on the P12 at all. P12/B12 are going to be in a deathmatch for the final ESPN media rights slots with the loser likely going to streaming platforms as a main revenue source. Amazon, Apple+, Hulu, etc could still be pretty viable but I have a hard time seeing them throwing around the kind of cash that the networks would.  

Why fight over the Pac? 

ESPN already has the B12, and the ACC. 

To break apart the ACC, teams need somewhere to go. 

Take B12 as their base, add what they can from Pac/ACC leftovers, and now not only control the top conference, but the second tier as well.

Second tier now has a coast to coast profile, etc.

Plus when the big merge comes, FOX/ESPN will have the teams for that under their umbrella. Then the end merge won’t be blocked by some TV deal.

Not a terrible angle for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

My point is that if we assume FOX is only getting a single Big Ten game each week, then they still have 20-23 or so games to fill and then they’d still have to put something on FS1 or it’s going to get dropped from cable. So I’m guessing we’ll see 2 Big Ten games on FOX during early OOC season and after the conclusion of the MLB postseason.

Yeah makes sense.  I didn't go back to count but I know they don't run football all day.   ABC doesn't even do it all day and they had the most rights.   A lot of Fox's content fell to the FSs.   However 36 games at $20m a pop is $720m a year.   If they're getting $600m out of NBC and CBS for 25-30 games, I'm guessing Fox's deal is closer to $500-600m for the top 20-25 games.   At the low end that puts 27 games on either the FSs or BTN.   Since Fox has 61% of BTN now, they'll make that money back on LA carriage alone.

And, due to that, I'd expect to see anyone who isn't Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State playing UCLA/USC on BTN to maximize SoCal carriage.  

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

“Hey everybody, let’s hold a presser to remind people we’re independent!” -ND staff

Yeah. That’s not why one calls a presser about these things. 

Why fight over the Pac? 

ESPN already has the B12, and the ACC. 

To break apart the ACC, teams need somewhere to go. 

On ND - I'm not buying the Flugar tweet.  But there is smoke here.   Either it allows ND to stay Indy because if they're going to pay $300m for Big Ten shoulder games, they'll give ND the money they want.   If ND only needs $75-100m, they get $12m from the ACC, so why wouldn't NBC pay them $75ish mill a year?

However, that is leaving half of ND's games on ESPN, as they play 5 against the ACC.   The way to up ND's payment is to get all of ND's games on NBC, even the away games, so all you have on NBC on 3:30 eastern every saturday, is Irish football.    If they play Army, they're on.   If they play Indiana, they're on.   If they play USC, at USC, they're on.  They can only do that if in an agreement with the Big Ten and that would allow NBC to pay more for Big Ten games.   If they do this, no way Fox doesn't grab Stanford for the ND game and NoCal BTN homes.

They'd just wouldn't be able to broadcast all their other sports until 2036 without writing a check to the ACC.   ESPN would also lower the ACC's valuation without 5 ND games a year, so its not necessarily a slam dunk, even if its way cheaper for them to move than say, Clemson.

On Pac/B12 - Yeah, this isn't a bad plan for ESPN.   If they're getting nothing, they're not going to want to give more to the Big Ten.   I'd fully expect Oregon/Washington to get the Texas/OU conversation about moving to the Big 12.   Its a shame they didn't do that first, but I don't think they expected UCLA/USC to move.   They have a couple ways they could deal with it:

• Leave the Pac/B12 alone and split timing, giving the Big 12 noon/afternoon slots on ESPN/ESPN2 and a Thursday night feature on ABC, then give the Pac 12 Prime/Latenight and the Friday feature.   Guessing you'd see about a $45-50m deal there for each.
  • Pluck the Pac.   The B12 is in a safer place having a year longer to wait for a deal.  With 3 big players off the market, that really only leaves the Mouse.  Why pay for Oregon State/WSU/etc.   You want Oregon/Washington.   The question becomes who has value with them in the Big 12 to get to 16.
  • Go all in.    The world ante'd up big to get the Big Ten, so take the rest and reshuffle the deck a bit.   If ND leaves, the ACC has 14.   Move UCF/WVU to the ACC to take them to 16, then take 6 from the Pac to have the Big 12 lean more west.  Then the ACC gets noon, the Big 12/ACC split mid afternoon, and the Big 12 gets late night.   You only have to pay 32 teams to do that instead of 36, which while not massive, still amounts to around $160m a year, or $10m more to the teams you keep.   Increase the payout to both by having H/H scheduling between the two conferences.
Edited by Hurtlocker

8 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Did anyone tell these networks that watching B1G football is boring as fuck? Who the fuck watches that shit?

It is so amazing to me to see all of these networks line up to overpay for B1G football content. Other than OSU-Meatchicken, and some compelling OOC games at the beginning of the year, I do not watch a single minute of it.

My understanding is that for the networks (unlike ESPN or cable channels), a major factor is having lead-ins for the local programming like local news in Chicago and other midwestern cities.

11 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

On ND - I'm not buying the Flugar tweet.  But there is smoke here.   Either it allows ND to stay Indy because if they're going to pay $300m for Big Ten shoulder games, they'll give ND the money they want.   If ND only needs $75-100m, they get $12m from the ACC, so why wouldn't NBC pay them $75ish mill a year?

However, that is leaving half of ND's games on ESPN, as they play 5 against the ACC.   The way to up ND's payment is to get all of ND's games on NBC, even the away games, so all you have on NBC on 3:30 eastern every saturday, is Irish football.    If they play Army, they're on.   If they play Indiana, they're on.   If they play USC, at USC, they're on.  They can only do that if in an agreement with the Big Ten and that would allow NBC to pay more for Big Ten games.   If they do this, no way Fox doesn't grab Stanford for the ND game and NoCal BTN homes.

They'd just wouldn't be able to broadcast all their other sports until 2036 without writing a check to the ACC.   ESPN would also lower the ACC's valuation without 5 ND games a year, so its not necessarily a slam dunk, even if its way cheaper for them to move than say, Clemson.

On Pac/B12 - Yeah, this isn't a bad plan for ESPN.   If they're getting nothing, they're not going to want to give more to the Big Ten.   I'd fully expect Oregon/Washington to get the Texas/OU conversation about moving to the Big 12.   Its a shame they didn't do that first, but I don't think they expected UCLA/USC to move.   They have a couple ways they could deal with it:

• Leave the Pac/B12 alone and split timing, giving the Big 12 noon/afternoon slots on ESPN/ESPN2 and a Thursday night feature on ABC, then give the Pac 12 Prime/Latenight and the Friday feature.   Guessing you'd see about a $45-50m deal there for each.
  • Pluck the Pac.   The B12 is in a safer place having a year longer to wait for a deal.  With 3 big players off the market, that really only leaves the Mouse.  Why pay for Oregon State/WSU/etc.   You want Oregon/Washington.   The question becomes who has value with them in the Big 12 to get to 16.
  • Go all in.    The world ante'd up big to get the Big Ten, so take the rest and reshuffle the deck a bit.   If ND leaves, the ACC has 14.   Move UCF/WVU to the ACC to take them to 16, then take 6 from the Pac to have the Big 12 lean more west.  Then the ACC gets noon, the Big 12/ACC split mid afternoon, and the Big 12 gets late night.   You only have to pay 32 teams to do that instead of 36, which while not massive, still amounts to around $160m a year, or $10m more to the teams you keep.   Increase the payout to both by having H/H scheduling between the two conferences.

The thing that will eventually force ND's hand won't be money or the playoffs, it will be the networks squeezing the B1G/SEC to ditch the shitty non conference games, plus 9/10 game conference schedules, which will inevitably lead to ND not having any (or many) opponents left in either league.  That might seem far fetched today, but this entire thing has always been as easy as following the money, and conference games are where the money is at.

ND can either join a league now, get paid along the way, and have a say in what their future conference looks like, or they can wait until it becomes really tough to fill their schedule and join then.  I think the result ends up being the same either way.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

My understanding is that for the networks (unlike ESPN or cable channels), a major factor is having lead-ins for the local programming like local news in Chicago and other midwestern cities.

Yeah, nothing wakes me up more from a boring 13-7 B1G game like the local news.

• Hook 'Em 1

From the ex pres of Fox Sports.

That was in regard to this question, since the tweets down load graphically any longer:  "Is it possible for them to stipulate “exclusive” windows, in terms of “no B1G games on national tv during noon, 3:30, 7pm except the specific network?” Example: FOX not allowed to have a 3:30/7pm B1G game on?"

Edited by Hurtlocker

1 hour ago, Hurtlocker said:

Do you think a game in South Bend could pseudo-qualify as a BUG game for night time slot?  i.e. SC plays at ND, it has been a night game for the last decade.  Under the new deal NBC keeps it there on the grounds that it features a BUG team.

2 hours ago, hawkfan said:

ND directly addressing conference realignment tomorrow and the B1G's deal is not yet finalized....  Going to find out soon whether ND is going to make a move or not it appears:

That *should* mean that nothing is going to happen.  ND like everyone else keeps her big moves secret until they are leaked and/or finalized. 

6 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Do you think a game in South Bend could pseudo-qualify as a BUG game for night time slot?  i.e. SC plays at ND, it has been a night game for the last decade.  Under the new deal NBC keeps it there on the grounds that it features a BUG team.

That *should* mean that nothing is going to happen.  ND like everyone else keeps her big moves secret until they are leaked and/or finalized. 

Yeah, where I was going was more NBC will air every Big Ten game involving ND.   When they are in South Bend, 3:30pm.   When they're away, slot in prime.

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Fox loves the Big Noon time slot. It's only competition is a lesser game on ESPN with the ACC or SEC and it's usually a very low interest matchup as the bigger games in each conference are at 2:30 or 6-7pm. 

The noon eastern gets a bad rep, but it is premier as one of the highest grossing slots, not only due to viewership of the game, but those games power pregame viewership you don't get later on, multiplying the value.    

Why didn't all of the Horns and Aggies in Houston watch their team play Cougs?

Any crowd they got was from visiting power teams like UT, Aggy, Arkansas. It wasn’t enough to usually pay the travel bill. The 50/50 gate split was the catalyst that killed the SWC.

So big schools drew big full stadiums. The SWC have nots drew shit. The gate split meant Rice would go to Arkansas and take home 50% of 60000. Arkansas goes to Rice for 50% of 6000. Texas, Aggy and ark proposed a near 100% gate for the home team and using TV rev share and bowl money as the only shared rev. Small schools nixed it so those three tried to leave.

It got so bad that smu proposed their big school games would always be at the big school; basically a home no home set up.
  • Hook 'Em 3

So, from this:

NBC and CBS are taking 13 games, which seems about right.   That's what the CBS deal was with the SEC before they expanded with A&M/Mizzou and CBS wasn't a big fan of going to 15 because it breaks into their golf programming.

$380m/year is in year 4, so with a 4% escalator means year one is $350m and year 7 is $428m.   That's $26-$33m per game, or more than CCGs bring in now.

If Fox pays 20% more for 15 games, that gives them $1.2B (in year one) for 65% of their inventory.   The rest falls to BTN, which also pays the conference, and they'll likely get rid of BTN2Go to allow BTN streaming on some platform to sell that too.

Edited by Hurtlocker

2 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:

ante'd????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:

Fox doesn't really run 3 games a day.    They run about 30 games total throughout the season.  So I'm with you, but I'm not sure they're paying for a lot of extra big ten games, especially not the 4th one.   They do get the BTN too, and could dump shit on FS1.  Maybe Fox gets into the Big12/Pac12 too then for a game a week.   

Yeah ABC gave the SEC $300M for their T1 rights, including the CCG, but by gaining them all, they can put them wherever they want them or show more than one a week.   Easier to make a dime on that.   

$350m for 13-14 games at 3:30 every week, without a CCG, when it's NEVER the top game of that week?     The Cocktail party will outdraw Michigan State/Wisconsin.  Something's wack or CBS is dumb.

CBS bid $300 million.  I've read (not authoritatively) the ESPN number was somewhere north of $350 million for the SEC.

44 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

you broke it you own it

100% this

You joined a mostly eastern timezone conference.  You don't get special treatment - if the Big Noon game is the big game for your conference, enjoy your 9am kickoffs or be relegated to a regional slot or up against a bigger conference game from the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Any crowd they got was from visiting power teams like UT, Aggy, Arkansas. It wasn’t enough to usually pay the travel bill. The 50/50 gate split was the catalyst that killed the SWC.

So big schools drew big full stadiums. The SWC have nots drew shit. The gate split meant Rice would go to Arkansas and take home 50% of 60000. Arkansas goes to Rice for 50% of 6000. Texas, Aggy and ark proposed a near 100% gate for the home team and using TV rev share and bowl money as the only shared rev. Small schools nixed it so those three tried to leave.

It got so bad that smu proposed their big school games would always be at the big school; basically a home no home set up.

That gate sharing finally got killed, so the conference lasted a little longer.  Don't remember when that change happened.

Its interesting that in the 50s, aggy played all their home games vs. Rice in Houston.  They drew better there.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

you broke it you own it

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

100% this

You joined a mostly eastern timezone conference.  You don't get special treatment - if the Big Noon game is the big game for your conference, enjoy your 9am kickoffs or be relegated to a regional slot or up against a bigger conference game from the SEC. 

14/16 Big 10 teams can host noon ET kickoffs without giving their fanbase a middle finger.  That's more than enough inventory to fill that timeslot.  Nobody would tell those same 14 teams they have to kickoff at 10 PM local time so they can fill that late night timeslot, thus it's reasonable to expect the 2 schools that would be greatly inconvenienced by hosting noon ET kickoffs won't get them and the 2 schools that aren't inconvenienced by hosting 10 PM ET kickoffs will be the only schools getting those.  Notice I'm using the word "host" instead of "play."  I don't have a problem with road games being at noon ET/9 AM PT, like when David Shaw coined the term "body clock" to excuse his last great team laying an egg at Northwestern a few years ago.

It's not even a request for special treatment.  Special treatment would be "no noon ET games period regardless of location."  Asking not to host 9 AM PT kickoffs is no different than Penn State or Wisconsin asking not to host 10 PM ET kickoffs, which is so asinine it's something they don't even have to request because nobody would ask them to do it.  When you bring the second largest market in the country and elite recruiting territory and hundreds of millions of dollars to your new neighborhood you get to request they don't put you on the lot with the burned out house full of homeless people in between the crack house and the whore house.  As for going up head to head against SEC games, who cares.  The highest rated CFB game of all time was a certain title game in Pasadena I'm sure everyone here remembers very well and it didn't feature SEC patches on anyone's jersey.  When USC is on a roll it's a bigger show than the Cletus Conference.

27 minutes ago, Trojan Man said:

14/16 Big 10 teams can host noon ET kickoffs without giving their fanbase a middle finger.  That's more than enough inventory to fill that timeslot.  Nobody would tell those same 14 teams they have to kickoff at 10 PM local time so they can fill that late night timeslot, thus it's reasonable to expect the 2 schools that would be greatly inconvenienced by hosting noon ET kickoffs won't get them and the 2 schools that aren't inconvenienced by hosting 10 PM ET kickoffs will be the only schools getting those.  Notice I'm using the word "host" instead of "play."  I don't have a problem with road games being at noon ET/9 AM PT, like when David Shaw coined the term "body clock" to excuse his last great team laying an egg at Northwestern a few years ago.

It's not even a request for special treatment.  Special treatment would be "no noon ET games period regardless of location."  Asking not to host 9 AM PT kickoffs is no different than Penn State or Wisconsin asking not to host 10 PM ET kickoffs, which is so asinine it's something they don't even have to request because nobody would ask them to do it.  When you bring the second largest market in the country and elite recruiting territory and hundreds of millions of dollars to your new neighborhood you get to request they don't put you on the lot with the burned out house full of homeless people in between the crack house and the whore house.  As for going up head to head against SEC games, who cares.  The highest rated CFB game of all time was a certain title game in Pasadena I'm sure everyone here remembers very well and it didn't feature SEC patches on anyone's jersey.  When USC is on a roll it's a bigger show than the Cletus Conference.

For a 100 million per year, you will do whatever Fox orders.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, hawkfan said:

I assume the OTA networks all want a piece of the expanded CFB playoff coming in a few years, wouldn't be shocked if the networks all want to work through the B1G to assure they get the number of games they want out of that deal.

I'm convinced the biggest reason the expanded playoff didn't happen was because Fox wanted it to go to bid instead of expanding it and letting ESPN control the entire thing.

Part of the B1G's numbers are likely that FOX/CBS/NBC are tired of ESPN owning the entire sport... Cutting ESPN off from the B1G changes that dynamic considerably, even more so if the B1G expands to 20 with ND and 3 additional partners.

For the good of the sport this had to happen. The only way we get back to all regions of the country taking part in college football is for ESPN's control of the sport to be diminished considerably. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Trojan Man said:

What a deal.

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I don't believe this is correct.  If memory serves the SWC decided before the breakup that home receipts would not be split with visiting teams other than maybe travel expenses.  That was by design to what your report, to keep teams with bigger followings with more money and let the smaller gates like UH, TCU, Baylor suffer.

19 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

What a deal.

Don't screw Western teams with 9 AM local kickoffs at home, don't screw Eastern teams with 10 PM local kickoffs at home.  Give those kickoffs to the teams that won't have their attendance and atmosphere killed by it.  Seems pretty simple and fair to me.

tOSU @ USC is going to be desirable to Fox for the Big Noon kickoff, and they're the ones paying the bills.  You'll get in line and do what you're told.

You know how people say "Money is now completely in charge of college football?"  This is what they're talking about.  Welcome to the party, pal.

The good news for you, is that most of the B1G conference sucks and so you'll rarely be asked to play a home game at 9 AM local time.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, utee94 said:

tOSU @ USC is going to be desirable to Fox for the Big Noon kickoff, and they're the ones paying the bills.  You'll get in line and do what your told.

You know how people say "Money is now completely in charge of college football?"  This is what they're talking about.

Truth 

Fox tells USC to host at 9am and they said “yes daddy, thank you for our annual check”

• Haha 1

I don't believe this is correct.  If memory serves the SWC decided before the breakup that home receipts would not be split with visiting teams other than maybe travel expenses.  That was by design to what your report, to keep teams with bigger followings with more money and let the smaller gates like UH, TCU, Baylor suffer.

I believe it happened after Arkansas left, and UT and Aggy were chained by politicians to stay in the SWC instead of bolting to the SEC as well.

They're not gonna make USC kick off at in LA at 9am, but they are going to make them play away games at noon ET, which is 9am bodyclock time. College students can't get there multiple days early like the NFL so they're going to be at a big disadvantage.

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What’s Herbstreit’s contract at ESPN look like? FOX would probably give him a raise, and he could focus more on his beloved Ohio State. 

I doubt he wants to stick around at ESPN to fluff the SEC, and talk shit on the Big Ten. 

I would fully support this move. 

He should look into Russian women's basketball.

44 minutes ago, utee94 said:

tOSU @ USC is going to be desirable to Fox for the Big Noon kickoff, and they're the ones paying the bills.  You'll get in line and do what you're told.

You know how people say "Money is now completely in charge of college football?"  This is what they're talking about.  Welcome to the party, pal.

The good news for you, is that most of the B1G conference sucks and so you'll rarely be asked to play a home game at 9 AM local time.

43 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Truth 

Fox tells USC to host at 9am and they said “yes daddy, thank you for our annual check”

Well then, lets hope Fox decides CFB is more profitable than MLB when their MLB contract expires in 2028 and they can stop committing their September and October Saturday afternoons and evenings to baseball.

1 minute ago, Vermin said:

They're not gonna make USC kick off at in LA at 9am, but they are going to make them play away games at noon ET, which is 9am bodyclock time. College students can't get there multiple days early like the NFL so they're going to be at a big disadvantage.

I don't think early road games will be a problem.  9 AM kickoff didn't bother Oregon when they won at Ohio State last season.  Just practice early all week to acclimate.  The proliferation of remote education means they might start leaving a day earlier for road games which would also help.  One interesting idea I saw thrown around to alleviate the travel burden was USC and UCLA pitching in for a shared athletic facility in Big 10 territory, somewhere like Chicago or Indianapolis.  They could put in practice fields and meeting rooms and weight rooms for all their sports teams, classrooms for remote classes, cafeterias, rehab facilities, dorms, hire local tutors to help with the class workload.  Then the football team could head out on Monday and prepare at that facility all week before a road game, which would be very helpful if snow or extreme cold are expected.  Maybe piggyback it with a second straight conference road game so that's one fewer cross country trip.  The basketball teams and baseball teams could stay there for a couple weeks and knock out a huge chunk of their conference road schedule with minimal travel and so on.  I saw this brainstormed on another message board so I doubt it will ever happen, but those huge Big 10 paychecks have to be spent on something.  This would provide tangible athletic benefits while making travel easier and you can only have so many barbershops and water slides and diamond-encrusted toilets in your locker room.

Plus, a savvy coaching staff can turn it into a recruiting pitch.  If you end up playing for a West Coast NFL team they aren't going to let you dodge early road games or shitty weather so noon ET November games at Minnesota and Michigan State will prepare you for 1 PM ET road games at Buffalo and New England.

One interesting idea I saw thrown around to alleviate the travel burden was USC and UCLA pitching in for a shared athletic facility in Big 10 territory, somewhere like Chicago or Indianapolis.  They could put in practice fields and meeting rooms and weight rooms for all their sports teams, classrooms for remote classes, cafeterias, rehab facilities, dorms, hire local tutors to help with the class workload.

It's too bad UCLA will be forced to share their windfall with Berkeley unless Cal is added to the B1G as well.

• Haha 1

We played the ags at 10 AM local time, every other year, for about a decade.  TV didn't give a shit about the local fans then, and it's even worse now.  They'll make USC kick at 9 AM if they feel like it.  You cash the checks, you sell your soul.  Same as it ever was.

But again, it's not like it's going to happen often. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ONE YARD said:

so how does this money compare to what the sec can expect once we join?  

More.   Some because they have three groups bidding against each other and some because Oklahoma and Texas' T3 revenues are "off the books" of the SEC, e.g. not on the SEC Network, ESPN pays directly.

8 hours ago, Trojan Man said:

14/16 Big 10 teams can host noon ET kickoffs without giving their fanbase a middle finger.  That's more than enough inventory to fill that timeslot.  Nobody would tell those same 14 teams they have to kickoff at 10 PM local time so they can fill that late night timeslot, thus it's reasonable to expect the 2 schools that would be greatly inconvenienced by hosting noon ET kickoffs won't get them and the 2 schools that aren't inconvenienced by hosting 10 PM ET kickoffs will be the only schools getting those.

In the 20th century, Friday before the 0u game was the biggest night of the year in Dallas.   ESPN and Fox combined to kill that tradition in 21st century, with Fox adding the insult of using the Big Noon brand for an 11am local kick.

Welcome to the party, pal.

6 hours ago, Trojan Man said:

Don't screw Western teams with 9 AM local kickoffs at home, don't screw Eastern teams with 10 PM local kickoffs at home.  Give those kickoffs to the teams that won't have their attendance and atmosphere killed by it.  Seems pretty simple and fair to me.

Your plan makes sense.  I believe that is the way it is now in OOC play. 

20 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Did anyone tell these networks that watching B1G football is boring as fuck? Who the fuck watches that shit?

It is so amazing to me to see all of these networks line up to overpay for B1G football content. Other than OSU-Meatchicken, and some compelling OOC games at the beginning of the year, I do not watch a single minute of it.

These are massive universities with massive fanbases.  Entertainment and merit have fuck all to do with this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

This is so fucking weird

Shit, it's going to be all Ohio State and Michigan clips because let's be honest, that's the entire reason the Big 10 is getting a good deal. Maybe sprinkle some Penn State and Wisconsin in there or the occasional time Nebraska wins a Big 10 game. 

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Shit, it's going to be all Ohio State and Michigan clips because let's be honest, that's the entire reason the Big 10 is getting a good deal. Maybe sprinkle some Penn State and Wisconsin in there or the occasional time Nebraska wins a Big 10 game. 

Please scream this at Iowa fans.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

In the 20th century, Friday before the 0u game was the biggest night of the year in Dallas.   ESPN and Fox combined to kill that tradition in 21st century, with Fox adding the insult of using the Big Noon brand for an 11am local kick.

Welcome to the party, pal.

I thought both schools plus the fair preferred having that game early.  Have the schools or ESPN said what time it will kickoff after you join the SEC?