Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

3 hours ago, statsman said:

So, you think The University of Texas and OU have no agency anymore, with respect to conference actions? Can the Big XII decide that UT and OU only play road games? Can it decide that all their home basketball games will be on weeknights? 
I think the schools have more leverage here than you think. There is something called sovereign immunity.

UT wants to play ball and get along. 
UT doesn’t want to be taken for a ride (example- UH would love to hoot and holler over Texas being forced to give them a game. That will piss Texas off to no end). 
UT has a shit ton of lawyers. 

BigXII better be careful. 

No, all I'm saying is that they agreed to the terms in the contract(s) so they are legally bound to what they agreed to and according to the terms of the contract there is no way the Big XII could legally force OU and UT to play only road games.  As long as the conference keeps its end of the contract, they aren't skating on thin ice. 

Edited by FartingDreamer

So, you think The University of Texas and OU have no agency anymore, with respect to conference actions? Can the Big XII decide that UT and OU only play road games? Can it decide that all their home basketball games will be on weeknights? 
I think the schools have more leverage here than you think. There is something called sovereign immunity.

UT doesn’t want to be taken for a ride (example- UH would love to hoot and holler over Texas being forced to give them a game. That will piss Texas off to no end). 

They can have all the lawyers in the world and it wouldn't matter, as long as the Big XII abides by the terms of the contract.  How is UT/OU being taken for a ride by not being released early from their contract/GOR?  What incentive does the XII have in releasing OU/UT early from their binding agreements?  Not trying to be a dick or anything.  

Edited by FartingDreamer

1 hour ago, FartingDreamer said:

They can have all the lawyers in the world and it wouldn't matter, as long as the Big XII abides by the terms of the contract.  How is UT/OU being taken for a ride by not being released early from their contract/GOR?  What incentive does the XII have in releasing OU/UT early from their binding agreements?  Not trying to be a dick or anything.  

The Big 12 has none, yet.   The Texas and Oklahoma games are built into their media contract and their main partners, Fox and ESPN, want them.   They alternate picking games, so Fox has a vested interest in the status quo.   ESPN wants them the moment they get T1 rights to the SEC.  

Unless one of those media partners makes them an offer they can't refuse, they run out the clock and earn 4 shares of yearly revenue to ease the parting blow.

This is where I think the Big 12 has the edge over the Pac 12, if they can use it.   Fox wants to consolidate; ESPN wants Texas and Oklahoma against Alabama and Georgia in 2024 to help pay for their investment.  ESPN also lost a metric fuckton of content if the Big Ten rumors are true.

If Fox doesn't want to pay for Oregon and Washington in the Big Ten, move them and some friends to the Big 12 for more than now but less than B1G/SEC; Fox bids out the T1 games to shoulder the Big Noon, ESPN gets the T2 content to shoulder the SEC games and provide afterdark (perhaps with OOC made for TV match ups between), and the T3 games someone creates a linear channel with surplus of inventory.

Harder to do that with the Pac 12 because all the parties move faster, with less damage for leaving, and the real battle is going to amp up after the Big Ten deal is done here soon.

If ND moves, it could happen very fast.

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Regardless of legislation and exemptions, the folks running the coastal schools, with the exception of maybe Stanford, regard Texas and Florida as the great Satan, and would not be in a conference with Baylor or schools in Texas. XII needs to just grab the four corners and move on.

I was in Palo Alto recently. Texas and Florida are definitely considered part of the great satan. 

Honest question wrt Notre Dame. Why does anyone unaffiliated with them give a shit what they think? I understand that ND draws eyeballs/drives revenue and the B1G/ACC have dreams of bringing them into the fold at some point, but why would the SEC/Big12/PAC12/G5 be ok with them having such an oversized voice in the direction and future of CFB?

I once read here that ND is pretty much the only school that, when talking, Texas shuts the fuck up and listens. For the life of me I can’t comprehend why. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, statsman said:

I'm sure Kirby Hocutt is shaking in his boots because of an internet attorney posting on Surlyhorns .  The Big 12 probably hasn't even considered hiring an attorney, much less an group of accomplished ones

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2022 at 5:44 PM, Hurtlocker said:

Yeah, the moment the announcement of the move was made all voting rights were negated.    It was added after realignment on the basis that you can't say you're leaving and have a vote on how it is run.

I believe that TX and OU still have voting rights in the Big12, even on the new members thing.  We just didn't have the votes to block it so why even bother?  If you read the wording of when a school loses their votes its on formal notification of leaving, which IIRC is 18 months written notice.  Assuming a negotiated settlement doesn't show up first, we'll put in written notification of leaving for summer of 2025 in winter of 2023.  Until then, everyone knows the score publicly, but the reason UT and OU spokespeople have been very careful to talk about "remaining a member of the Big12" and "we're fulfilling our obligations as a Big12 member" is  so not to provide lawsuit fodder in the other direction.

On the sovereign immunity thing, can anyone cite any case regarding conference affiliation where any state institution relied on sovereign immunity to break a GoR unilaterally and without consequence? This seems like the message board realignment Macguffin, the magical answer that will solve all our problems forever!  Except if it's so all powerful and wonderful, why hasn't it been used already?  Why does literally nobody outside of message board randoms talk about it?

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

I believe that TX and OU still have voting rights in the Big12, even on the new members thing.  We just didn't have the votes to block it so why even bother?  If you read the wording of when a school loses their votes its on formal notification of leaving, which IIRC is 18 months written notice.  Assuming a negotiated settlement doesn't show up first, we'll put in written notification of leaving for summer of 2025 in winter of 2023.  Until then, everyone knows the score publicly, but the reason UT and OU spokespeople have been very careful to talk about "remaining a member of the Big12" and "we're fulfilling our obligations as a Big12 member" is  so not to provide lawsuit fodder in the other direction.

On the sovereign immunity thing, can anyone cite any case regarding conference affiliation where any state institution relied on sovereign immunity to break a GoR unilaterally and without consequence? This seems like the message board realignment Macguffin, the magical answer that will solve all our problems forever!  Except if it's so all powerful and wonderful, why hasn't it been used already?  Why does literally nobody outside of message board randoms talk about it?

I believe this is correct.  The only notification we've given the BIG12 is that we will not be renewing the GOR.  We have not formally notified them of withdrawal so we have not forfeited any rights yet.  I know we also accepted an SEC invite, but again, that isn't the same as formal notification to the BIG12 of withdrawal.  Yes, everyone knows our intentions and what is going to happen, but the formalities in all of this matter.

Edited by nunna yo bizness

3 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

The sovereign is not immune to another sovereign.  In fact the Supreme Court can hear the case. 

4 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

bylaws.pdf (big12sports.com)

See Section 3.5.   

3.5 Effect of Withdrawal. The term of office of any Director representing a Withdrawing Member shall automatically expire and such Director shall no longer be a Director of the Conference effective as of the Notice Date and such Withdrawing Member shall not be entitled to have a Director representative on the Board of Directors during the Interim Period or thereafter. During the Interim Period and thereafter: (i) the number of Directors shall automatically be reduced by the number of Withdrawing Members and the calculation of the Disinterested Directors Entitled to Vote, the Majority of Disinterested Directors, and the Supermajority of Disinterested Directors shall exclude for all purposes the position on the Board of Directors previously represented by the Withdrawing Member(s); and (ii) neither the Director representing any Withdrawing Member nor such Member’s representatives on any Advisory Committee (as defined in the Rules) shall be entitled to attend any meeting of, vote on any matter before, notice 16 of any meeting of, or copies of materials distributed to, the Board of Directors or any Advisory Committee.

I think you're confusing effective date with notice date.   Effective date is so you can't cut out within the middle of a media year (July to June), notice date is the date, well, word got out.   Each school has a voting director and that director ship is vacated on notice.

Sports boards and contract law shouldn't mix, because any contract can be renegotiated.  However, Sovereign Immunity seems to be a Macguffin in regard to realignment.   It isn't like claiming Diplomatic Immunity as a South African gunning down half of Los Angeles.  Texas governmental entities, e.g. public universities, are still bound by the contracts they sign.   They're just shielded from lawsuits where they are not found breach of contract.   If a contract you sign has no validity, then a lot of things start to go bad.   What banks would fund a major stadium expansion if anyone could break the deal at any time without repercussion?  The credit rating for those bonds would be junk, at best.

I've seen GoR's used extensively in the entertainment field (Artists, Production studios, etc) and I've never come across one tossed out or broken.   Ever heard those stories where an artist had 5 more albums to make for a certain record company before they could get out from under the thumb of the man?   Yeah, those are because of grant of rights.   They are, however, negotiated and sold, frequently - by the holder of said rights.   The reason Sony keeps making bad spiderman movies, is because their agreement on the right to Spiderman requires them to keep churning out movies on a set schedule or the rights flow back to Marvel.  Speaking of Marvel, the reason the Hulk has only been a cross over character in all the major MCU movies is because of restrictive rights on the character's use and Marvel didn't get those rights that were granted back until recently.  These GoRs are basically how all creative works get monetized, it is not just a college football thing.

1 hour ago, Hurtlocker said:

See Section 3.5.   

I think you're confusing effective date with notice date.   Effective date is so you can't cut out within the middle of a media year (July to June), notice date is the date, well, word got out.   Each school has a voting director and that director ship is vacated on notice.

Sports boards and contract law shouldn't mix, because any contract can be renegotiated.  However, Sovereign Immunity seems to be a Macguffin in regard to realignment.   It isn't like claiming Diplomatic Immunity as a South African gunning down half of Los Angeles.  Texas governmental entities, e.g. public universities, are still bound by the contracts they sign.   They're just shielded from lawsuits where they are not found breach of contract.   If a contract you sign has no validity, then a lot of things start to go bad.   What banks would fund a major stadium expansion if anyone could break the deal at any time without repercussion?  The credit rating for those bonds would be junk, at best.

I've seen GoR's used extensively in the entertainment field (Artists, Production studios, etc) and I've never come across one tossed out or broken.   Ever heard those stories where an artist had 5 more albums to make for a certain record company before they could get out from under the thumb of the man?   Yeah, those are because of grant of rights.   They are, however, negotiated and sold, frequently - by the holder of said rights.   The reason Sony keeps making bad spiderman movies, is because their agreement on the right to Spiderman requires them to keep churning out movies on a set schedule or the rights flow back to Marvel.  Speaking of Marvel, the reason the Hulk has only been a cross over character in all the major MCU movies is because of restrictive rights on the character's use and Marvel didn't get those rights that were granted back until recently.  These GoRs are basically how all creative works get monetized, it is not just a college football thing.

No, it isn't.  There has to be a formal notification process for intent of withdrawal, and that hasn't happened yet.

All GoR talk aside, this is the timing issue that concerns me. The Big XII expands next season (2023-2024). Will Texas be out by then? Texas is ready to pay what it owes and won’t raise a fuss. That said- there is a reason we have t played UH since 2000. 
My hope is that we’re not asked by the conference to host them or visit them in 2023 or (if it comes to it) 2024. I know that there are some at UH that would love to flex on UT, given any chance (the UT administration’s goal is always to just move on without drama or entanglement in UH carrying ons). 
That said, we’re not Aggies. If we have to play them, here or there, I’m sure we will, without histrionics. If we’re forceD to pay through the nose, I’m sure we will, without histrionics. It’s just that all others involved will be dead to us for a long, long time. 

2 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:

notice date is the date, well, word got out.

47 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

No, it isn't.  There has to be a formal notification process for intent of withdrawal, and that hasn't happened yet.

7 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

The only notification we've given the BIG12 is that we will not be renewing the GOR.  We have not formally notified them of withdrawal so we have not forfeited any rights yet.  I know we also accepted an SEC invite, but again, that isn't the same as formal notification to the BIG12 of withdrawal.  Yes, everyone knows our intentions and what is going to happen, but the formalities in all of this matter.

Section 3.3   Notice Date and Interim Period. The “Notice Date” of the Withdrawal shall be the date of the occurrence of the event that causes the Withdrawal under Section 3.2.

Section 3.2   Withdrawing Member. A Member: (i) may Withdraw if it gives notice of the intent to Withdraw from the Conference; or (ii) shall be deemed to have Withdrawn if a Supermajority of Disinterested Directors by affirmative vote determines that such Member: (A) makes statements or takes actions that are determined by a Supermajority of Disinterested Directors to evidence the intent of such Member to withdraw from the Conference either currently or in the future . . . (C) if a third party offers to, or attempts to induce a Member to, leave the Conference, and the Member does not immediately and unconditionally reject that offer.

@nunna yo bizness is correct in that UT has not given formal notice of intent to Withdraw, so UT has not directly Withdrawn under Section 3.2(i).

So, we are in the Section 3.2(ii) universe. @Hurtlocker gets halfway there. UT has obviously taken actions covered in (ii)(A) and (ii)(C), but for a Withdrawal to be deemed to have occurred under (ii), the Board must have held a formal vote making that determination. The "word getting out" is not enough.

We don't know whether that sort of vote actually happened. But if it did, the date of the vote would be have been the "Notice Date."

2 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:

Sports boards and contract law shouldn't mix

But what if you're a bad-tempered, unfriendly corporate lawyer that loves UT football and discussing it with other like-minded assholes? I got nowhere else to go!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I loved how UT conducted themselves when the SEC move was leaked. Eltife/Hartzell/CDC did it in absolute secrecy with OU. This was a huge accomplishment considering the politics of the move. Aggy leaking the story and then publicly shitting themselves was a nice bonus. 

But the plan to leave the Big 12 has disappointed me. Extremely passive. For years we've read over and over again that UT's attorneys would crush the GOR in 5 minutes. But here we are in Year 2 without any semblance of an exit date. Remember those regarded aggys got out in 12 months. 

We assume Texas won't play U of H in their joke of a stadium. We assume that no Manning will ever play outside of the SEC. Better hurry up and do something about it. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I loved how UT conducted themselves when the SEC move was leaked. Eltife/Hartzell/CDC did it in absolute secrecy with OU. This was a huge accomplishment considering the politics of the move. Aggy leaking the story and then publicly shitting themselves was a nice bonus. 

But the plan to leave the Big 12 has disappointed me. Extremely passive. For years we've read over and over again that UT's attorneys would crush the GOR in 5 minutes. But here we are in Year 2 without any semblance of an exit date. Remember those regarded aggys got out in 12 months. 

We assume Texas won't play U of H in their joke of a stadium. We assume that no Manning will ever play outside of the SEC. Better hurry up and do something about it. 

Do you see lawyers as magicians that can make grants of rights disappear?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Section 3.3   Notice Date and Interim Period. The “Notice Date” of the Withdrawal shall be the date of the occurrence of the event that causes the Withdrawal under Section 3.2.

Section 3.2   Withdrawing Member. A Member: (i) may Withdraw if it gives notice of the intent to Withdraw from the Conference; or (ii) shall be deemed to have Withdrawn if a Supermajority of Disinterested Directors by affirmative vote determines that such Member: (A) makes statements or takes actions that are determined by a Supermajority of Disinterested Directors to evidence the intent of such Member to withdraw from the Conference either currently or in the future . . . (C) if a third party offers to, or attempts to induce a Member to, leave the Conference, and the Member does not immediately and unconditionally reject that offer.

@nunna yo bizness is correct in that UT has not given formal notice of intent to Withdraw, so UT has not directly Withdrawn under Section 3.2(i).

So, we are in the Section 3.2(ii) universe. @Hurtlocker gets halfway there. UT has obviously taken actions covered in (ii)(A) and (ii)(C), but for a Withdrawal to be deemed to have occurred under (ii), the Board must have held a formal vote making that determination. The "word getting out" is not enough.

We don't know whether that sort of vote actually happened. But if it did, the date of the vote would be have been the "Notice Date."

"The University of Texas at Austin and The University of Oklahoma notified the Big 12 Athletic Conference today that they will not be renewing their grants of media rights following expiration in 2025. Providing notice to the Big 12 at this point is important in advance of the expiration of the conference's current media rights agreement. The universities intend to honor their existing grant of rights agreements. However, both universities will continue to monitor the rapidly evolving collegiate athletics landscape as they consider how best to position their athletics programs for the future." 

Joint statement in a release July 27th last year, the SEC invitation was announced two days later.     My point was more the difference between notice date and effective date and I agree with you that we don't technically know the exact date of notice, but I would imagine by the language in those reseases that the rest of the Big 12, which constitutes a super majority with 8, wasn't needing something printed on scented paper to arrive.     It wouldn't take much effort to initiate "thanks for letting me know you're leaving, you can't tell me who to date any longer"

23 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

But what if you're a bad-tempered, unfriendly corporate lawyer that loves UT football and discussing it with other like-minded assholes? I got nowhere else to go!

This made my day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:

See Section 3.5.   

If there is not a formal notice, the conference still has to vote on when effective withdrawal occurred.  I don't think that has happened.  So there has been no formal determination that UT and OU's votes don't count.  Both sides are probably avoiding making that an issue by UT and OU just staying out of future conference issues.

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

We’re where ESPN wants us, for now. CBS is the sticking point, which is up soon. 

If ESPN is trying to buy out the rest of that CBS deal, what’s that say? They want us to move yesterday, but they absolutely don’t want CBS to have access to UT content at the current CBS rate. Of course CBS wouldn’t up the rate for UT/OU, so here we are.

The money to leave is there, and has been. So what else could be holding it up? 

First it was big12 won’t faithfully negotiate, then it was new commish might.

Maybe to some extent, but not the big sticking point. Exiting is like being a pawn at the moment during business chess.

Does it suck? Fuck yes.

ESPN has the leverage over the b12, but they also won’t just allow CBS to have access to UT/OU for the fractions of pennies CBS is currently paying.

CBS tells SEC no increase if they join during CBS contract, so here we are.

If ESPN is willing to buy it out from CBS early, as has been reported recently, then you know they’re trying their best to get shit rolling for next year.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

For years we've read over and over again that UT's attorneys would crush the GOR in 5 minutes. But here we are in Year 2 without any semblance of an exit date. Remember those regarded aggys got out in 12 months. 

1) But you've only read that over and over again from a bunch of random internet posters who are just talking out of their ass

2) GOR/ penalties got ramped up after aggy left so it's a new world now 

I imagine, at some point, they knew they had to tell them. Tell them too soon, and they screw the whole deal up. Tell them too late, and they are even more pissed off. What we saw from the Ags was, arguably, their best behavior. 
Their hissy fit stopped nothing but caused a lot of people a lot of trouble. This was the best we could hope for. 

I imagine, at some point, they knew they had to tell them. Tell them too soon, and they screw the whole deal up. Tell them too late, and they are even more pissed off. What we saw from the Ags was, arguably, their best behavior. 
Their hissy fit stopped nothing but caused a lot of people a lot of trouble. This was the best we could hope for. 

I still contend the move was about negating a recruiting advantage the SEC had picked up in Texas.    It will be interesting to see how pissed off they'll be a decade from now, after a falling into the familiar 8-win ceiling with nothing unique to sell but a brand of crazy that has worn thin on the rest of the conference.

20 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So we’re screwed unless TV changes their mind. Cool, cool. 

That’s what I call leadership at the flagship university in the second largest state in the US. 

Yes, long established legal precedent of leadership being able to void legal contracts, how have we not taken this course of action.

17 hours ago, statsman said:

Their hissy fit stopped nothing but caused a lot of people a lot of trouble.

The aggie hissy fit was a financial hit to everyone in the SEC.

SEC member won't accept the move to 9 conference games until the playoff is expanded.

The vote to expand the playoffs would have been successful if aggie had stayed quiet...but they had to bitch & cry. The playoff was kept at 4.

IF the SEC had gone to 9 conference games, that means more valuable content for the networks and an even better TV deal. Now, that won't happen. 

Everyone in the SEC makes less money because of Texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

The aggie hissy fit was a financial hit to everyone in the SEC.

SEC member won't accept the move to 9 conference games until the playoff is expanded.

The vote to expand the playoffs would have been successful if aggie had stayed quiet...but they had to bitch & cry. The playoff was kept at 4.

IF the SEC had gone to 9 conference games, that means more valuable content for the networks and an even better TV deal. Now, that won't happen. 

Everyone in the SEC makes less money because of Texas A&M.

They hate us more than than they love themselves. This will never change. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

Yes, long established legal precedent of leadership being able to void legal contracts, how have we not taken this course of action.

Perhaps part of the issue is that Mobilehoma is part of this deal and maybe they didn't have the legal horsepower, couldn't afford the buyout or wasn't in a position to leave early (for whatever reason?)

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Loose Stool said:

Perhaps part of the issue is that Mobilehoma is part of this deal and maybe they didn't have the legal horsepower, couldn't afford the buyout or wasn't in a position to leave early (for whatever reason?)

At a point spending hundreds of millions of dollars to get an extra year or two in the SEC doesn’t make economic sense.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/3/2022 at 9:06 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://theathletic.com/3468035/2022/08/02/college-football-realignment/

“Once it becomes really well known, the politicians get involved. That’s the problem,” says R. Bowen Loftin, the former president at Texas A&M and Missouri. “Look at California right now. That’s not surprising. And I’m not surprised they wanted to keep it quiet, because they wanted a fait accompli in place before they actually had to let (Gov. Newsom) know about it. And of course he’s mad about it. And I understand that, too.”

Loftin experienced it firsthand. Texas A&M was first interested in joining the SEC in the summer of 2010, but then-Texas Gov. Rick Perry “shut it down with one phone call,” as Loftin puts it. This was also during the Pac-10’s attempt to raid the Big 12 and form a super conference, a process that played out over various media reports and eventually failed.

Anytime Loftin discussed expansion with the athletic department, it seemed to show up on a Texas fan site. There was a leak in the athletic department, he presumed. So the next year, as he quietly kept talking with the SEC, he kept the circle of knowledge tight, even excluding his athletic director in many conversations.

“Much to his anger,” Loftin said.

Behind the scenes, Loftin spoke every morning with then-SEC commissioner Mike Slive, as the two laid the groundwork and waited for the right time. By late summer of 2011, public support had swung toward leaving the Big 12 and the shadow of the Longhorns. Loftin was greeted at an event with chants of “S-E-C, S-E-C!” So while the process wasn’t completely private, it was at least less tumultuous, and this time the governor didn’t shut it down.

i've had this window open for awhile and been meaning to get to this.  @aggypedia please take note.  the above article was posted here in realignment, will X-post it to the main aggy thread.

in this interview, bowtie fucks up massively and puts paid for all time the aggy revisionist bullshit that they left because of the LHN.  they were bleating about "standing offers to go to the sec" 3 years earlier starting in the summer of 2007, but here in print in a nationally recognized and respected magazine is the proof that aggy can shove it and go to hell with their bullshit that they left because of the LHN which was ANNOUNCED TO THE WORLD for the very first time anyone other than Belmont or Bristol were made aware of it's existence in this article dated 19 Jan 2011:

https://www.espn.com/espn/news/story?id=6037857

in the current atlantic article, bowtie confirms they were trying to leave in the summer of 2010.

so fuck aggy.  memorize the dates.  memorize the quotes.  memorize the sources.   break their brains whenever possible.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i've had this window open for awhile and been meaning to get to this.  @aggypedia please take note.  the above article was posted here in realignment, will X-post it to the main aggy thread.

in this interview, bowtie fucks up massively and puts paid for all time the aggy revisionist bullshit that they left because of the LHN.  they were bleating about "standing offers to go to the sec" 3 years earlier starting in the summer of 2007, but here in print in a nationally recognized and respected magazine is the proof that aggy can shove it and go to hell with their bullshit that they left because of the LHN which was ANNOUNCED TO THE WORLD for the very first time anyone other than Belmont or Bristol were made aware of it's existence in this article dated 19 Jan 2011:

https://www.espn.com/espn/news/story?id=6037857

in the current atlantic article, bowtie confirms they were trying to leave in the summer of 2010.

so fuck aggy.  memorize the dates.  memorize the quotes.  memorize the sources.   break their brains whenever possible.

Loftin said the same thing a year after the move in an article in the aggy student paper.  He said he decided to wait for the right time after he couldn't do it in 2010.  And the reason he did it was for branding.  When they did surveys outside the state of Texas, nobody saw any difference between aggy, sand aggy and 3rd ward aggy.

He also said he told the other presidents in 2010 that he was committed to the Big 12 "as it existed."  In his mind, that meant with Nebraska and Colorado, even though everyone was talking about the Big 12 w/o Nebraska and Colorado.  That way he could say he wasn't lying when he said it!!!!  aggys are SOOO pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, Loose Stool said:

That’s BS.  OU was every bit as buttoned up as UT legally.  And it has since come out OU has the funds to leave.  The problem has always been your snot faced little brother down there.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That’s BS.  OU was every bit as buttoned up as UT legally.  And it has since come out OU has the funds to leave.  The problem has always been your snot faced little brother down there.  

It's going to be so much fun, getting back to beating the shit out of them on the field every year.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/13/2022 at 5:59 AM, Hurtlocker said:

The reason Sony keeps making bad spiderman movies, is because their agreement on the right to Spiderman requires them to keep churning out movies on a set schedule or the rights flow back to Marvel.  Speaking of Marvel, the reason the Hulk has only been a cross over character in all the major MCU movies is because of restrictive rights on the character's use and Marvel didn't get those rights that were granted back until recently.  These GoRs are basically how all creative works get monetized, it is not just a college football thing.

Correct on Sony, incorrect on Hulk.

Marvel owns Hulk 100%. In the early days of the MCU it had distribution partners like Paramount and Universal for its films.  They bought back all the rights from Paramount but didn’t think it was worth buying back Hulk from Universal.

Disney can make as many Hulk movies as they want, Universal simply has the first right of refusal to distribute any film (not TV).  Seeing how Disney owns both production and distribution it would be easy to make the deal extremely unattractive for Universal which will allow them to distribute.

4 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Correct on Sony, incorrect on Hulk.

Marvel owns Hulk 100%. In the early days of the MCU it had distribution partners like Paramount and Universal for its films.  They bought back all the rights from Paramount but didn’t think it was worth buying back Hulk from Universal.

Disney can make as many Hulk movies as they want, Universal simply has the first right of refusal to distribute any film (not TV).  Seeing how Disney owns both production and distribution it would be easy to make the deal extremely unattractive for Universal which will allow them to distribute.

That's still a GoR.

44 minutes ago, utee94 said:

It's going to be so much fun, getting back to beating the shit out of them on the field every year.

I’ve never really hated them but that’s definitely changed.  They need more 77-0 action.  Fuckers are living in some alternate reality and it’s really affecting others.  When they’re busy fucking themselves over its a lot less annoying.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Anybody that cares or has a clue knows how fucking yellow that crew is

There's a whole generation of Longhorn fans now, that doesn't know the joy of hollering "Poooooooooorrrr Aaaggggiiiieeeeeeeeeeess."  But they will learn, oh yes, they will learn.

• Hook 'Em 3