Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

55 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:

Since we're too fucking smug collectively, I certainly won't start the chant... But I'm damn excited/scared for the SEC!!!! 

Yea those fucking chants! Students did them at the OU game this past year. People have to understand We're Texas and they are the SEC and we are there to benefit from playing in that league and not to find an identity.

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean clearly they were in the same hemisphere since we failed to beat them generally in either football or Men's Basketball.

Are we A&M now? Pretending we are superior to schools we lose to? If we are better then why aren't we better? 

Anyway hopefully we take these last few Big 12 titles on the way out.

For many of those years there was only one school we were losing to and they are coming with us.

Yeah, that makes sense, I guess.  But I certainly hope that whole $20 million isn't coming from Texas and OU alone.  We're not the only ones benefitting from this.

Whatever.  Glad it's done in time for the new playoff format.  And let's win the last Big 12 title on our way out the door.

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Happy about all of this, but can someone explain why UT and ou don't receive full SEC share the first year in the league?  The fuck does that have to do with paying off the Big 12?

I think it has to do with the fact that the new TV contract has not fully kicked in yet or the dumb fucks in the SEC SEC SEC like aggy have already spent their full share for next year and will have to borrow more from academics if they do not get the full share

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Happy about all of this, but can someone explain why UT and ou don't receive full SEC share the first year in the league?  The fuck does that have to do with paying off the Big 12?

It’s because we need to split up the 50 million into two years to avoid getting no money this year. Some of it will be withheld from the Big 12 payment for 2013 and the rest from the SEC payment in 2014. 40 million or that will go to the 8 leftovers and 10 million to fox. We should make up the lost money by 2016 or 2017 from the increased payment in the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

It’s because we need to split up the 50 million into two years to avoid getting no money this year. Some of it will be withheld from the Big 12 payment for 2013 and the rest from the SEC payment in 2014. 40 million or that will go to the 8 leftovers and 10 million to fox. We should make up the lost money by 2016 or 2017 from the increased payment in the SEC. 

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 2/8/2023 at 2:17 PM, Josef Pwag said:

Your program has never done anything that matters in the history of college football. So someone was luckier than you? So what. Until you earn it on your own, please, stop bitching. Shut up until you win a national title.

you are new here,, or you are a trolling sock, don't know, but either way, al4isu is good people, a long-time denizen of this board and it's precursors, he deserves better than your tone, and klan aggy, vandy, purdue and northwestern are lucky to have a seat at the table in the top 2 conferences when iSu and a dozen other schools of equal football merit do not have said seat.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Cuernavaca said:

So 2024 vs. aggy in Austin right? 

aggy is going to fight tooth and nail to keep LSU as one of their rivals and obviously Texas would be their other big one.

LSU is hosting aggy this year, so in 2024 LSU would play at Kyle field. No way they host both Texas and LSU one year and then host neither the next year. Either aggy will have to play 2 games in Death Valley in 23 & 24 (which I doubt they’d like to do) or they’ll have to play us in Austin first.

Texas will have aggy and Arkansas as our rivals (plus OU at Dallas) so similar to the above we won’t host them both in the same year so we’ll have to play one at home and one away in 24.

Also now with Texas playing AT Michigan in 2024, our home OOC schedule will suck in 24&25 and the SEC (who will be getting more money from ESPN when we join) will help us off set that. I predict we’ll get a front loaded home schedule in 24-25 (with aggy in 24), and then have a slightly ‘lesser’ home schedule 26-27 when we have a better OOC game lined up. The only thing we have to play first is at LSU to give them that make up game that got canceled due to COVID.

I see our SEC schedule (without OU) looking something like this:

24- UGA, Aub, Mizzou, aggy, @Ark, @LSU, @UK, @MSU

25- Bama, Tenn, SC, Ark, @aggy, @UF, @Ole Miss, @Vandy

26- LSU, MSU, UK, aggy, @Ark, @UGA, @Aub, @Mizzou

27- UF, Ole Miss, Vandy, Ark, @aggy, @Bama, @Tenn, @SC

Any way you slice it, this is way better than any Big 12 home schedule we’d get.

• Hook 'Em 2

So $10 million each to the old Big 12 South schools + TCU, and $10 million to Fox. I hate giving money to private schools and a bullshit TV network, but yes, it’s with it. 

And best of all, Coug High gets jack shit to pay down their juice loans on their football facilities. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean clearly they were in the same hemisphere since we failed to beat them generally in either football or Men's Basketball.

Are we A&M now? Pretending we are superior to schools we lose to? If we are better then why aren't we better? 

Anyway hopefully we take these last few Big 12 titles on the way out.

Because Bellmont wasn't committed to WINNING, that's why we haven't been better.

On 2/8/2023 at 5:47 PM, FartingDreamer said:

Not when it comes to 1984.

the vote was close enough to speculate about first presidency payouts to 9 key voters that swung the polls

why would the church corporation need to stoop to such lows?

in order to be ordained (pun intended) champion with both the writers and coaches, you had to win all your games, which you did, while also overcoming the following:

- you beat 1 ranked team, preseason #3 pitt

- after you opened at pitt, winning 20-14, pitt lost their first 4 and started 1-7-1 before finishing 3-7-1

- the next week, in the same stadium, 0u destroyed pitt, 42-10

- you beat pitt by 6; 0u beat pitt by 32 - this is important - we'll come back to 0u later

- no one in your conference finished with fewer than 4 losses - there's all kinds of comedy gold in your conference foes' out-of-conference results, but let's keep moving

- you remain the only team in history to 'win' a title and play your last game that season in december

- in that last game, you defeated 6-5 unranked michigan, the worst record ever held by a team that lost to the 'national champion' in the 'national champion's' last game that year

- 7 teams declined Holiday Bowl invitations to play you

- 1 of those teams was 0u

- many thought 1-loss oregon should have been crowned; the 10-1 ducks beat 9-1-1 0u by 2 scores, 28-17

- does the transitive property matter?  barry switzer's shit-eating-grin during the 2008 bcs selection show answers your question

+++

aggy would gladly put that title on the wall at pyle.   so there you have it.

you've bested aggy.

abracadabra.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Smells like the "rookies carry the bags" BS that no one else in the SEC had to do..... piggy, aggy, misery.

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

That is a shitload of money to piss away. I hope this one extra year in the SEC is worth it.

Anyway glad we finally have a definite end date.

You’ve had some hawt takes on the last few pages. This might be the best one, though. It shows that you don’t understand what the cost scenario looked like on paper and also hints at your undying love for the Big 12 conference. You then fully confirmed said love when you lamented in your next post all of those losses to Big 12 opponents for apparently 30 years. Strong work, and we’ve come to expect it from you. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, 936horn said:

Miss the Big 12? Lmao fuck the Big 12, it’s shitty refs, and all the second rate schools and programs that thought they were even in the same hemisphere as us the last 30-odd years. 

Agreed. HUGE MIDDLE FINGER TO THE OFFICIATING! Fuck y'all and good riddance. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Longboard Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Agreed. HUGE MIDDLE FINGER TO THE OFFICIATING! Fuck y'all and good riddance. 

giphy.gif

Officials  are going to screw us bad this season.   There will be some Okie State 2015/2022  like crap I’m certain in at least one game. Especially if it’s a game where we find ourselves on a roll and real possibility to make the Big 12 title game.   

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

11 hours ago, DCLonghorn said:

I will miss the Big 12. I will miss the Big 8 teams. BYU will be the team to beat in the Big 12. Thanks to all those non-Longhorns who have been in this chat for YEARS and taken illogical Longhorn hubris and assholery.

Here's hoping we do better in the SEC/NFL B League than we did in the Big 12... 3 out of 27!!!

Maybe James Brown can be QB1 for the 2024 season.

Since we're too fucking smug collectively, I certainly won't start the chant... But I'm damn excited/scared for the SEC!!!! 

Is my sarcasm meter broken?

10 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

That is a shitload of money to piss away. I hope this one extra year in the SEC is worth it.

Anyway glad we finally have a definite end date.

I’ve never really understood this line of thinking. It’s not your money. The athletic department is one of the richest in the country and isn’t hurting for money. How is it “pissing away” money and why wouldn’t it be worth it? I could understand if Texas had the athletic/school budget of a Kansas State or a New Mexico. 

This doesn’t sound like we kissed away money rather it sounds like we made a business decision, two totally different things. The University isn’t being reckless here.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Pancho said:

I’ve never really understood this line of thinking. It’s not your money. The athletic department is one of the richest in the country and isn’t hurting for money. How is it “pissing away” money and why wouldn’t it be worth it? I could understand if Texas had the athletic/school budget of a Kansas State or a New Mexico. 

This doesn’t sound like we kissed away money rather it sounds like we made a business decision, two totally different things. The University isn’t being reckless here.

And it’s not like Texas could’ve walked away without paying anything even in 2025, right?

I haven’t followed the numbers super closely because no one was going to ask for my advice, but it’s my understanding that this amount is lower than the contractual amount owed in 2025. Obviously, that was subject to negotiation, as well, but still.

If I have the numbers wrong, I’m hopeful someone can post or link to them. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Officials  are going to screw us bad this season.   There will be some Okie State 2015/2022  like crap I’m certain in at least one game. Especially if it’s a game where we find ourselves on a roll and real possibility to make the Big 12 title game.   

That's why we pay them off. We literally have the money to buy ourselves a conference title. 

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the vote was close enough to speculate about first presidency payouts to 9 key voters that swung the polls

why would the church corporation need to stoop to such lows?

in order to be ordained (pun intended) champion with both the writers and coaches, you had to win all your games, which you did, while also overcoming the following:

- you beat 1 ranked team, preseason #3 pitt

- after you opened at pitt, winning 20-14, pitt lost their first 4 and started 1-7-1 before finishing 3-7-1

- the next week, in the same stadium, 0u destroyed pitt, 42-10

- you beat pitt by 6; 0u beat pitt by 32 - this is important - we'll come back to 0u later

- no one in your conference finished with fewer than 4 losses - there's all kinds of comedy gold in your conference foes' out-of-conference results, but let's keep moving

- you remain the only team in history to 'win' a title and play your last game that season in december

- in that last game, you defeated 6-5 unranked michigan, the worst record ever held by a team that lost to the 'national champion' in the 'national champion's' last game that year

- 7 teams declined Holiday Bowl invitations to play you

- 1 of those teams was 0u

- many thought 1-loss oregon should have been crowned; the 10-1 ducks beat 9-1-1 0u by 2 scores, 28-17

- does the transitive property matter?  barry switzer's shit-eating-grin during the 2008 bcs selection show answers your question

+++

aggy would gladly put that title on the wall at pyle.   so there you have it.

you've bested aggy.

abracadabra.

Doesn't matter, still 1984 national champs.

• Hook 'Em 1