Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Just now, Penche Gringo said:

They don’t have the votes and the Governor is a Longhorn. Plus, Ann Richards and Bob Bullock ain’t  walking through that door anytime soon. 

Yeah. And this isn't 1995. The State has a lot more to occupy its time with than College Football. The days of that kind of provincial stuff, when the governor would be paying players for SMU, are passed.

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"There's this understanding among the membership -- at least it was 10 years ago -- that you don't admit a school from the same state as a member school unless that member school's OK with it," Loftin told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Let's not kid ourselves. When the SEC added aggy 10 years ago it was because they wanted UT. it's now paying off for the conference.

3 minutes ago, Penche Gringo said:

They don’t have the votes and the Governor is a Longhorn. Plus, Ann Richards and Bob Bullock ain’t  walking through that door anytime soon. 

I'm gonna neg the next dumb shit who thinks Ann Richards had FUCK ALL to do with Baylor going to the BXII. That rumor was called out as bullshit decades ago.

Bob Bullock

David Sibley

Pete Laney

Rob Junnell

That's all you need to know. Richards didn't give two shits about conference realignment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Ctj thinks he's an empty suit. He's in a huge minority. Most of us love CDC. Just look at Texas' basketball team. 

He thinks he made a mockery of all of his hires. I am not sure what he is comparing it to. Most of our hires since 1956 have been mockeries.

2 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

...and y'all thought the Big 12 sucks. KU to the B1G?

Seems like almost every school of any significance west of Austin. Not sure what more they could do besides creating some device to teleport Alabama to New Mexico someplace.

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'm gonna neg the next dumb shit who thinks Ann Richards had FUCK ALL to do with Baylor going to the BXII. That rumor was called out as bullshit decades ago.

Bob Bullock

David Sibley

Pete Laney

Rob Junnell

That's all you need to know. Richards didn't give two shits about conference realignment.

I stand corrected, jeez dude! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Eggo said:

Gentlemen's agreements tend to break down when hundreds of millions of dollars are in play.

39 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

A “gentleman‘s agreement” means that there is nothing in writing. Most gentleman would also know  that it doesn’t apply to anyone who was not a party to it at the time. 

The only aggy contract I've seen is jimbo's contract but that's enough to know that aggy has no understanding of how to write or interpret a contract. So it doesn't surprise me to see that they're now saying that language not in the SEC conference membership contract somehow takes precedence over language that's in the actual contract.

Contract: One-third of membership can veto new member.

Aggy: But I definitely remember all my new buddies telling me that I could veto Texas so that contractual clause doesn't apply, right?

SEC:

69fe4fdeb5fc51ea0baf3194c9975595.jpg&f=1

Edited by Chopper

27 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

"Bill Powers was very clear to me that they felt much more akin to the schools in the Big Ten and on the West Coast. He was very dismissive of the SEC because he felt academically it was an inferior conference. He's no longer around, I understand that. But the fit, culturally, of A&M and the SEC is very good. The fit of Texas is not. That's just plain and simple."

Maybe pausing and thinking for two seconds before talking would help....

• Haha 1

Can someone please educate me on why the cultural fit card is being played citing we will not be a good fit in the SEC?

It's not like our recruiting base exclusively comes from the wealthy zip codes in the Metroplex, Houston, or any others across the state.

And neither does our student body for that matter.     I get we have higher academics standards, etc., than a number of institutions in the SEC and it needs to stay there.   But we don't go around sipping wine and  eating cheese on crackers at our tailgates and other functions like they do somewhere like  a Stanford for crying out loud.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Nueces River Rat said:

Can someone please educate me on why the cultural fit card is being played citing we will not be a good fit in the SEC?

It's not like our recruiting base exclusively comes from the wealthy zip codes in the Metroplex, Houston, or any others across the state.

And neither does our student body for that matter.     I get we have higher academics standards, etc., than a number of institutions in the SEC and it needs to stay there.   But we don't go around sipping wine and  eating cheese on crackers at our tailgates and other functions like they do somewhere like  a Stanford for crying out loud.  

Because hoes are mad and also scared of what we would do in the SEC lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

So that begs the question, who is the ring leader of the BXII with Texas and OU out of the equation?

Iowa State? OSU? Kansas?

Nobody which is their problem! Bowlsby ought to be begging the SEC to take more than two teams.

1 minute ago, n64ra said:

Nobody which is their problem! Bowlsby ought to be begging the SEC to take more than two teams.

Why the hell would Bowlsby do that? You don't think he likes being the Big 12 commish?

Being 2nd in charge at the SEC doesn't pay as well.

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

So just to be clear, are we still calling him Crystal? Or is there a moratorium?

I have nothing against the guy, but I think the full name should be Crystal Cunty if we are going that route.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Interesting note from Gerry…

A3E6EB1D-EFBF-4C5F-A004-788E0961C6D3.jpeg

If this happens quickly one lame duck season will be more than enough. I don't expect to get a call all season in conference play, it's gonna be a free-for-all out there. 

Can you imagine how funny it would be if we made the conference championship game and played OU? The Big12 half heartedly hyping a game between the teams that killed it, basically paying for a showcase for another conference? Bowlsby gritting his teeth while (good willing) handing the trophy to Sark? It would be fucking incredible.  

• Like 1