Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What a dumbass. You should be. The American will wind up more relevant than you if you let it.

I'm not a lawyer, but this just sounds like trying to avoid implicating themselves in that word that's been tossed around here. "Interference" or whatever it is

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I don't disagree but think Tech out rates TCU.  Tons of tech grads here.   IF (and thats a big caveat) TV partners see real value in adding Central time zone kickoffs, I would think OSU and Tech are the first 2 calls.  That could guarantee a 11AM or Noon kickoff every week and it would help to some extent with the OKC/DFW (and a lesser extent Houston, still a bunch of Tech grads there).  TCU just doesn't do anything outside of Ft. Worth.  And despite the recent basketball championship I would still rate Baylor at the bottom of Texas schools from a valuation perspective.

The Dallas/TTU thing is a phenomenon of the last 15 years or so.  I'd say the TTU fanbase in Dallas is about the same size as the Aggie fanbase at this point - still behind Texas and OU, narrowly ahead of OSU, and no one else registers at a significant level.  

35 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Mandel is such a dumbass.  Yea I admit we've sucked the last decade at football, sucked fucking hard.  But does anybody believe that just continues in perpetuity forever and ever and ever?  You don't buy past results, you buy future value you dipshit.  And it's not like this is about the results on the field anyway it's about where the future of the business side of the sports, all sports is headed.

Fuck there is part of me that could see in the next 50 years sports not even being aligned by region/city/school anymore.  It will be by company or something stupid like online services.  Today Tom Brady III leads the Twitch Couch Slugs into action against the Google Alphabet Warriors.  Brady, the grandson of former New England Patriots legend Tom Brady had an impressive debut last week when he threw for 490 yards in the 4th quarter to come back and defeat the Amazon Cock Rockets

Or you could substitute Brady with say, Manning.  

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

What a dumbass. You should be. The American will wind up more relevant than you if you let it.

Once again, while he might be a dumbass this statement is not a reflection of that.  A conference reaching out to a team that is in an ongoing contractual relationship with another conference can be construed as tortious interference and brings about all sorts of potential legal problems if anybody is pissed enough to pursue them.  On the other hand if a team in a conference reaches out to another conference on its own accord....not a problem from that angle.  

It's exactly why he said what he said, it's exactly why regardless if it is true or not the narrative is "Texas and OU reached out to the SEC" etc.etc.etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Underrated subplot to all this is Nebraska.  There was a hope that they could come back to the Big 12 with Arky or somebody but now that died a quick death.  They're stuck in the Big 10 forever.  Suck it.

Actually I think the decision makers at Nebraska are looking at those that wanted to stay or come back and saying, you see we told you Texas would eventually screw the BIG XII and us along the way. We made the right move.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Guess we'll need to schedule a new out of conference opponent for 2022-23, since Bama will now be a conference game? Would be great to schedule Baylor or TTU, but I suppose that has little chance of happening 😄

I suppose if we're SEC that means Liberty or Texas Women's University or some such formidable foe...

Nah, lets just cruise down I35 and fuck up the Bobcats every year. 

Thought about it. What about playing one of the Service Academies (The real ones) on a rotation? I would love to go see us play Army. 

Edited by InkaUtexas

20 minutes ago, troph said:

I get why, but fuck this buddy buddy shit with OU. Let that end the moment we walk through the door.  I still hate those assholes. chitown talking about you buddy, crimson and cream dean wtf did that guy go? and any other okie fuckers. you can DIAGF.

ok now I feel better about the umm, "partnership" we made to leave.  carry on.

Yep, temporary partnership for the greater good. Like a one episode superhero/villian team up.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just pull a page from aggy's book and put Lamar on the schedule.

I have zero interest in playing the likes of Lamar. We are Texas. We don’t play Lamar or prairie view atm or anybody like that. I saw during the traditional patsy week in the SEC we schedule tOSU or USC or ND.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Dallas cares about 3 things: Texas Longhorns, OU, and the Dallas Cowboys. TCU or Tech do not rate here, at all. 

I’m going to disagree here. In my (probably more neutral) eyes the order is:

Cowboys……………………………………………………Texas…A&M…………….Tech…….OU….OkieSt…LSU.TCU.SMU.Baylor.Bama.Arky.Everyone else
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

The best thing about all this…even if you hate the sec, as I do, is the little camp fire of hope that aggy had built for himself

We all know what happens when aggy tries to build fires. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Neonmoon said:

TCU has good academics? What? TCU is for dumb rich kids that can afford to not go to Texas Tech. 

The only thing TCU brings you is baseball, and we don't even know if that will last without Schlossnagle. 

16 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

wtf. KState and ISU instead of TCU or Baylor? Those are big 10 schools all day. Maybe they think Tech secures the Texas market enough to not need TCU/baylor

You serious Clark?  TCU and Baylor are small schools and add nothing economically to any conference.  They should have never been in the Big12.  KSU and ISU are a stretch, especially KSU, but they're both miles better options than either of the private schools. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Guess we'll need to schedule a new out of conference opponent for 2022-23, since Bama will now be a conference game? Would be great to schedule Baylor or TTU, but I suppose that has little chance of happening 😄

Fuck Baylor.  I don't want to ever have anything to do with that school again.

I could handle a football or baseball game with Tech . . . or basketball.  LULZ.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Fuck Baylor.  I don't want to ever have anything to do with that school again.

I could handle a football or baseball game with Tech . . . or basketball.  LULZ.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF - JackNicholson Yes Nodding - Discover & Share GIFs  | Jack nicholson, Funny memes images, I love to laugh

Also OOC baseball series would be nice too (for Tech).

Fuck Baylor for everything.  Maybe we can throw them a bone in WBB or softball or volleyball.   But not for football. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yes, we'll not stay in the Cotton Bowl where the city of Dallas gives the schools a lot more money and the schools split the ticket sales 50/50 every year for the every other year benefit of playing at home. 

Edited by mdmost

20 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I suppose if we're SEC that means Liberty or Texas Women's University or some such formidable foe...

Liberty beat Coastal in their bowl last year. Not sure if you want to take them lightly.

23 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I guess we could schedule Mary Hardin-Baylor and call them the "real Baylor" or something, but that feels a little aggyish