2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

It appears that way. I went back and watched all the throws to Worthy. He has caught one 50/50 ball all year.Your "star" receiver should be better than that. I'm guessingg that is why we went and got Neyor.

No. We got Neyor because we wanted to have 3 good receivers on the roster. He was never a Worthy replacement. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

No. We got Neyor because we wanted to have 3 good receivers on the roster. He was never a Worthy replacement. 

I never thought he would be a replacement, he would have been a compliment, a guy on the opposite side that is capable and willing to fight for 50/50 balls on fades since we obviously don't have one of those guys other than JT Sanders at TE.

38 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

IF Texas makes it clear to Evan that he is wanted AND he is going to get the ball he is going to Texas. He believes he would be the best WR on the team. “Someone” has convinced him he is a better fit in the offense than what we have and some of Quinn’s struggles he can fix. The hang up is going to be how many WR do we try to bring in and he needs to hear the message from “Texas” and not just parties who represent Texas’ interest. 

I assume when he enters the portal, he, Sarkisian and Marion will be speaking immediately with this messaging. Hard to ahead of that. 

22 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Are you our resident Evan Stewart insider? Should I Venmo you 9.95? Sounds plausible if true. Not sure I want Evan after the way her acted last cycle but we need people why want and try to catch the football.

He knows his shit. I would try to get over your feelings. 

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Evan Stewart is a clear upgrade over Worthy. He's a more complete WR.

I’ve seen Stewart drop key passes and make critical fumbles this year. He’s an upgrade on the roster, but he’s got work to do too. Plus he’s an immature imbecile and that makes him a constant roster risk. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Your feelings regarding Stewart’s recruitment. You were simpering about how you felt about it. 

Oh yeah, I thought he was a turd during his recruitment and only went to aggy because of a gym bag of money to play in an archaic offense where he wouldn't be happy. And here we are talking about him not being happy, weird. You spin it however you like and I'll do the same.

Edited by Longhornlove
sticky keyboard

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t think Earle is a bad guess at all and I’ve already mentioned on here, I believe, that folks around the sport feel like Burden into the portal is a certainty. I assume fatfuck is guessing Burden and knows dick. 

Stewart into the portal is now a certainty for anyone holding out any doubt. I’m interested to see if he does what he’s been saying he’s going to do for months, or if he winds up at USC or OSU or something. 

Yeah, I'm sure Burden will end up at Ohio State. Earle broke a bone in his foot and missed the first half of the season. He came back against Arkansas and has played well since. I'm a little surprised that he would transfer because he has been productive there.

35 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

If Evan Stewart was smart he would have chose Texas in the first place because the offense was and is more capable of exploiting his talents than coach cucks offense.

A reasonable person would think so, but Aggie offered a bag that would make a 18 year old make weird decisions. Plus once that class started building it was bags and a chance to make history. 

Texas also could have recruited him a little better. Winning over Bryce would have helped that recruitment as well. 

21 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That recruitment was by far our biggest failure of the cycle last year. He’s the one we should’ve been able to land. 

People didn’t really talk about this as that class started building, but man we dropped the ball on that one. It wasn’t bags, just a straight up ass kicking by Jimbo. He also turned into a pretty decent recruiter for them. Bryce and Bobby Taylor really became the voice and mouth piece for that class. Would have been nice to have Bryce beating the Drum for Sark plus he would have been a day 1 starter. 

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That recruitment was by far our biggest failure of the cycle last year. He’s the one we should’ve been able to land. 

4 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

People didn’t really talk about this as that class started building, but man we dropped the ball on that one. It wasn’t bags, just a straight up ass kicking by Jimbo. He also turned into a pretty decent recruiter for them. Bryce and Bobby Taylor really became the voice and mouth piece for that class. Would have been nice to have Bryce beating the Drum for Sark plus he would have been a day 1 starter. 

In this world, the aggies will create trouble. But take heart, for we will overcome the aggies. 

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He wanted to go somewhere he thought other big time players would go. Our class was trash at the time and they were building momentum behind the scenes.

Even after our class finally started coming together, A&M had big time guys committing left and right. 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Why did we redshirt Hall this year? Do we expect something from him next year? Because we sort of need WRs on this team right now.

Because he had some mental issues that needed addressing before putting him onto a big stage where he could implode into himself like a dying star?

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

If Stewart enters the portal and considers Texas it tells me he has matured, realized his mistake and trying to change things. If that is the case, I will welcome him with open arms. We obviously need playmakers at WR, bring it on. 

I'll welcome him for the additional bonus of aggy going from a stream of tears to pure mental breakdown.  Although, I worry that they have hit the 5th stage of grief at this point: Acceptance.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

In this world, the aggies will create trouble. But take heart, for we will overcome the aggies. 

🤔 

I’ll move on from this topic, hopefully I’m reading your response right.

By the way can we close our standing bet on JWhitt playing more than 8 games this year?

• Hook 'Em 2

If either Worthy and/or Stewart line up at WR for Texas next year, I have no problem rooting for them at all. Hell, if Lucifer Morningstar lines up with number 666 and tracks down a deep ball for a TD, I will cheer, “Go, Satan, go! Hook ‘em, Satan!” (Come to think about it, the horns up may be appropriate in that case)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

There has not been one yet. The game notes said "Texas will honor its 2022 senior class on Friday with a pregame ceremony on the field at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium. The Longhorns will recognize almost 30 players prior to the game against Baylor with a full list coming later in the week." That list is not out yet.