2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Drake Maye, whose dad QB’d for UNC and whose brother is Luke Maye?

Had no idea he was a legacy.  I don't follow the program.  My point was that a guy "...like Drake May" could make 5M transfering for a season.  Especially considering 5+ mil is table stakes now for a decent coach and that comes with buyout issues if you don't like what you signed.  5M for a proven QB?  I think we'll see a few of those a year going forward.

22 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Spencer Sanders has another year of eligibility if he wants it and apparently sat out today despite being healthy enough to play. Do we see him on another team next year? 

Poster on IT claimed he’s hearing Sanders is looking at transferring to Tennessee.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Wait, I thought Sanders was just a simple guy who has a father/son relationship with Gundy and enjoyed hunting birds in Oklahoma. 

Well he wants an even more intimate relationship with fellow Oklahoman Josh Huepel and is up for some fly fishing.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He’s an idiot if he doesn’t use whatever leverage he has. Hopefully both sides can work it out. 

I hate seeing anyone support this behavior. We didn’t see Bijan and Rojo playing these fucking games their entire time at Texas in order to leverage their positions. Worthy has been in my top 5 disappointments for multiple reasons this year. Bye!

• Hook 'Em 2

I hate seeing anyone support this behavior. We didn’t see Bijan and Rojo playing these fucking games their entire time at Texas in order to leverage their positions. Worthy has been in my top 5 disappointments for multiple reasons this year. Bye!
Sadly I have to agree. Kid has some skills, no question about it...but borderline headcase from day one. I'd rather keep him vs taking a chance in the portal, but doing the "taking down all longhorns references on sm" thing is getting tiresome...just play your fucking junior year in ATX with some effort and see where you land on NFL draft boards next year. He'll either have an improved Ewers or Arch throwing to him..most receivers would love having those two options.

I’d be very surprised to see Stewart leave aggy. That win (eventhough to a 4 or 5 loss LSU) saved the majority of their potential defectors.  Of course, the out-of-state mercenaries will start to portal their way out, but none of those guys will be interested in us. 

7 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

I’d be very surprised to see Stewart leave aggy. That win (eventhough to a 4 or 5 loss LSU) saved the majority of their potential defectors.

If one game changed the mind of a player, buckle up because it will be just as fun following that program next year as it was this year.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

The best message to Worthy is a reminder that it takes time to develop a fit with a QB and an offense. You don’t often see a WR come in and immediately put up monster numbers on a new team and with a new QB. Ewers will be way better next year and those two can still be an incredible combination. I hope he realizes it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’d rather have the safety that cannot be named but if we lose worthy and j Whitt doesn’t come back can anybody else catch the ball? Lol

We have sanders. Does Neyor stay? Worthy is a headache and doesn’t try half the time but damn he’s still good. Hard to find that in the portal unless you go full usc like they did with Addison.

I also feel like the safety will stay at atm since he wasn’t bought and evans is 50/50. Our luck he will stay. Or best case scenario worthy stays so usc uses that money for Stewart lol.

As much as I hate it and will probably hate the guy if he leaves you can’t blame him. Probably playoff contenders again next year. Williams is the best qb in cfb and he’s from California.

2 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I’d rather have the safety that cannot be named but if we lose worthy and j Whitt doesn’t come back can anybody else catch the ball? Lol

We have sanders. Does Neyor stay? Worthy is a headache and doesn’t try half the time but damn he’s still good. Hard to find that in the portal unless you go full usc like they did with Addison.

I also feel like the safety will stay at atm since he wasn’t bought and evans is 50/50. Our luck he will stay. Or best case scenario worthy stays so usc uses that money for Stewart lol.

The portal is always loaded with wide receivers. 

Cowing put up 1k yards at Arizona this year, Haselwood put up 700 yards at Arkansas, Addison put up 800 yards at USC with injuries, Neyor would have put up stats at Texas if he played, Hudson put up 1k yards at Louisville, and the list continues. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

As much as I hate it and will probably hate the guy if he leaves you can’t blame him. Probably playoff contenders again next year. Williams is the best qb in cfb and he’s from California.

Wasn't the unnamed portal safety supposed to be Andrew Mukuba rather than Bryce Anderson? Both would be great though

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The portal is always loaded with wide receivers. 

Cowing put up 1k yards at Arizona this year, Haselwood put up 700 yards at Arkansas, Addison put up 800 yards at USC with injuries, Neyor would have put up stats at Texas if he played, Hudson put up 1k yards at Louisville, and the list continues. 

Receiver is for sure the least worrisome position group because of the amount of guys at the position and guys that are coming in who could be good. It's a position where you can have immediate impact as a true freshmen as well.

Just now, Big Woodrows said:

Wasn't the unnamed portal safety supposed to be Andrew Mukuba rather than Bryce Anderson? Both would be great though

Bro, HE'S UNNAMED HOW DO WE KNOW?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Seen a few posts from people speculating that Neyor might portal. Where’s this coming from? Seems like he’ll have an important role in the offense once he comes back healthy. We need deep threat guys like him. 

I think people are just assuming things since we haven’t heard anything about him since the injury. Hopefully it’s nothing, it’d be great to see him come back from injury and dominate. I don’t see why he would leave unless he just hasn’t enjoyed it here. It does have to suck watching the offense you were supposed to light up rely on two WRs all year.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

I’d be very surprised to see Stewart leave aggy. That win (eventhough to a 4 or 5 loss LSU) saved the majority of their potential defectors.  Of course, the out-of-state mercenaries will start to portal their way out, but none of those guys will be interested in us. 

I don’t think 4 receptions for 42 yards and 0 TDs moved the needle for him

2 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Why would that win move the needle in anyway for kids with one foot out the door?

1 hour ago, Vertuzzi said:

Seen a few posts from people speculating that Neyor might portal. Where’s this coming from? Seems like he’ll have an important role in the offense once he comes back healthy. We need deep threat guys like him. 

Neyor watching QE throw deep this year

image.gif.cc9ab96adc22fce44c50bf151cd504f4.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1