2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

35 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It appears this staff wants a few 6’3-6’5 guys to go with all our sub 6 foot guys. 

We have no healthy receivers for spring that can go up and get a ball. 

6’5 with speed to burn is Thornton Jr. 

Co-sign. This is why I've felt Ja'Kobi Lane would be a priority take over the other High School WRs UT is recruiting.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Agreed completely. Dorbah is the kind of high-ranking recruit that has killed Texas since 2010 forward. The services liked him, but the programs perennially in or around CFP contention weren't really on him. Good luck to him, in any event.

Agreed, hope he's successful elsewhere, but this is the type of player that used to stick around for 4-5 years and never contribute.  Glad to see 8 win Steve is taking a different approach to roster management.

• Hook 'Em 1

We’ll see if you’re ecstatic when it’s verified. 

Not a attack on you, but outside of: Ewers, Sanders, Banks, Campbell, and maybe Williams on offense, and, Murphy and Barron on defense, I’m not sure I’m sweating a loss from anyone else. Haven’t reports shown that Ford, Sweat, and Watts plan to return? All the guys listed seem to be pretty damn plugged in to the program right now.

Edit: forgot about J. Thompson. He’s solid enough that it would hurt, and for some reason I’ve wondered about him transferring. But we know the staff is already trying for a S in the portal, not counting BJ Allen and Williams (we think) in the wings

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Marion just started following this grad transfer:

https://fordhamsports.com/sports/football/roster/dequece-carter/11803

56 catches for 1166 yards and 13tds this season at Fordham

Wife's cousin was an OL there 2018-2021, I'll see if I can get any insider info. Carter went 7/120/2 in the Holy Cross game we attended in 2019. /csb

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

Didn't Coffey play well this year? or maybe I'm thinking of Thompson. Sorry my memory is absolute shit.

Jerrin Thompson got most the reps and played well. I still think he is the most over rated player on our entire roster, especially in PFF, since he was slow to adjust to routes and had frankly horrendous ball skills more often than not but he was much improved and a very good player overall for us. Coffey didn't make much an impact and I'm fairly certain we were recruiting people to jump him on depth chart out of portal /shrug. 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Thompson did. Coffey played sparingly.

Just now, HateYouAndMyself said:

Jerrin Thompson got most the reps and played well. I still think he is the most over rated player on our entire roster, especially in PFF, since he was slow to adjust to routes and had frankly horrendous ball skills more often than not but he was much improved and a very good player overall for us. Coffey didn't make much an impact and I'm fairly certain we were recruiting people to jump him on depth chart out of portal /shrug. 

thanks for the responses boys.

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

@closetojumping has the EDGE name we didn't really want to hear get posted yet? guessing not Dorbah or Harris

guys left: Collins, Sorrell, Finkley, Bledsoe, Tapp, Burke?

Hide contents

i am assuming Collins just because that's maybe the only name the recruiting threads would be worked up about, but not sure

I don't remember anything about a particular edge guy leaving. I think I posted the potential transfers that were feared or expected on this thread a week or so ago. I assume I listed Dorbah, because I don't think anyone is surprised. Might not have mentioned Harris because, hell, I damned near forgot he was on the team. 

I don't consider Collins an edge. Popular opinion has been that he'll come back. My personal opinion is that I'm expecting him to transfer. We'll see. I'm cheering against him being at Texas or anything.

On the OL, SGW should be coming up with an announcement here shortly. I think folks will be surprised if there's anyone on the OL being told today that there's no playing time for them in the future unless Parr really wants leave.

I've said as few as 10 and as many as 20 will transfer. I think staff-supported exits will number at least 10. There will absolutely be some guys that Texas doesn't want to lose if as many as 20 are gone by this time next week.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Longhornlove said:

Dec 4th is gonna be nuts, already getting crazy.

The teams with the most talent, like Alabama, will be the teams sweating the most.  I wouldn't be surprised if Saban takes one look at the new landscape and walks away.  Who needs that aggravation? He's already considered the greatest college coach of all time. 

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The teams with the most talent, like Alabama, will be the teams sweating the most.  I wouldn't be surprised if Saban takes one look at the new landscape and walks away.  Who needs that aggravation? He's already considered the greatest college coach of all time. 

I don't know if he's wired that way. He's more likely to see it as a new challenge and something he would like to perfect before his 90th birthday.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Saban has been churning his roster for years, this just makes it easier. If he loses someone on his team, he’ll just go and replace them with someone from your team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I may be in the minority on this, but I don't think we should be targeting receivers who have not been highly productive already. Neyor, Thompson, Cook, Niblett, and maybe Worthy if he stays, are guys you are going to want to see the field. If a guy hasn't had 500+ yards receiving or isn't some super stud WR recruit that got screwed over somehow, then I don't see the point. 

Screwed over, you say? Well, his QB was Bo Nix.

I'm mostly kidding here. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, horny_gunman said:

Not a attack on you, but outside of: Ewers, Sanders, Banks, Campbell, and maybe Williams on offense, and, Murphy and Barron on defense, I’m not sure I’m sweating a loss from anyone else. Haven’t reports shown that Ford, Sweat, and Watts plan to return? All the guys listed seem to be pretty damn plugged in to the program right now.

Edit: forgot about J. Thompson. He’s solid enough that it would hurt, and for some reason I’ve wondered about him transferring. But we know the staff is already trying for a S in the portal, not counting BJ Allen and Williams (we think) in the wings