2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

On the bright side, if you really want to get DJ Campbell on the field and he can't supplant Hutson or Conner, then he would be a mauler in this role. 

Neto or Hutson would probably be just fine if they really wanna keep a bigger guy in a role like that next year. I personally think Helm will be more than good enough as a blocker/actual receiving threat next year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Card is not durable enough to hold up in these offenses that run the QB's between the tackles and have them take a pounding. OSU had Spencer Sanders worn down by game 6 every damn year. Maybe they can adjust their offenses but just something to keep in mind. It's why I don't see him at an Arkansas with Briles there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, horny_gunman said:

giphy.gif

While Card clearly improved over last year, the team (and Sark’s) long term success was never based on him being capable. The moment Ewers committed was the moment Card was relegated to come in and hand the ball off and complete a few passes, barring Major-like circumstances (there weren’t). This offense was never a great fit and pissing ourselves because the backup QB is moving on is not the way now.

Someone should have told all of this to @closetohumping last fall!

7 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

With Sanders leaving, Gundy and OSU was the first destination that came to mind. Hudson would excel in that offense. 

Card is about to graduate from McCombs with what, a BBA in finance? Is there some notion that the guy wants to go pro? If not, and he's going to leverage his skills to get a high quality MBA, why on earth would he go anywhere but to an elite institution?

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Card is about to graduate from McCombs with what, a BBA in finance? Is there some notion that the guy wants to go pro? If not, and he's going to leverage his skills to get a high quality MBA, why on earth would he go anywhere but to an elite institution?

The moment the mullet announced he was transferring i knew I was cooked.   The rest was just wishful bluster though apparently card didn’t actually hold his own vs ewers

@immamac is there a way to pin like a transfer tracker from On3 or wherever to the top of this thread on each page? 

------

One thing that folks have asked about is why would the guys who are locked in to transfer somewhere new would hold off in announcing. What I've heard is that there is a desire to have everything fully locked up with the filing and so forth before tipping anything off and letting the current school get a crack at retention. It makes me wonder if that is the case, will folks be holding off until they've fully finished their semesters? I don't know. Going to be an interesting wait and see. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, closetojumping said:

@immamac is there a way to pin like a transfer tracker from On3 or wherever to the top of this thread on each page? 

------

One thing that folks have asked about is why would the guys who are locked in to transfer somewhere new would hold off in announcing. What I've heard is that there is a desire to have everything fully locked up with the filing and so forth before tipping anything off and letting the current school get a crack at retention. It makes me wonder if that is the case, will folks be holding off until they've fully finished their semesters? I don't know. Going to be an interesting wait and see. 

Since we are talking football, I wonder if there are going to be a lot of guys skipping finals or not studying as they are screwing with the portal. I assume we will see a lot of grade issues with transfers as a result.

Animal House Zero Point Zero GIF - Animal House Zero Point Zero Belushi GIFs

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

UVA ..

• Hook 'Em 2

So there's 2 options. I can set up a page that is formatted nice and can be updated by someone or I can pin a post. I can't embed the page into every page of this thread though. 

I can also convert this thread into an article and the article can be the sticky thing and the comments are just linked to the thread so you can do it either way. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

So there's 2 options. I can set up a page that is formatted nice and can be updated by someone or I can pin a post. I can't embed the page into every page of this thread though. 

I can also convert this thread into an article and the article can be the sticky thing and the comments are just linked to the thread so you can do it either way. 

Listen, we need an interpreter for this. You're speaking in Esperanto here. Anybody know what the right answer is for us best being able to track everything and carry on with the thread? Where's @texifornia at? He usually eats these damn things.

• Haha 7

40 minutes ago, horny_gunman said:

giphy.gif

While Card clearly improved over last year, the team (and Sark’s) long term success was never based on him being capable. The moment Ewers committed was the moment Card was relegated to come in and hand the ball off and complete a few passes, barring Major-like circumstances (there weren’t). This offense was never a great fit and pissing ourselves because the backup QB is moving on is not the way now.

I didn’t say anything other than it would generate conversation. Which it did. Not sure what your malfunction is. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Listen, we need an interpreter for this. You're speaking in Esperanto here. Anybody know what the right answer is for us best being able to track everything and carry on with the thread? Where's @texifornia at? He usually eats these damn things.

Shredding my fingernails watching the USMNT play Tom Herman Turtleball. Happy to update a page if someone else sets it up.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am guessing that Texas has already made its peace with Worthy heading out. 

Retaining Whittington for better than what he can make as a UFA or late pick is a thing though. 

Oh I was just making a joke from a few years ago when we thought we were getting WRX lol