2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Listen, we need an interpreter for this. You're speaking in Esperanto here. Anybody know what the right answer is for us best being able to track everything and carry on with the thread? Where's @texifornia at? He usually eats these damn things.

Oh, not recently @closetojumping, @texifornia read that they were high in cholesterol 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tylerocks said:

Watching the portal announcements coming fast and furious, a buddy sent a text that 29,000 kids were/are/will be in the portal.  Is that right?

That can't be right, can it?

Many kid's dreams go into the portal and never return. Theres some risk to lower level guys. That big opportunity doesn’t always come and you may get backfilled. 

For people like me:

Troy Omeire - wish him luck, couldn't get over the injury bug.

Prince Dorbah - I'm not sure whether Dorbah or Burke logged more snaps this year, which isn't a good sign for him.

JD Coffey - Jerrin Thomson practically never came off the field.  I guess this is the safety we are losing to make room for ???

Andrej Karic - loved this name as a recruit but he wasn't ever good. It's fitting his last play was a strip-sack TD.

Jamier Johnson - started the year as the #3 or 4 corner.  It was obvious when he was on the field - in a bad way.  I think he can turn into a good player, but he's below guys younger than him now.

Hudson Card - not shocking at all.  He looked a lot improved this season.  I wish him luck.

DJ Harris - Kind of surprising in the sense that he has a lot of football left to play.  Dropping two edges means we are confident about getting someone from the portal?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

For people like me:

Prince Dorbah - I'm not sure whether Dorbah or Burke logged more snaps this year, which isn't a good sign for him.

JD Coffey - Jerrin Thomson practically never came off the field.  I guess this is the safety we are losing to make room for ???

Andrej Karic - loved this name as a recruit but he wasn't ever good. It's fitting his last play was a strip-sack TD.

Jamier Johnson - started the year as the #3 or 4 corner.  It was obvious when he was on the field - in a bad way.  I think he can turn into a good player, but he's below guys younger than him now.

Hudson Card - not shocking at all.  He looked a lot improved this season.  I wish him luck.

DJ Harris - Kind of surprising in the sense that he has a lot of football left to play.  Dropping two edges means we are confident about getting someone from the portal?

Total snaps in 2022

Prince Dorbah - 72

Ethan Burke - 126

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Watching the portal announcements coming fast and furious, a buddy sent a text that 29,000 kids were/are/will be in the portal.  Is that right?

If every single player on an FBS scholarship entered the portal that would only be a little over 11K. Even if he’s also accounting for walk-ons and FCS players, that number is almost certainly bullshit 

7 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

No it’s right.  Just means every FBS and FCS school will each have have 111 guys in the portal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

How the fuck would your buddy know when the portal doesn't open for another week?

YARN | No idea. | Tommy Boy (1995) | Video clips by quotes ...

Edit--he clarified that's across all sports/all divisions/etc

Regardless...that # seems ridiculously high.

Also it looks like from 2020-2021 only 54% of folks that went into the portal enrolled in another school.

Across all sports in that period only 30% of Division I athletes that entered the portal ended up with athletic aid at their new school.

14 minutes ago, JBJ said:

For people like me:

Count-von-count GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Really wish Card got a few drives in when Ewers was struggling.  He had improved his game since last year and was looking confident for once.  He performed admirably under heavy pressure against Bama...last year, he would've frozen and gotten drilled on most of these:

card1.gif.9f4a399bd69fb088c45bba7d44c87b7d.gif

card2.gif.5b48a8e62cd064f0e41dab141210655d.gif

card3.gif.30ed5b0249750466e86941f6331bf451.gif

Look how quickly Bama is in the backfield here, and Card calmly steps up and out of trouble:

card4.gif.a2dc05c51ffa6242c6c113effe233e95.gif

card5.gif.2bcef4447a8f3562045b6cc75d07a207.gif

All of this while dealing with an injury.

we always knew Eric Nahlin had a surly sock!

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2