2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Im not sure i buy this. We already have this guy on our roster in Neyor. A big bodied downfield target coming off an injury.

Main difference is AD Mitchell is coming back from a high ankle sprain that didn't require surgery I believe. Neyor is coming back from an ACL tear. The recovery process is shorter and better than it was even 10 years ago, but not every guy comes back at the same speed. Counting Neyor towards the purpose of "Is our WR room good enough" is a bad idea imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knewk210 said:

Be careful here futureman everyone has you on ignore from what I read. So you are in a vacuum and it why it may appear to you this is an active thread no one is here. Except me.

Fuck you for not using the bathroom vent fan and leaving the door open upon departure.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

So this IG video shows what appears to be Omeire catching a pass….maybe it was Kitan but looks like a WR catch to me….not gonna plow my way up this abortion of a tread so will ask if there been any word on his status?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmpDCBfK46R/?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

I think he transferred to Arizona State. 

9 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

So this IG video shows what appears to be Omeire catching a pass….maybe it was Kitan but looks like a WR catch to me….not gonna plow my way up this abortion of a tread so will ask if there been any word on his status?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmpDCBfK46R/?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

It was Crawford. Offense wearing white, defense in orange. 

18 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Don’t think it was an injury thing as much as he just disappeared a lot against better competition. You would also think he would be headed to the NFL and not the portal if he was that highly thought of. 

Its possible to be a highly productive college player but not have the measurables to be a draftable NFL player.  Maybe he thinks a little NIL money and college women are preferable to a year grinding out minimum salary in the NFL.

FWIW - here is how PFF graded him out compared to our ED's (using the vernacular PFF uses)

image.thumb.png.384eeceea49832ef6e677d9e11d8c930.png

image.thumb.png.7ea1a1b3e25dccc7e1305aa9281e3c6e.png

Overall

image.thumb.png.fc03dc79a95b11890fb0f2ad7dcd44d5.png

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Some people are averse to prosperity.

To be fair he is a CRNA I think. That might be the absolute best paying job that has no sales or ownership hassle/risk associated with it and is a 40 hour a week type job that you don’t take home with you. Jobs like that where you can roll out of school to 200k more or less by your mid to late 20’s and be employable anywhere really are awesome. I get why he was pretty exited with his career.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

To be fair he is a CRNA I think. That might be the absolute best paying job that has no sales or ownership hassle/risk associated with it and is a 40 hour a week type job that you don’t take home with you. Jobs like that where you can roll out of school to 200k more or less by your mid to late 20’s and be employable anywhere really are awesome. I get why he was pretty exited with his career.  

you left off on call pay, back up call pay, third on call pay, ability to take over others shifts (to a certain extent), etc.

there are a ton of reasons to be excited to be a CRNA, and one of them is absolutely the mean wage (per BLS, Texas median CRNA wage is $197k)

it's a great gig if you can get it.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

you left off on call pay, back up call pay, third on call pay, ability to take over others shifts (to a certain extent), etc.

there are a ton of reasons to be excited to be a CRNA, and one of them is absolutely the mean wage (per BLS, Texas median CRNA wage is $197k)

it's a great gig if you can get it.

I have 2 girls and a boy. I’m pushing CRNA, Pilot and marrying well on them. They are all above average intelligence with none of them being super smart (like 120-130 IQ types). That job seems like it’s perfect for that kind of person. Great work life balance. 

• Hook 'Em 5

44 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

CRNA’s have one of the best jobs (salary vs workload) in medicine.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Its possible to be a highly productive college player but not have the measurables to be a draftable NFL player.  Maybe he thinks a little NIL money and college women are preferable to a year grinding out minimum salary in the NFL.

FWIW - here is how PFF graded him out compared to our ED's (using the vernacular PFF uses)

image.thumb.png.384eeceea49832ef6e677d9e11d8c930.png

image.thumb.png.7ea1a1b3e25dccc7e1305aa9281e3c6e.png

Overall

image.thumb.png.fc03dc79a95b11890fb0f2ad7dcd44d5.png

Just curious, are you able to show his game-by-game grades for this year? A lot of his production seemed to come in non-conference play. Would be interested in seeing the trend line as the season went on.

Edited by Hookem2147

42 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

How is he ever going to grip the ball in those big 10 venues in November.  Dude should have looked ACC.  

In all seriousness, I feel like NC State (losing O’ Leary), Wake Forest (losing Hartman), and UVA (losing Armstrong) would’ve been good options. And more of a culture fit to a kid from Lake Travis than the frozen tundra of the BIG.

Edited by ATXhorn17
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

In all seriousness, I feel like NC State (losing O’ Leary), Wake Forest (losing Hartman), and UVA (losing Armstrong) would’ve been good options. And more of a culture fit to a kid from Lake Travis than the frozen tundra of the BIG.

Yeah UVA seems ideal.