2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

For all the players changing schools, I don’t have a good handle on how many/what percentage are really making significant contributions at their new school. And if you are a program with talent, then I would think only 2-5 players would be needed, and maybe only 1-2 starters. 

58 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Again, show me the slam dunk difference makers we've whiffed upon. 

Or show me that we deserve better than a C in portal transfers to Texas this year (and please don't digress into guys we kept). I don't see how you can say that we deserve a better grade when we didn't address WR or ED. I don't even think the coaching staff thinks we did much better. They think we need a RB, too. So from their perspective, we got a punter, a corner and a safety and we still need a WR, ED, and RB. The portal thing is ongoing so maybe the grade improves between now and the summer. I guess we've got that going for us. Right now, do you think we've done better or worse than the top 10 combined schools in the PAC, Big, and our shitty conference?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Or show me that we deserve better than a C in portal transfers to Texas this year (and please don't digress into guys we kept). I don't see how you can say that we deserve a better grade when we didn't address WR or ED. I don't even think the coaching staff thinks we did much better. They think we need a RB, too. So from their perspective, we got a punter, a corner and a safety and we still need a WR, ED, and RB. The portal thing is ongoing so maybe the grade improves between now and the summer. I guess we've got that going for us. Right now, do you think we've done better or worse than the top 10 combined schools in the PAC, Big, and our shitty conference?

Now you’re speaking with authority on how you think our coaching staff views their efforts in the portal? Well ok bud. 

you brought out the grading scale. I think we’re an incomplete, but you want to give a grade, show me who you think has gotten an A. 

Also, the portal WR we secured is named Jordan Whittington. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Had to fact check this. Verse went into the portal on November 30th. His reported offers

November 30th- Kansas, Western Kentucky

December 1- Buffalo, James Madison, Utah State, Colorado, Kent State, Bowling Green, Purdue, San Diego State

December 2- Utah, Houston, West Virginia, Uconn, Nebraska

December 3rd- None

December 4th- None

December 5th- Syracuse, Iowa

December 6th (one week after he enters)- Florida State, Tennessee

December 9th- Missouri

December 10th- Arkansas

December 12th- Auburn

December 13th (two weeks after he enters)- Miami, USC

December 14th- Virginia Tech

December 15th- Oklahoma, Florida

December 16th (two and half weeks after he enters)- LSU

December 22nd- Says his final group is Tennessee, Syracuse, Houston and FSU

Please do not let facts get in the way of his bloody menstruation on this subject. It seems to me the purpose of NIL after the season is to retain players on your roster you want to keep and attract free agents to plug holes you have. In that vein, Whittington and Jones have to be considered as part of the valuation of our free agency this offseason. So to recap we have added/retained starters at: 

Slot receiver

Right tackle

Corner

Safety 

Punter 

Every one of those plus players who are proven starters. No bread. With WR left to address and potential edge, it’s certainly looking good so far. Especially in the context of back to back top 5 classes. 

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:
29 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Now you’re speaking with authority on how you think our coaching staff views their efforts in the portal? Well ok bud. 

you brought out the grading scale. I think we’re an incomplete, but you want to give a grade, show me who you think has gotten an A. 

Also, the portal WR we secured is named Jordan Whittington. 

Dude.

And I think USC has been doing well. Oregon seems to be doing well. How has tOSU done?

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In actual news, all but one key guy is done in terms of returning for the spring and committing through 2023. The other guy is a fucking imbecile who thinks there's an endless spigot and doesn't give a shit about anything else, including the standing offer to pay him more than most people on this board make annually. So fuck him if doesn't ink and get his ass to class. 

I realize that some imbeciles actively posting in this thread right now do not understand the value of returning your own key players from entering the portal, but for the rest of us, hat tip to the NIL and coaching efforts to keep probably everybody, including Worthy. If the other asshole doesn't come back, still heavy work that got done including Worthy, Whittington, and Ford. 

Regarding the action in the portal, if the right guys don't enter, Texas isn't going to pursue them, same as many other schools. The argument past that by some of you will merit constant negs from me, at least, for wasting my fucking time with your nonsense going forward. 

I knew Jett Bush was a selfish bastard 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In actual news, all but one key guy is done in terms of returning for the spring and committing through 2023. The other guy is a fucking imbecile who thinks there's an endless spigot and doesn't give a shit about anything else, including the standing offer to pay him more than most people on this board make annually. So fuck him if doesn't ink and get his ass to class. 

I realize that some imbeciles actively posting in this thread right now do not understand the value of returning your own key players from entering the portal, but for the rest of us, hat tip to the NIL and coaching efforts to keep probably everybody, including Worthy. If the other asshole doesn't come back, still heavy work that got done including Worthy, Whittington, and Ford. 

Regarding the action in the portal, if the right guys don't enter, Texas isn't going to pursue them, same as many other schools. The argument past that by some of you will merit constant negs from me, at least, for wasting my fucking time with your nonsense going forward. 

Have we considered getting some sort of nurse NIL collective together? Maybe like a "get your Ear Nose n Throat checked by an End Nose or Tackle!" kinda deal? There's gotta be at least 9 figures in something like that.

Edited by TotallyLegit

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

One thing I’m curious about is what the consensus is here with regards to how we are doing in the portal. 

One semester in college I hit for the cycle.  An A, B, C, D (as in David), and F (as in Frank).  The opinions here pretty much run the gamut.

2 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

martin scorsese book GIF

In fairness, there doesn't seem to be a lot in the portal right now and even less for Texas fans to care about. 2023 recruiting is dead unless there is new Duce news or we decide to pursue one of the unsigned high star guys still available. So what are we gonna do?

Barney Stinson Bored Shoot Me GIF | GIFDB.com

SIAP...

Transfer waiver guidelines

The Council voted unanimously to update guidelines for the waiver process for undergraduate student-athletes who are transferring for a second time.

Each waiver request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, but moving forward, student-athletes must meet one of the following criteria to be granted a waiver to compete immediately:

A demonstrated physical injury or illness or mental health condition that necessitated the student's transfer (supporting documentation, care plans and proximity of the student's support system will be considered), or

Exigent circumstances that clearly necessitate a student-athlete's immediate departure from the previous school (e.g., physical assault or abuse, sexual assault) unrelated to the student-athlete's athletics participation.

All other guidelines will no longer be used for waiver requests to compete during championship seasons that first occur in 2023-24. 

The Council agreed that athletics reasons (lack of playing time, position presence) and academic preferences should not warrant waiver relief. 

The Council directed the Transfer Advisory Group to recommend changes to the transfer waiver process to manage situations that fall outside these guidelines.

For transfer student-athletes expected to meet the requirements for a limited transfer exception (discontinued sport, or non-scholarship exception) the Council voted to allow student-athletes to enter the Transfer Portal at any time instead of requiring them to use their respective sport's transfer window.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/1/11/media-center-division-i-council-modernizes-rules-for-coaching-limits.aspx

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Drew Sanders

Jared Verse

Jordan Addison

Dorian Singer

Jacob Cowing 

There is 5 off the top of the head. We either didn't try hard enough, recruited them for another position, or completely whiffed.

But I guess USC/Lincoln Riley are the only ones who can steal players recruited to the portal by other teams.

Sanders would have been an improvement over Overshown, but he wanted to play off the LOS at Lb. He was great at blitzing from there and is an NFL guy, but his contribution would not have been as big as you think. Given the position change, he was a bigger risk 

my bad. Please ignore this has been covered by multiple people 

Edited by Codaxx

4 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Haha PM’s, they are all from bandera. I hope you think they are good guys because I do and learning they are shit heads or something would suck. Lol 

I’m from the Dallas area so I probably don’t know them. And I’m safety so they probably don’t like me. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin (IT) writes that Texas wants Gary Bryant Jr. to ‘hold his water’. Bryant doesn’t graduate until May and it sounds like Texas wants to stretch out his recruitment. 

I get it. See how the sophomore and incoming freshmen WRs do during spring ball. If you still need Bryant after spring he is available.

On 1/10/2023 at 2:57 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

Point of order here- Call the Touchdown play is actually a legit thing with a quality playcaller. I think it's actually one of Sark's greatest strengths.  Unfortunately, Quinn did a shitty job of throwing the TD play and Worthy and our other receivers did an even worse job of catching the TD play, but I was impressed with Sark's ability to "call the TD play" 5-8 times a game.  I think he could grow a bit if he reused some of that shit from time to time but a good play caller will absolutely have 5-10 times they are calling a play with the belief that they've set it up adequately and have a creative enough wrinkle to dial in a TD.  

Also- props to any 13 year old who can fumble his way through a bra strap.  

Here, here!  I was 15 before fumbling with my first bra strap.

• Hook 'Em 1