2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Isn't McCall's under-the-table issue that he pretty much stopped even pretending to play school and it came back to bite him? 

Nick Saban had taken care of SAT scores for recruits before. I doubt a bad transcript from Coastal Carolina would slow him down. 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

The #GunnellEffect is on the move

I have a theory. We have seen an abnormal amount of this with ex-aggy QBs in recent memory where they either decommit and never stick anywhere, or transfer out and go to new schools every year. Either aggy is doing the worst conceivable job at mental evaluations, or they are poisoning the well during the recruitment by telling the kid that he is the second coming of Joe Montana and that every school should be falling all over themselves to have him. The kid then buys what they are telling him, realizes he is at the prom with a 6, and then leaves them at the altar while taking with him this ridiculous idea that they put in his mind that he walks on water and will come home from practice every night to a hot tub full of willing coeds. This has happened too much to guys committed at one school at a singular position to be a coincidence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I have a theory. We have seen an abnormal amount of this with ex-aggy QBs in recent memory where they either decommit and never stick anywhere, or transfer out and go to new schools every year. Either aggy is doing the worst conceivable job at mental evaluations, or they are poisoning the well during the recruitment by telling the kid that he is the second coming of Joe Montana and that every school should be falling all over themselves to have him. The kid then buys what they are telling him, realizes he is at the prom with a 6, and then leaves them at the altar while taking with him this ridiculous idea that they put in his mind that he walks on water and will come home from practice every night to a hot tub full of willing coeds. This has happened too much to guys committed at one school at a singular position to be a coincidence. 

So in other words, they contract a case of Aggy (which is chronic, debilitating, and potentially hereditary) and are never the same. Sounds about right.

Holy shit I forgot all about that fucking guy. Who could have predicted a recruit who's commitment announcement to A&M was filmed by Taylor Hamm on his cell phone would go onto to such a high level of failure and mediocrity?

He’s headed to Alabama. 

The Alabama single game passing records are 559 yards and 6 TDs.

560/6.5 seems like a reasonable o/u for him at Kyle Field

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If I'm not mistaken he was one of the first commits to Sark and did it in front of everyone at the dinner.

I recall the first recruit that committed to Sark was the wide receiver that called Sark the next day after he won the national championship at Alabama as OC. We ended up recruiting over him. I can’t even remember his name.

Bama heading into the summer without a real QB is one of the most un-Saban like things we’ve seen in years. Guess we’ve been predicting this for months though.
Obviously he rolled through some JAGs at the position back in the day but it’s been a while.
IMG_7230.thumb.jpeg.6e9504a0da4ad2f9967630a6a8d36c43.jpeg
Or he's playing some multi-dimemsional chess that would boggle the minds of quantum physicist string theorists..

What if he truly thinks Milroe is the next VY and trying to psyche teams into thinking Bama is on the decline?

6 minutes ago, ousux said:

Or he's playing some multi-dimemsional chess that would boggle the minds of quantum physicist string theorists..

What if he truly thinks Milroe is the next VY and trying to psyche teams into thinking Bama is on the decline?emoji848.png

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2023 at 2:50 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

Alabraska. 
I’m telling you- it’s setting up the same way. 
we are going to ruin them. 

I agree 100%. Saban may have a claim to being the GOAT, but he is quickly becoming a dinosaur a la Dr Tom. Bama will suffer through NIL just like Nebraska suffered through the elimination of partial qualifiers. Sorry not sorry. 

• Like 2

This whole transfer portal is so weird. There are a few good players looking to move up, but the majority are bitch-made spares riding the pine at one school going to another school, usually heralded as the second coming of Christ ready to FINALLY DELIVER US TO GLORY. The major effect, in my opinion (and aside from the rare exceptions that put a great player at a new school), is that it compromises depth. Anyway, carry on the talk of Tyler Buchner and Anthony Jones; get started now because I'm sure they will be lighting up the national stage in 23-24. 🙄

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

This whole transfer portal is so weird. There are a few good players looking to move up, but the majority are bitch-made spares riding the pine at one school going to another school, usually heralded as the second coming of Christ ready to FINALLY DELIVER US TO GLORY. The major effect, in my opinion (and aside from the rare exceptions that put a great player at a new school), is that it compromises depth. Anyway, carry on the talk of Tyler Buchner and Anthony Jones; get started now because I'm sure they will be lighting up the national stage in 23-24. 🙄

Well people generally don't xfer because they won the starting job.  For our own Tyler Buchner it had to be a kick in the OSU that he came back from game 2 injury, started and won the bowl game, and had to step aside for a 5th yr transfer from Wake Forest. 

11 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

I agree 100%. Saban may have a claim to being the GOAT, but he is quickly becoming a dinosaur a la Dr Tom. Bama will suffer through NIL just like Nebraska suffered through the elimination of partial qualifiers. Sorry not sorry. 

first of all, he is absolutely the GOAT. unless you think it was harder for him to win 7 national championships in the 2000s than it was for Bear Bryant  to win 6 or a bunch of dudes to win national championships pre-integration.

at this point, idk how anyone can seriously act like anyone other than Saban isn't the best coach ever. 

also, "becoming a dinosaur" lol

• Saban last 10 years: 90.0 win%
  • Saban last 5 years: 89.9 win%
  • Saban last 3 years: 90.2 win%
  • Saban last 2 years: 85.7 win%

so sure, he's "quickly becoming a dinosaur" - even now, with Bama being outside the top 100 in returning production how many people here feel super confident about Texas winning?

...also while NU had it's issues, obviously, Osborne won 3 national championships in his last 5 years there, he played for a fourth and lost it by 2 points, lost 0 conference games in those 5 years, and lost 3 total games in those 5 years - 2 of them being the 93 championship which they lost by 2 points and the James Brown/Roll Left game.

let's not act like he pulled a Mack Brown and stayed around too long, saw it all fall apart in front of him, saw the game pass him by and then had to be kicked out the door.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

first of all, he is absolutely the GOAT. unless you think it was harder for him to win 7 national championships in the 2000s than it was for Bear Bryant  to win 6 or a bunch of dudes to win national championships pre-integration.

at this point, idk how anyone can seriously act like anyone other than Saban isn't the best coach ever. 

so sure, he's "quickly becoming a dinosaur" - even now, with Bama being outside the top 100 in returning production how many people here feel super confident about Texas winning?

...also while NU had it's issues, obviously, Osborne won 3 national championships in his last 5 years there, he played for a fourth and lost it by 2 points, lost 0 conference games in those 5 years, and lost 3 total games in those 5 years - 2 of them being the 93 championship which they lost by 2 points and the James Brown/Roll Left game.

let's not act like he pulled a Mack Brown and stayed around too long, saw it all fall apart in front of him, saw the game pass him by and then had to be kicked out the door.

100% agree! Saban is unequivocally the 🐐

45 minutes ago, NoName said:

1230339004.jpg

22 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

1230339004.jpg

Arguably second best coach of the 2000s, Kirby is hot on his trail.

Kirby is currently 47 years old, he has two titles. Nick Saban didn't win his first until he was 53. I wonder if Kirby will try NFL out similar to Nick or just stay in the college game?

Edited by BurntOrange&White