2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yes. 

Interesting. Thank you. Fortunately, while eight-win-Esteban has shown questionable game day decisions, he has been pretty spectacular at roster management. I trust that he'll continue to do so with the QB room.

• Hook 'Em 2

Murphy has an elite arm.  Guy can make every throw with a cannon.  He’s probably the most pure pocket passer of all 3 QBs on campus.  His mechanics, playing experience, and injuries are what are holding up back.  If he continues to improve and makes a big leap next year, I’d put my money on him winning the starting job.  Pure tools and physical traits, he’s a got 1st round talent.  Let’s see if Sark can keep refining his skill set.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

As CTJ alluded to earlier, there were some minor maturity issues that needed to be ironed out.  But Murphy also has some very positive intangible traits.  He's the most charismatic and natural leader in the QB room.  He's also one of those guys who is very competitive, even in dumb, small, every day ways.  

You can never tell for sure, but I like Murphy's chance of developing.  The decision to stay at Texas and continue to develop when the overtures of the portal must have been enticing only reinforces my sanguine outlook.  Whether the fruits of that are at Texas or not, I have no idea.  My hope is that Murphy/Arch are both the real deal and it is no lose situation, because that 2024 QB decision is going to be difficult.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 hours ago, victory88 said:

Murphy has an elite arm.  Guy can make every throw with a cannon.  He’s probably the most pure pocket passer of all 3 QBs on campus.  His mechanics, playing experience, and injuries are what are holding up back.  If he continues to improve and makes a big leap next year, I’d put my money on him winning the starting job.  Pure tools and physical traits, he’s a got 1st round talent.  Let’s see if Sark can keep refining his skill set.

I will be shocked, if Murphy is named the starter over Arch next year.  Murphy has a big arm, probably the biggest in the Texas QB room. That is also the least important trait to project QB success. He is also the least athletic QB in the room, so he is going to have to be extremely adapt at reading defenses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I said something on IT the other day about how there is no scenario where Ewers, Manning, and Murphy are all on the team in 2024. That didn't go over very well. Evidently a portion of our fanbase expects that to happen, so it should be fun to watch. 

I don’t know how anyone could think that was ever on the table.

They will need to drag Wright out of the program kicking and screaming, and even then they'll probably have to change the locks.

I don’t claim have any knowledge of the situation but from the outside looking in that seems obvious. The circumstances when he committed screamed career backup, and that he’s okay with that to stay home and attend UT.

We need a nice girl from a good Austin family to lock Arch down. Not a guarantee, but girlfriends have a solid record against the portal. 

Yeah, Arch Manning really needs to marry into a good family to make sure he’s set in life.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

Weed is legal in Mississippi. 

Buddy from Ole Miss told me that the first fully legal weed farm in America was in Oxford.  He was generally a straight shooter with upper management potential, so I took his word for it.

Buddy from Ole Miss told me that the first fully legal weed farm in America was in Oxford.  He was generally a straight shooter with upper management potential, so I took his word for it.

Ole Miss has been growing cannabis for research since the 60’s. It’s probably true but only on a technicality, it’s not like it’s a commercial operation.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’m at the same point with Arch as I was with Quinn. 

Quinn was coming here, as soon as he hit the portal, to be the starter. 5* 1.000 prospect from Texas.  Same with Arch.  If next year rolls around and it comes down to Arch and Maalik, if it’s not clear as day to even the dumbest of people, Arch is gonna be the guy.  A QB with Manning on the back of his jersey isn’t gonna get passed over for a spot at Texas.  The public perception is too big of a deal to a national brand like Texas. 

Quinn gets drafted, Arch next year, Maalik transfers.  Calling it now. 

21 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I’m at the same point with Arch as I was with Quinn. 

Quinn was coming here, as soon as he hit the portal, to be the starter. 5* 1.000 prospect from Texas.  Same with Arch.  If next year rolls around and it comes down to Arch and Maalik, if it’s not clear as day to even the dumbest of people, Arch is gonna be the guy.  A QB with Manning on the back of his jersey isn’t gonna get passed over for a spot at Texas.  The public perception is too big of a deal to a national brand like Texas. 

Quinn gets drafted, Arch next year, Maalik transfers.  Calling it now. 

Calling it here - they all go together to a tri delta party and meet 3 non blonds. Ewers meets a junior premed, Maalik meets a sophomore prehead, and Arch meets a fresh prewed. The premed convinces Ewers to stay one more year. The sophomore is great at her job and convinces Maalik to stay two more years, and the freshman is the daughter of a billionaire and convinces Arch to stay as long as she will let him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Ole Miss has been growing cannabis for research since the 60’s. It’s probably true but only on a technicality, it’s not like it’s a commercial operation.

Yep. Owned and controlled by the Federal Government.

14 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I will be shocked, if Murphy is named the starter over Arch next year.  Murphy has a big arm, probably the biggest in the Texas QB room. That is also the least important trait to project QB success. He is also the least athletic QB in the room, so he is going to have to be extremely adapt at reading defenses. 

Every QB needs to be adapt at reading defenses. What makes you think Murphy is incapable of doing so and behind Arch is this category?  Quinn and Arch aren't exactly dual threat QBs and I don't think Sark is recruiting QBs based on the running ability.  In the end Arch will be the starter next year but because that the deal just like with Quinn.  Arch could be better than Murphy next fall or worse but he will be the starter no matter what. 

7 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yep. Owned and controlled by the Federal Government.

Ive been to the Louisiana medical Marijuana manufacturer(?)  

Its privately owned. Its in an old factory building in Ruston. 

Place reeks of weed. Caught the crew coming back from lunch, and they look like the crowd from a Phish/ Afroman concert. And everyone i talked to was high as shit. 

Progress?

6 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Ive been to the Louisiana medical Marijuana manufacturer(?)  

Its privately owned. Its in an old factory building in Ruston. 

Place reeks of weed. Caught the crew coming back from lunch, and they look like the crowd from a Phish/ Afroman concert. And everyone i talked to was high as shit. 

Progress?

Probably by a family member of an influential politician.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Probably by a family member of an influential politician.

Oh!  You know Louisiana. 

I also went to the one of the ones vying for the Arkansas slot. Still processesing. But they are growing. I was talking to the actual people setting it up. Family farmers. Not saying they arent connected. 

And they werent high. 

• Hook 'Em 1