2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

Sounds like it’s one more sign that they think Foster ain’t coming back and need bodies for the IOL.

Scary party is what they really need is OTs and shift some guys inside, but P5 level starting LT or RTs are few and far between in the portal. 

That being said, this kid is a 0 star in the portal (was a 4 star out of HS) and looks to be a JAG at best to provide bodies. 

29 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I've heard of playing down to your competition but recruiting down to your competition is a new one!

They are recruiting up to their competition. The kid visited App State. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, NoName said:

if you want a chuckle

dude is out here liking tweets like this:

dude is still uncommitted.

The SEC Grammar is killing me.

Going to the Conference of Morons is going to try my patience & OCD in ways that I’m not sure I can take.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

The D2 pipeline to A&M continues to flow.  

First it was the "big-time" transfer commitment from wide receiver Jahdae Walker of Grand Valley State ... 

Next, it's this guy.

image.thumb.png.fa5903462f88023145ae475aca92d201.png

image.thumb.png.4b649fd8863dcc51eb9f30f67cbce3aa.png

image.thumb.png.f54a32f7a5747762937b41a1f2b404d3.png

can you imagine the monumental amount of shit they would give Texas if they took ONE...much less TWO D2 players? or even offered two of them?!

They gave Texas a ton of shit for taking Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey who was coming up from FCS James Madison. not even a D2 player.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

can you imagine the monumental amount of shit they would give Texas if they took ONE...much less TWO D2 players? or even offered two of them?!

They gave Texas a ton of shit for taking Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey who was coming up from FCS James Madison. not even a D2 player.

We did take a D2 player in 2020 - Gabriel Watson. But he was obviously free depth when we had room on the roster so it didn't move the needle for anyone, honestly. 

https://texassports.com/sports/football/roster/gabriel-watson/10697

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, NoName said:

The difference, you see, is their first D2 commitment is "big-time," and their second is a "standout."

Advantage:  Aggy!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

What does it say about their WR room that they're willing to take two D2 WRs? 

What's strange and has been pointed out here already, it's one of the more talented positions on their team.  I'm not sure about depth, but their starters are good players.

Maybe all of the starters are planning to wear sleeves and get suspended again?

10 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

What's strange and has been pointed out here already, it's one of the more talented positions on their team.  I'm not sure about depth, but their starters are good players.

Maybe all of the starters are planning to wear sleeves and get suspended again?

image.png.25dac3a273b4a05ae9a7bad8d55818fa.png

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Man, that dude should have taken Yale up on the offer in 2017.       Life is about choices.    And saying no to Yale and ending up at Aggy is a choice.

What about saying no to Yale and ending up at San Jose State via aggy and pig?

Bei__Strakel_SJS02235.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I actually really love this pickup and here’s why. 

- First, he was the top guy out of the state of Mass in 2017. The overall number one. And when you look at the 50 United States, no one can deny that Massachusetts is one of them.

- More on Massachusetts and football. Most people hear Mass and think “Boston,” but there’s other places there too. Cape Cod. Nantucket. Worchester, I’m pretty sure. Wooster? Anyway, also a little place called Foxboro. Just where the greatest football player of all time won most of his Super Bowl rings with the greatest dynasty, the New England Patriots. And Massachusetts is really the important part of New England, even if you count Connecticut. 

- South Boston and those fishing towns are tough, no-nonsense blue collar areas. You grow up hard and learn not to take shit from anyone. But Massachusetts is also home to some of the best educational institutions in this country.  So we’re either getting a scrappy, hard-nosed, carry your lunch pail to work brawler, or a cerebral line general who will be quick to pick up on the nuances of Jimbo’s scheme. 

- His coach at BC happened to be one Steve Addazio. So we aren’t getting an unknown, our OL coach has already seen something in him. He’s seen a guy who was able to appear in four games in 2019. Proven quantity. 

- Let’s talk about size. This is a guard who goes 6-4, 320. Anyone who follows this game will tell you— 6’4, 320 is a size for many guards. 

- I knew we had to make some big portal moves coming off last year.  And this is literally a portal move, he came through the portal.  And he’s big, when you look at players in the portal, he’s for sure on the bigger side. Big portal move. Just one more piece of the puzzle. 

Bravo GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

What about saying no to Yale and ending up at San Jose State via aggy and pig?

Bei__Strakel_SJS02235.jpg

What a dipshit!

My brother went to Yale and I have plenty of friends who went to Harvard, Yale, & Princeton. When you are mediocre at a sport on the highest level, but can set yourself up as a former jock from the Big 3 to have doors fly open for you after college and for the rest of your life, you take it. 

SIDE NOTE: I have thrown up at Harvard, Yale, & Princeton, so I know what I’m talking about.
[/vomit humble brag]

*Colleges listed in reverse chronological order of when I vomited where. 🤮

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

What a dipshit!

My brother went to Yale and I have plenty of friends who went to Harvard, Yale, & Princeton. When you are mediocre at a sport on the highest level, but can set yourself up as a former jock from the Big 3 to have doors fly open for you after college and for the rest of your life, you take it. 

SIDE NOTE: I have thrown up at Harvard, Yale, & Princeton, so I know what I’m talking about.
[/vomit humble brag]

Sure, but that aggy network of insurance agents in Katy can't be topped. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

What a dipshit!

[/vomit humble brag]

I’ve got a friend who seriously hates Ryan Fitzpatrick to this day because he says he had an offer to go play qb at Harvard until Fitz swooped in and took his spot. He ended up playing for Claremont McKenna. 

CSB postscript, his little brother is famous 5-star bust Max Browne. 

• Hook 'Em 3