2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

5 minutes ago, Scholz said:

So can SMU kick them off the team, out of the dorms and cafeterias and stop paying their tuition?

Will they is a better question - I imagine that SMU will have to weigh the benefit vs. the risk (harm to recruiting).

I have concerns that "recruiting" is much less important than dollars these days, though.

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

So can SMU kick them off the team, out of the dorms and cafeterias and stop paying their tuition?

This semester is already paid for, so, no they couldn’t do it immediately.  They could take them off the Athletic dining plan and make them eat with the commoners.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

How in the fuck is this minor news? This means that quite a few guys will have to declare that they're transferring in the middle of spring camp.

I think it's a good thing. If they declare they are transferring prior to or during spring camp, then you can get them the fuck off the field and give reps to a guy who needs it and is going to be here. I think it sucks for guys to go all the way through camp as #2 on the depth chart, only to transfer because they aren't #1. Meanwhile #3 can't get better because #2 sucked up all his reps. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

@Wulaw Horn will need to remind of us of what is at stake, but I am fairly certain this is a grim turn of events for my side of the wager.

We had dates, but that doesn’t really match the spirit of our bet. Basically your take was that teams would want to have spring ball after the portal had closed and I took the opposite side- that big time schools would just as soon finish camp and then have portal available. 
This  the year you had it changing by- 23. Year look forward to your ode to Tom Herman and his coaching ability, and how he got a raw deal at UT. 
more importantly- I am trending pretty good on our Whittington participation bet. Knock on wood. I had 10 plus (including bowl and big 12 title games) and you had 7 or less (no blood at 8 or 9). 

55 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We had dates, but that doesn’t really match the spirit of our bet. Basically your take was that teams would want to have spring ball after the portal had closed and I took the opposite side- that big time schools would just as soon finish camp and then have portal available. 
This  the year you had it changing by- 23. Year look forward to your ode to Tom Herman and his coaching ability, and how he got a raw deal at UT. 
more importantly- I am trending pretty good on our Whittington participation bet. Knock on wood. I had 10 plus (including bowl and big 12 title games) and you had 7 or less (no blood at 8 or 9). 

Well, good. If teams are finishing practices ahead of the portal opening, you win. If they’re practicing during the portal period and through it, I win. What happens if you lose?

On Whittington, I hope I have to pay you $100. Nonetheless, that one is tenuous all the way until he is in his 10th game.  He’s made of glass until he isn’t. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, good. If teams are finishing practices ahead of the portal opening, you win. If they’re practicing during the portal period and through it, I win. What happens if you lose?

On Whittington, I hope I have to pay you $100. Nonetheless, that one is tenuous all the way until he is in his 10th game.  He’s made of glass until he isn’t. 

He was fine through the 1st 5 games last year too, until an errant Thompson throw into the dirt caused him to go diving shoulder 1st into the CB turf.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Same. Ode to Tom Herman. It was majority of teams- clearly becoming a thing. Currently they practice  then portal. You had said that would change I didn’t think it would change. 
I’m telling you- Yoga and stretching. Only took him 4 years to figure that out. 
I’m not counting my money yet- but we are at 6/6 starting Saturday and I’m happy. 

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Same. Ode to Tom Herman. It was majority of teams- clearly becoming a thing. Currently they practice  then portal. You had said that would change I didn’t think it would change. 
I’m telling you- Yoga and stretching. Only took him 4 years to figure that out. 
I’m not counting my money yet- but we are at 6/6 starting Saturday and I’m happy. 

My wife let me know just today that she just signed up a monthly membership to something called Stretch Lab . Apparently you pay them to help you stretch. 

https://www.stretchlab.com/

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You took JWhit at 10 games? I’m glad I got in on the bet at 8 games. I’m nervous every hit he takes. 

5 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

Where are we supposed to pick up these tumblers?

At any home game. Any happy hour any watch party.  The burnt Ends dinner. They come everywhere I'm tired of dragging them around. 

You can pay for shipping and I'll ship it but the shipping is as much as the damned cup and that takes away from the bonus payouts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

At any home game. Any happy hour any watch party.  The burnt Ends dinner. They come everywhere I'm tired of dragging them around. 

You can pay for shipping and I'll ship it but the shipping is as much as the damned cup and that takes away from the bonus payouts. 

store update GIF

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Speaking of bets, did @closetohumping ever get his money from you once again making a stupid bet that no one on the current roster would start a game?

15 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Just in case a competent edge happens to see this thread.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1578122170797940736?s=20&t=H_NLIoD385eSIm8YuumxlQ

I got you, boo.

*to embed the tweet you need to get rid of all of the junk after the numbers in the URL 

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1578122170797940736

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2023 Transfer Thread - Bend Over and I’ll Show You