2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Maybe the best Portal EDGE

I won’t pretend to know who it is, but there is an expectation of an edge Texas really likes entering the portal during/right after bowl season. We can all still wring our hands about the position though, not excluding myself either. I don’t trust this process in this cycle at all. Too much newness and weirdness. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

With the news that Texas is likely losing 2023 DT commit Dylan Spencer, Coach Bo Davis just started following this 6'6" 300 pound DT from Arizona on twitter:

2 years of eligibility left.  Wilson was a rotational player at Arizona.  Has an offer from Auburn and then a few offers from G5's.

https://arizonawildcats.com/sports/football/roster/dion-wilson-jr-/14797

Tank is such a worn out DT nickname, I'll allow it if he can play like this guy

3079784.jpg

...just make sure he knows how coin tosses work

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Surlian said:

An OSU fan said they've heard A&M for him. Dunno if they're getting him confused with Cobb or if A&M just decided to try to nab OSU's entire roster

I can’t imagine why they’d want a single defensive player from the big 12. As we all know, the conference is terrible and also doesn’t play defense. 

• Haha 7

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

I can’t imagine why they’d want a single defensive player from the big 12. As we all know, the conference is terrible and also doesn’t play defense. 

I thought the same thing when I saw one of the screenshots where they said they'd be fine with 3* LBs because "Baylor, TCU, and KSU" do well with them. Guess the Big 12 ain't so bad all of a sudden! 

I'd be surprised if they grabbed both + Grimes tbh. Ideally they get Grimes and not  Muhammad. Can't see them pulling 3+ good starters (Grimes isn't one obv) from the portal with the absolute clusterfuck their entire program is (well, more than usual)

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Does it seem like a lot of higher rated portal players are immediately rumored to visit USC? Are they tampering more or differently than everyone else?

I think they're definitely a bit more blatant about it, and often the dudes they do tamper with are big names so it gets more attention (Caleb Williams, Addison, attempting w/ Worthy) 

Can't really comment on the amount of tampering though. Don't really pay much attention since everyone is doing it 

An OSU fan said they've heard A&M for him. Dunno if they're getting him confused with Cobb or if A&M just decided to try to nab OSU's entire roster

You can almost, nah eff that, you can guarantee that Jimbo is slinging his garbage in Starkville trying to find some players. Starkville and Collie Station are similar. Both have bitches for mascots and that awful maroon color.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Whittington is coming back. You guys can thank the NIL machine and some of the really big backers behind it. Remember this kind of stuff the next time dipshits like Herbstreit or Liucci want to bag on our BMD support. 

Hell. Yes. 

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Whittington is coming back. You guys can thank the NIL machine and some of the really big backers behind it. Remember this kind of stuff the next time dipshits like Herbstreit or Liucci want to bag on our BMD support. 

This is huge! What a message to our ‘23 recruits and prospects!

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That’s paragon of health and iron man Whittington to you sir. 
I’m telling you, always bet on guys that legit went Vegan and/or took up yoga. It’s science. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Fuck.

Yes.

Worthy.  Whittington.  Neyor.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Cincinnati, Kentucky, the Ohio River. This combination brings up the weirdest combination of sadness, happiness, and what might have been for me. My oldest child (Hucklebaby for you Longhorn internet olds) got a Make-a-Wish trip due to her permanent medical condition and disability. Of all the places we could have gone she chose Cincinnati so she could meet Fiona the hippopotamus who had inspired her during some of her darkest medical struggles. Anywhere in the world, she chose Cincinnati.

On the bright side, Whittington is coming back.

Internet olds, you say…

If you've ever wondered, wondered whatever became of me…

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Fuck.

Yes.

Worthy.  Whittington.  Neyor.

With legitimate backups. Thompson & Red with a year in the system & Cook & Niblet coming in as well. Excellent WR room & the ability to be extra picky in the portal or allocate the spot to another position if no one we want is available.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Cincinnati, Kentucky, the Ohio River. This combination brings up the weirdest combination of sadness, happiness, and what might have been for me. My oldest child (Hucklebaby for you Longhorn internet olds) got a Make-a-Wish trip due to her permanent medical condition and disability. Of all the places we could have gone she chose Cincinnati so she could meet Fiona the hippopotamus who had inspired her during some of her darkest medical struggles. Anywhere in the world, she chose Cincinnati.

On the bright side, Whittington is coming back.

Hope your daughter is doing well.  My 5 and 10 year old love watching videos of Fiona and have since 2020.

• Hook 'Em 3

Nahlin had this in today's Humidor:

There is another DB with a name many here will know who may also become a target (not Bryce Anderson).

Also said Texas is not in the mix for Jabar Muhammad.

Just now, hook me said:

back-to-back shoulder injuries in 2021 & this year. Had reconstructive surgery this year.

Worth the risk.

• Hook 'Em 3