2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@closetojumping does Bobby petrino move the needle for Evan Stewart and his people?

what do you think?

do you think a 60 year old who spent 13 games with the falcons then quit to go to Arkansas, was at Arkansas then got fired for the motorcycle incident, spent 1 year at Western Kentucky before leaving for Lousiville, got fired from Louisville, didnt have a job for 2 years, then took an FCS job, then left for UNLV for like a month then quit there to go to A&M.

oh yeah and the last time he was a relevant offensive mind was in 2011 at Arkansas when Evan Stewart was like 11 years old. 

John Candy No GIF by Laff

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

I'm very much  good with that. He's definitely a really talented kid. Hope he makes the most of it because he could wind up being important for us next year

I don't know man...it takes a while for these transfers to pick up the system.  Especially on offense.  We'll see.  Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Petrino will pitch a DaVante Parker role to Stewart. Unlikely that resonates.

SIAP, but this is an incredible, scathing take on Petrino to aggy

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/first-and-10-bobby-petrino-jimbo-fisher-disaster-waiting-to-happen/

Pretty sure DeVante Parker played under Strong, not Petrino.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

If the drama about Blue is simply related to him being pissed about the bowl game usage of our RBs I hardly blame him. Did we not all watch the same game? Sark went full fucking retard trying to make Keilan work as a feature back and not going to Brookes or Blue in even shorter yardage situations is baffling. I assume this is just the most recent issue among many however with GW and others basically saying the equivalent of good riddance..  if not then fuck them because being pissed about the bowl game RB situation is 100% warranted and he hasn't been half the public drama queen as Worthy or others who GW turns around and sucks off at every opportunity. 

That FSU kid is a stud and would be an excellent addition to the roster regardless of how things play out with Blue.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

If the drama about Blue is simply related to him being pissed about the bowl game usage of our RBs I hardly blame him. Did we not all watch the same game? Sark went full fucking retard trying to make Keilan work as a feature back and not going to Brookes or Blue in even shorter yardage situations is baffling. I assume this is just the most recent issue among many however with GW and others basically saying the equivalent of good riddance..  if not then fuck them because being pissed about the bowl game RB situation is 100% warranted and he hasn't been half the public drama queen as Worthy or others who GW turns around and sucks off at every opportunity. 

That FSU kid is a stud and would be an excellent addition to the roster regardless of how things play out with Blue.

Why do people think Blue is significantly different that KRob? 

6'0" 194 lbs  Freshman vs 5'9" 185 lbs  Senior'

17 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Why do people think Blue is significantly different that KRob? 

6'0" 194 lbs  Freshman vs 5'9" 185 lbs  Senior'

According to a couple of the IT guys, Blue has much better hands and is effectively a WR if you motion him out of the backfield. Otherwise, about the same running the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

According to a couple of the IT guys, Blue has much better hands and is effectively a WR if you motion him out of the backfield. Otherwise, about the same running the ball. 

which is basically KRob. Both are better out of the backfield and using their speed outside. Neither have shown the ability to run between the tackles, which was my point. 

Just now, Codaxx said:

which is basically KRob. Both are better out of the backfield and using their speed outside. Neither have shown the ability to run between the tackles, which was my point. 

They have always said KRob didn’t have good hands, so passes to him had to be dump offs in the flats. Supposedly (this is just what they’ve said) Blue can do damage running intermediate routes further down field.