2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

28 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Coaches originally asked JWhit, Jones, Ovie and Moro to come back. So far two of those are taking the offer. I can say that there was major disagreement between defensive coaches on Ovie so it makes sense that he decided to move on.  Not all the coaches wanted him back. 

Has Moro been receptive to it at all?

33 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Hopefully a condition of Whitt returning was more targets. Hook ‘em J!!emoji1598.pngemoji1598.png

How do you hold a coach to that? It’s not like Whitt can get his year back if he doesn’t get more targets. I’m guessing his return has benefits a little more verifiable at the bargaining table.

3 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

How do you hold a coach to that? It’s not like Whitt can get his year back if he doesn’t get more targets. I’m guessing his return has benefits a little more verifiable at the bargaining table.

in the video game the coach loses integrity when he doesn't fulfill his promise

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Texas ADOPP JM Jones just started following Cal TE Jermaine Terry.  The 6'4" 255 pound Soph entered the portal yesterday.  

https://calbears.com/sports/football/roster/jermaine-terry-ii/21275

Physical freak who isn't very good.  Possible NFL player if he wanted to be a DE and had the temperament.  As a TE?  Meh blocker and so so receiver

• Hook 'Em 2

One of the safeties Bobby (IT) said Texas was interested in.  In addition to Harper (and Catalon), Bobby said Texas was also doing due diligence on a couple of G5 Safety prospects in the portal.

Catalon was supposed to visit ND after Purdue (and before Texas).  Wonder if that trip is called off or if ND is going for a 2 safety haul.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

OU 247, on the TP implications of the Mims declaration.

image.thumb.png.bc2a41338c65cb60354f940151e091ea.png

OU should "push hard" for a permanent WR coach first. They've got L'Damain Washington stuck with the interim tag still.

Mims seems like a really good guy overall. Will be missed on several fronts.

1 hour ago, El Moco said:

I haven’t been able to keep up with things like I used to.  What is going on with Ok. St.?  

My guess is he has zero interest in talking player into staying, and will replace them with players from lesser schools in the portal and sleep like a baby

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, pacman said:

spacer.png

Sturdivant's trainer

22 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

If that's Margin Hooks, don't we have an in with him?

He’s not going to have two of his guys competing for a starting spot on the same roster. Neyor and Sturdivant would be cannibalizing each other’s opportunities at Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

IT reported that Purdue had some link to Catalon. Forgot what it was 

Justin Wells also said he doesn't see him leaving a school like Arkansas to go to a school like Purdue 

Edited by Viper