2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Reading the tea leaves... so Hudson is a Dallas kid who commits to SMU over offers from Bama and Texas when Rashad Samples was the WR coach there. Decommits and moves across town with Dykes and Samples. Signs at TCU at the early period last year when Samples was still their WR coach. Samples leaves for the Rams in March. Hudson enters the portal in January of the next year. 

I'm not exactly Barnaby fucking Jones over here, but I think we can guess where this is heading.

He should absolutely keep following Samples around, it's working out great so far and I bet he'll be at ASU for years.

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Reading the tea leaves... so Hudson is a Dallas kid who commits to SMU over offers from Bama and Texas when Rashad Samples was the WR coach there. Decommits and moves across town with Dykes and Samples. Signs at TCU at the early period last year when Samples was still their WR coach. Samples leaves for the Rams in March. Hudson enters the portal in January of the next year. 

I'm not exactly Barnaby fucking Jones over here, but I think we can guess where this is heading.

To Texas after we hire Samples as WR corch?

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Jeremy Clark (TCU 247) said that Hudson submitted paperwork for the portal but TCU has talked him out of it. His name was withdrawn and he is staying at TCU.

If he stays through the spring, Hudson still has the option to leave tcu during the spring portal window (May 1st - 15th) 

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Jeremy Clark (TCU 247) said that Hudson submitted paperwork for the portal but TCU has talked him out of it. His name was withdrawn and he is staying at TCU.

Would love to hear take from those better in the know but I'm guessing TCU utilized this run to build a decent NIL war chest.

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Percentage of Surly who knows who Barnaby fucking Jones is without google?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

whats not clear here?

"Tysheem agreed to an NIL deal with The Grove collective, and then entered the transfer portal anyway."

Ahhh. Haha. That seemed unpossible and I thought he was trying to refer to a beefing up of their collective.

10 hours ago, Sabalo said:

Percentage of Surly who knows who Barnaby fucking Jones is without google?

Or Ironside, Quincy, Columbo, Baretta, Mike Hammer, Magnum, P.I., Simon & Simon, Starsky & Hutch, Chips, Adam-12, Emergency!, Kojak, Police Woman, The Rockford Files, SWAT, Hart to Hart, Hawaii Five-O, The Streets of San Francisco, Charlie's Angels, Mannix, and a few more.....  you've got a LOT of olds on here who remember back when there was good TV shows to watch, back when there were only 3 networks for this type of entertainment, and "cable TV" really didn't start branching out until the 80s.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Or Ironside, Quincy, Columbo, Baretta, Mike Hammer, Magnum, P.I., Simon & Simon, Starsky & Hutch, Chips, Adam-12, Emergency!, Kojak, Police Woman, The Rockford Files, SWAT, Hart to Hart, Hawaii Five-O, The Streets of San Francisco, Charlie's Angels, Mannix, and a few more.....  you've got a LOT of olds on here who remember back when there was good TV shows to watch, back when there were only 3 networks for this type of entertainment, and "cable TV" really didn't start branching out until the 80s.

I had an Adam-12 lunchbox in the 2nd grade. 

Yes, im an old. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1