2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

If we're making predictions:

• 11 is still the base. Worthy will be the motion man
  • We still see a lot of 12 and a healthy amount of Jumbo TE
  • We won't see much 10 but we will see more empty

Mitchell lets Sark run the offense he wants but he's not going to change what that offense is. Sark had 4 1st round receivers at Bama and still ran 11 with a lot of 12. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Contradicting Yourself In One Tweet 101:

1) This has been in the works for a month or longer
2) OMG THE TWIST AND TURNS IN THE LAST WEEK!

By the way, I don't think a player transferring to be closer to home or a kid in any way qualifies as "The new Era In College Sports" unless by that he meant "Same as it's been for at least the last 20+ years."

A 9.95er being bad at what he does? 

Meme Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

Georgia WR AD Mitchell plans to enter transfer portal, per source; Texas a possible destination

INGLEWOOD, CA - JANUARY 09: Georgia Bulldogs Wide Receiver Adonai Mitchell (5) celebrates during the CFP National Championship game between the TCU Horned Frogs and the Georgia Bulldogs on January 09, 2023, at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA. (Photo by Jeffrey Vest/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)
By Seth Emerson
13m ago

ATHENS, Ga. — The transfer portal giveth, and the transfer portal taketh, as the Georgia football team, which just signed two other leading SEC receivers, is about to lose one of its own starting receivers for the second straight offseason: AD Mitchell plans to enter the portal, a source close to the team told The Athletic on Wednesday. Here’s what you need to know:

• Texas is a possible destination. Mitchell hails from Texas originally, although he spent his final year of high school in Nashville, Tenn.
  • It would be a significant loss for Georgia: Mitchell caught the game-winning touchdown pass in both this year’s College Football Playoff semifinal against Ohio State and last year’s national championship against Alabama. Mitchell missed almost all this season with a high ankle sprain but managed nine catches for 134 yards and three touchdowns, almost all of that in the two Playoff games and the season opener against Oregon.
  • But Georgia earlier signed Dominic Lovett, who led Missouri in catches and receiving yards, and Rara Thomas, who led Mississippi State in receiving yards. The Bulldogs are also set to return leading receiver Ladd McConkey, and All-America tight end Brock Bowers.

Why is Mitchell doing this?

It’s easy to pin it on Georgia signing Lovett and Thomas and the return of Bowers and the other receivers, which could cut into Mitchell’s numbers next year, which would be his final season in college if he enters the NFL Draft. That’s similar to why Jermaine Burton transferred from Georgia to Alabama after the 2021 season.

But Mitchell being from Texas also could be a factor. While the Longhorns are still looking for a receivers coach, they have freshman quarterback Arch Manning, whom Mitchell may have befriended when Georgia recruited him. (Quinn Ewers enters as the favorite to start for the Longhorns.)

Where does this leave Georgia?

It’s not ideal. Stetson Bennett last year said he thought Mitchell was the best receiver in the country. George Pickens called Mitchell the heir apparent to Pickens as Georgia’s next elite receiver. Mitchell has the build (6-foot-3) and skill set to make catches all over the field, helping stretch the offense for Bowers and inside receivers.

Georgia has also lost sixth-leading receiver Kearis Jackson to the NFL Draft and seventh-leading receiver Dominick Blaylock to the transfer portal.

But Georgia did win a lot of games and put up a lot of points in Mitchell’s absence this year: He went out with the high ankle sprain on the first series of Game 2, then didn’t return healthy enough to make a catch until the Peach Bowl.

Besides McConkey, Georgia is set to return junior Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint (29 catches for 337 yards and two touchdowns), speedster Arian Smith (seven catches for 198 yards and a long touchdown against Ohio State) and sophomore Dillon Bell (20 catches for 180 yards three touchdowns). And then Lovett and Thomas.

https://theathletic.com/4101544/2023/01/18/ad-mitchell-transfer-georgia-texas/?source=emp_shared_article

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oooh, post count smack! I'd guess rep smack would be the next lame attack you could make, but that probably wouldn't paint the picture you're looking to paint. 

I've got to tell you buddy, I'm not even close to the most successful guy on this website, by a damn sight but uh, yeah, I've got a pretty successful life by just about any metric you want to measure it...business is good, happily married to an attractive woman, working to be very present and good father to my kiddo. I'd feel pretty...prettaaaaaaay good about taking that pepsi challenge. 

And by the way, in my original post I wasn't referencing you as a guy who should be shipped off the Orangebloods, just the other two. But well, if you feel strongly about it...

Simms List GIF - Simms List - Discover & Share GIFs

Oh yeah? What about your rep to post count ratio huh? Clearly your rep to post count ratio currently sits at 1.98 rep points per post, and MINE is at a whopping 1.66 rep points per post.. clearly indicating that I am... a ... shittier.. poster. 

i-dont-know-what-i-expected-gif-10.gif.e

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Oh yeah? What about your rep to post count ratio huh? Clearly your rep to post count ratio currently sits at 1.98 rep points per post, and MINE is at a whopping 1.66 rep points per post.. clearly indicating that I am... a ... shittier.. poster. 

i-dont-know-what-i-expected-gif-10.gif.e

I'm with you buddy. We can't all be @Mitch Cumsteen. Or more accurately, married to his wife and using Surly as a blog about home furnishings. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm with you buddy. We can't all be @Mitch Cumsteen. Or more accurately, married to his wife and using Surly as a blog about home furnishings. 

We could if we moved to Utah, but I'm not really into the lifestyle. Or living in fucking Utah.

For the record, 99% of that was at the old site. If you really want to improve your posting sabermetrics  -- I boast an impressive 2.91 RPCR (rep per post count ratio) -- I suggest learning how to draw cartoon penises.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We could if we moved to Utah, but I'm not really into the lifestyle. Or living in fucking Utah.

For the record, 99% of that was at the old site. If you really want to improve your posting sabermetrics  -- I boast an impressive 2.91 RPCR (rep per post count ratio) -- I suggest learning how to draw cartoon penises.

This is true, even awful color blind attempts still please the surly masses. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oooh, post count smack! I'd guess rep smack would be the next lame attack you could make, but that probably wouldn't paint the picture you're looking to paint. 

I've got to tell you buddy, I'm not even close to the most successful guy on this website, by a damn sight but uh, yeah, I've got a pretty successful life by just about any metric you want to measure it...business is good, happily married to an attractive woman, working to be very present and good father to my kiddo. I'd feel pretty...prettaaaaaaay good about taking that pepsi challenge. 

And by the way, in my original post I wasn't referencing you as a guy who should be shipped off the Orangebloods, just the other two. But well, if you feel strongly about it...

You forgot incredibly attractive with a 9 inch schlong. 

19 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Those spring practice reports will be here before you know it!  

“Joe Cook on which early enrollees turned heads in practice today”

Wait until Worthy is catching "every ball thrown his way, and some thrown to Neyor, Cook and Mitchell too" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Nahlin is now claiming that his posts on Monday were referring to Mitchell submitting his paperwork to enter the portal. The announcement today was at the end of the 48-hour window.

So the idea is that UGA slow played him the full 48hrs to try and convince him to stay? That is pretty meh going to be standard protocol for most big transfers and I am guessing unless the player is just pissed, you wont see player tweets now until they are officially in the system.

• Hook 'Em 1

it’s nice to see players, who know that they are going to transfer, wait until they will be able to miss 2 weeks of classes before they submit their name in the portal.

We must only be targeting top students if we are going after players who can miss that much school before arriving to full-time off-season training schedules and a campus that they will need to learn to navigate.

CF0357B1-5C84-413D-B25E-0747CD09EBBB.jpeg.a0bb73c70fa8bfb39aa802ee6a823188.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

stripes lighten GIF

Really?? Nobody posted this yet. Slacking motherfuckers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

simms-list.gif

But how many mattress scales do you own?