2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

6 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

If we're making predictions:

• 11 is still the base. Worthy will be the motion man
  • We still see a lot of 12 and a healthy amount of Jumbo TE
  • We won't see much 10 but we will see more empty

Mitchell lets Sark run the offense he wants but he's not going to change what that offense is. Sark had 4 1st round receivers at Bama and still ran 11 with a lot of 12. 

I'm pretty sure 12 Personnel is the base Personnel grouping in Sark's offense. But I do expect 11 Personnel to be the base next season based on how the offense looked in the Alamo bowl game.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I'm pretty sure 12 Personnel is the base Personnel grouping in Sark's offense. But I do expect 11 Personnel to be the base next season based on how the offense looked in the Alamo bowl game.

The Alamo Bowl game plan was created with RB1 & RB2 sitting out, RB3, a scat back, and RB4 needing sports hernia surgery.

I would not use the Alamo Bowl game plan for anything other than wiping my ass on a camping trip.

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Motherfucker I brush my teeth every morning in the shadow of a gigantic ceramic crab. You don't think I'm ashamed?

Is this a Shell of Shame for a “gift” that was given to her early in the relationship? 

44 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

21 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The Alamo Bowl game plan was created with RB1 & RB2 sitting out, RB3, a scat back, and RB4 needing sports hernia surgery.

I would not use the Alamo Bowl game plan for anything other than wiping my ass on a camping trip.

Is this a Shell of Shame for a “gift” that was given to her early in the relationship? 

Speaking of the Alamo Bowl - If AD Mitchell joins the fold, one would assume Casey Cain is probably portal bound in the Spring window, yes? Cain's not ahead of a healthy Neyor or AD Mitchell, and Cook is probably better as a true freshman. Granted, there is a real possibility Texas loses four receivers after this upcoming season (Whittington is gone, Worthy probably leaves, and Neyor and Mitchell might leave with a decent seasons). The room is potentially looking devoid of proven talent. They'll obviously hit the portal hard next year, and I'm not sure there is sufficient NIL incentives for a JAGy guy who projects as the fifth or sixth-best WR in the room this year.

Edited by MuellerHorn

10 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Speaking of the Alamo Bowl - If AD Mitchell joins the fold, one would assume Casey Cain is probably portal bound in the Spring window, yes? Cain's not ahead of a healthy Neyor or AD Mitchell, and Cook is probably better as a true freshman. Granted, there is a real possibility Texas loses four receivers after this upcoming season (Whittington is gone, Worthy probably leaves, and Neyor and Mitchell might leave with a decent seasons). The room is potentially looking devoid of proven talent. They'll obviously hit the portal hard next year, and I'm not sure there is sufficient NIL incentives for a JAGy guy who projects as the fifth or sixth-best WR in the room this year.

It’ll take him 4.8 months to get there

53 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Fuck, just hope that Whittington, Neyor, and Mitchell can stay healthy. Anything else is icing.

But I also wouldn't say the room next year will be devoid of proven talent when Thompson, Red, Cook, Niblett, and Moore will be at least 1 year in the system. We have seen what a difference 1 year as made for the majority of the roster.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, D3zii said:

From what some was saying he was WR #1 for the upcoming year

As good as I think Mitchell is, Dominic Lovett and RaRa Thomas are better than him. He was the going to be the #4 receiving option at best on that team behind those two and McConkey who they seem to love.

I'm sure they were telling him he would be the #1 receiver in an effort to keep him.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hudson Standish, in the AD Mitchell thread.

image.thumb.png.5dbdad9cc3ffebc61c0b30e976bdb4de.png

image.thumb.png.637ee0ba89f990d29bda0c2d9b626c1d.png

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Where did Michael Cera learn that you can cover recruiting with personality and joie de vivre, because it definitely wasn't from Roach.

Is that really a pic of Michael Cera in Hudson's avatar or nah? Becuz I always get confused going back & forth between Hudson's Avatar and seeing Hudson in the YouTube videos of the Horns247 Recruiting podcast.

I keep thinking Hudson lost weight becuz of his avatar than I'd tune into the latest Horns247 Recruiting podcast video & Hudson is portly with glasses again.

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Where did Michael Cera learn that you can cover recruiting with personality and joie de vivre, because it definitely wasn't from Roach.

Probably from the same bon vivant who instilled in him the je ne sais quoi that makes him, well, tolerable.

16 minutes ago, D3zii said:

From what some was saying he was WR #1 for the upcoming year

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

As good as I think Mitchell is, Dominic Lovett and RaRa Thomas are better than him. He was the going to be the #4 receiving option at best on that team behind those two and McConkey who they seem to love.

I'm sure they were telling him he would be the #1 receiver in an effort to keep him.

Don't forget that 12 Personnel seems to be UGA's base Personnel grouping, so that probably made matters worse.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

and all those guys are behind Bowers.

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don't think a healthy Mitchell was going to buried on Georgia's depth chart. He was very, very good when on the field there. 

Georgia fans seem to believe they brought Lovett/Thomas in to replace Mitchell as opposed to recruiting over him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NevaLost said:

I don't think a healthy Mitchell was going to buried on Georgia's depth chart. He was very, very good when on the field there. 

Georgia fans seem to believe they brought Lovett/Thomas in to replace Mitchell as opposed to recruiting over him. 

That’s what it seemed like to me as well

I’m flabbergasted. The largest airports in the region where there’s a gun culture of never be without one?  Stunning. 
Even so, it takes a special kind of unaware (stupid more likely) to pack one in checked baggage, much less bring one inside an airport.

23 minutes ago, NevaLost said:

I think this is the strong form example of efficient market hypothesis for the portal. All information public and non public was accounted for and Georgia clearly acted upon their belief of said information resulting in Lovett/Thomas acquisition.  Texas operating under same flow of information equally benefits in this senario.

11 minutes ago, Knewk210 said:

I think this is the strong form example of efficient market hypothesis for the portal. All information public and non public was accounted for and Georgia clearly acted upon their belief of said information resulting in Lovett/Thomas acquisition.  Texas operating under same flow of information equally benefits in this senario.

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

This stuff will continue to be an issue in the NIL/portal era

Yep, and I’m surprised at the implication raised with Sanders voicing those concerns. I would think he’d be a priority to keep happy (over and above the generous lifestyle afforded to him by Burnt Endz, of course). 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. Sanders wasn’t complaining when he was getting cash as a freshman while redshirting. 

I’ll take our locker room over others right now, however, to be sure. 

For sure, and this is no different than corporate life when the new guy is making more than the guy who has stuck around. 

Just an interesting new dynamic that the coaches have to deal with

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

For sure, and this is no different than corporate life when the new guy is making more than the guy who has stuck around. 

Just an interesting new dynamic that the coaches have to deal with

These kids are just going to have to get used to it. It will most likely happen to them for the rest of their lives, in or out of football. I've been on both sides of it several times.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

This stuff will continue to be an issue in the NIL/portal era

Hey Mo, one dude just caught 2 TDs in the CFP while you’re struggling to get starter reps on a team that had no LB depth.

Texas is one of the few schools trying to create a baseline for every player regardless of you even have an impact on the program.  You don’t get big big bucks for being below average in your job in the real world.  How about you put in the work and then the NIL stuff will come.

As for Sanders, I’m pretty sure the dude is already getting NIL money and probably more than other programs for the TE positions.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Blackwell is one of those guys who might decide to test the portal and realize quickly “oh, fuck” when the best offer he gets is like $25k to go to SMU or Arizona State. Making a few tackles on special teams and in a late game or two for a tweener isn’t going to inspire a payday, dude. 

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

This shit right here. If they really want to be on a winning team, they're going to have to get over this type of thing. On a smaller scale, I had to go through it when I swam for UT. Men's swimming only gets 9.5 scholarships to divide amongst the entire team, so full-rides weren't really a thing. Because of that, the scholarship guys on the team only had a partial scholarship which meant there was constant comparing of who had 75% vs who had 25% etc. As an upperclassman, you may be an established asset on the team and then find out an incoming guy is going to be on a bigger partial scholarship than you. The older guys had to be mature enough to realize "Hey, that kid is going to help our team win, so I'm glad we did what it took to get him here". I know this is nothing compared to the millions of NIL dollars floating around, but the concept is generally the same. 

Yeah, I don't think most people realize how few are on full rides in the non-revenue generating sports. Even baseball has a lot of partials

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Blackwell is one of those guys who might decide to test the portal and realize quickly “oh, fuck” when the best offer he gets is like $25k to go to SMU or Arizona State. Making a few tackles on special teams and in a late game or two for a tweener isn’t going to inspire a payday, dude. 

And showing up and working hard in practice doesn’t get you paid either.  Results on the field for guys like him.