2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

3 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Sugars

Is Sugars still around? I worked at Pappasito's across the freeway from there for a few years. Sito's remains my favorite job of all-time. Part of the reason? All of the hot coworkers attending Texas, Texas State, ACC, and the like.

A byproduct of the Sugars being nearby is that some of them would occasionally realize that their tips at Sito's weren't going to pay the rent, and then they're suddenly "cocktailing" some of the time at Sugars. On more than one occasion, we'd go over there on a scouting mission only to discover, shockingly, that "cocktailing at Sugars" apparently involved getting naked and doing lap dances. Certainly brought down some barriers when it came to getting to know them better, I know that. Ahhhhh, good times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Still sounds like a you problem

We all have an obligation to ourselves and the community at large, whatever and wherever that community may be, to put our best foot forward, however valuable that may be on an individual level. Surely a rugged individualist like yourself can grasp that.

It is in that vein in which a troll is actually not only violating that inherent social contract with the rest of the community, but obligating the rest of the community to do its level best to prevent a troll's proliferation of their disingenuous nonsense. Those who enable the troll, wittingly or obliviously, are achieving no greater a level in performance and behavior than the troll his or herself. 

It is under that simple reality in our forum jungle rule-of-law that dipshits like yourself should shut the fuck up. I would rather begin a crowdsourcing effort against clowns like you that stir the pot for said banal dipshit than pursue the dipshit troll himself. Same for the idiots quoting the stumblefuck. It's not a "you" problem, it's an "us" problem. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Her parents spelled her name "Aimee". She never had a chance. I assume she got to campus, looked for work, found The Yellow Rose and her calling, and never looked back.

Not to screw with stripper talk, but Aimee is a relatively common French name, often as Aimée. Though maybe all the Aimees become strippers in France, idk. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We all have an obligation to ourselves and the community at large, whatever and wherever that community may be, to put our best foot forward, however valuable that may be on an individual level. Surely a rugged individualist like yourself can grasp that.

It is in that vein in which a troll is actually not only violating that inherent social contract with the rest of the community, but obligating the rest of the community to do its level best to prevent a troll's proliferation of their disingenuous nonsense. Those who enable the troll, wittingly or obliviously, are achieving no greater a level in performance and behavior than the troll his or herself. 

It is under that simple reality in our forum jungle rule-of-law that dipshits like yourself should shut the fuck up. I would rather begin a crowdsourcing effort against clowns like you that stir the pot for said banal dipshit than pursue the dipshit troll himself. Same for the idiots quoting the stumblefuck. It's not a "you" problem, it's an "us" problem. 

• Haha 1

I understand that Dr. Haole isn’t stanning for futurman but for other posters’ freedom to post as they wish, which includes quoting and responding to futureman.

but it’s my right, and some may even say responsibility, to neg or otherwise chastise those posters as providing content I don’t want. So I have done. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

Time for sharing….Going on 20 years ago when I got divorced, a buddy of mine, Charlie,  and I went to Sugars at 11 AM on like a Wednesday. I had decided to have a fire sale on everything my ex wife and I owned- house, car, furniture. This was also the first day that the house was on the market.  My real estate agent was trying to show my house, but could not get in touch with me. He ended up sending his assistant, who came to get my keys, but ended up getting a few lap dances and drinks instead (They ended up selling the house to that buyer). Charlie and I spent hours with one kind, older stripper on the weekday lunch shift.  We spent…. a lot. Charlie and I walked out into the bright early afternoon sunshine only to meet the manager,  who was waiting outside for us. She called us a cab. We got in the cab, and had the cabbie make one round out of the parking lot, and then drop us off next door. Giggling, we snuck up to my car, only to find the manager sitting on my car hood, again waiting for us.  Thank God for her. She called another cab. Got home and piled all of my exs clothes together, and urinated all over them, while stirring them with a coat hanger (see revenge of the nerds for the inspiration). It was at that point, I knew I was gonna be ok.  Everyone needs a buddy named Charlie who is down for that lunchtime strip club when you need it.

There’s something valuable about daylight savings time and coming out of a bar blotto and having the sun still be up. Whether that value is prompting increased introspection about one’s life choices or the decision that there’s still plenty of drinking time left in the day is left as an exercise for the reader. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

Time for sharing….Going on 20 years ago when I got divorced, a buddy of mine, Charlie,  and I went to Sugars at 11 AM on like a Wednesday. I had decided to have a fire sale on everything my ex wife and I owned- house, car, furniture. This was also the first day that the house was on the market.  My real estate agent was trying to show my house, but could not get in touch with me. He ended up sending his assistant, who came to get my keys, but ended up getting a few lap dances and drinks instead (They ended up selling the house to that buyer). Charlie and I spent hours with one kind, older stripper on the weekday lunch shift.  We spent…. a lot. Charlie and I walked out into the bright early afternoon sunshine only to meet the manager,  who was waiting outside for us. She called us a cab. We got in the cab, and had the cabbie make one round out of the parking lot, and then drop us off next door. Giggling, we snuck up to my car, only to find the manager sitting on my car hood, again waiting for us.  Not her first rodeo, and thank God for her. She called another cab. Got home and piled all of my exs clothes together, and urinated all over them, while stirring them with a coat hanger (see revenge of the nerds for the inspiration). It was at that point, I knew I was gonna be ok.  Everyone needs a buddy named Charlie, who is down for that lunchtime strip club when you need it.

Now I get the user name. 

And do you know @F250?

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

There’s something valuable about daylight savings time and coming out of a bar blotto and having the sun still be up. Whether that value is prompting increased introspection about one’s life choices or the decision that there’s still plenty of drinking time left in the day is left as an exercise for the reader. 

The comedian Larry Miller used to do a bit about staying out drinking all night with friends then walking out to the dawn. Said the sun was like God’s flashlight judging you. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

The comedian Larry Miller used to do a bit about staying out drinking all night with friends then walking out to the dawn. Said the sun was like God’s flashlight judging you. 

See, I never felt bad about walking out into the dawn. Walking out of a bar/restaurant/strip club into a 105° Texas late afternoon/early evening when it was still light outside, well… 

That bit sounds good. Maybe YouTube will hook me up. 

26 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

Time for sharing….Going on 20 years ago when I got divorced, a buddy of mine, Charlie,  and I went to Sugars at 11 AM on like a Wednesday. I had decided to have a fire sale on everything my ex wife and I owned- house, car, furniture. This was also the first day that the house was on the market.  My real estate agent was trying to show my house, but could not get in touch with me. He ended up sending his assistant, who came to get my keys, but ended up getting a few lap dances and drinks instead (They ended up selling the house to that buyer). Charlie and I spent hours with one kind, older stripper on the weekday lunch shift.  We spent…. a lot. Charlie and I walked out into the bright early afternoon sunshine only to meet the manager,  who was waiting outside for us. She called us a cab. We got in the cab, and had the cabbie make one round out of the parking lot, and then drop us off next door. Giggling, we snuck up to my car, only to find the manager sitting on my car hood, again waiting for us.  Not her first rodeo, and thank God for her. She called another cab. Got home and piled all of my exs clothes together, and urinated all over them, while stirring them with a coat hanger (see revenge of the nerds for the inspiration). It was at that point, I knew I was gonna be ok.  Everyone needs a buddy named Charlie, who is down for that lunchtime strip club when you need it.

Wait, is your friend named Charlie a Vietnamese man by chance?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Is Sugars still around? I worked at Pappasito's across the freeway from there for a few years. Sito's remains my favorite job of all-time. Part of the reason? All of the hot coworkers attending Texas, Texas State, ACC, and the like.

A byproduct of the Sugars being nearby is that some of them would occasionally realize that their tips at Sito's weren't going to pay the rent, and then they're suddenly "cocktailing" some of the time at Sugars. On more than one occasion, we'd go over there on a scouting mission only to discover, shockingly, that "cocktailing at Sugars" apparently involved getting naked and doing lap dances. Certainly brought down some barriers when it came to getting to know them better, I know that. Ahhhhh, good times. 

I worked there for a year, still my favorite job I’ve ever had.  Having a call bar when your staff is made up of college students was probably not the best decision by Chris and Harris 

4 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

No matter what you do your first semester, you still get a second semester on probation if you want it.  

Technically not always true.

There was a time when people who didn’t have the grades or the test scores could atttend UT for a provisional summer school double session.

If you enjoyed the summer a little too much, your summer after high school just may be your only semester at UT. (Discovered that a friend’s sister didn’t quite make it into UT and after one summer when to a college that even today had a 70% acceptance rate.)

If that semester is a summer, that may already be the probationary semester.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Her parents spelled her name "Aimee". She never had a chance. I assume she got to campus, looked for work, found The Yellow Rose and her calling, and never looked back.

2 hours ago, LOHorn said:

Not to screw with stripper talk, but Aimee is a relatively common French name, often as Aimée. Though maybe all the Aimees become strippers in France, idk. 

This!

If you have taken French 1 even half as many times as I have, you know this. 

Hell, even the people who have taken French 1 a fourth of as many times as I have, you’re going to know this. (Or if you know any people from Louisiana.)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Would love to know what Freshwater told the kid re. aggy on his visit.

It would not surprise me one bit if there were designated informants just far enough removed from the coach to allow plausible deniability to tell jokes to recruits about Jimbo and his domestic life, among other embarrassing and entertaining stories.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

It would not surprise me one bit if there were designated informants just far enough removed from the coach to allow plausible deniability to tell jokes to recruits about Jimbo and his domestic life, among other embarrassing and entertaining stories.

I’m looking for a moonlighting side gig. How do I apply for this one?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

44 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m looking for a moonlighting side gig. How do I apply for this one?

Sheepishly.

3 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

I used to hang out at a bar that was only open to the hospitality industry.

It opened at 2AM and closed at 7AM and served liquor.

Walking out of that bar at 7AM into the already hot and brutal sun in the summers was a life changing moment.

You'd swear you'd never do it again.
Until the next time a few days later.

• Hook 'Em 1