2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

37 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Pretty good chance the top 4 could potentially be gone after next year so really need about 4 blowouts to get Cook, Red and Moore some game reps (with Arch??). Hopefully Sark lets his nuts hang on the B12 on the way out and allows our young guys to get true game reps, not just run out the clock for the last quarter and half. 

This is why I don't think we're done at WR. Cook can probably play on Day 1, but that's not ideal. Texas needs another experienced WR especially in the event that Mitchell, Neyor, Whittington, and Worthy all simultaneously leave (which is why I hope the staff continues recruiting Gary Bryant, Jr.).

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sounds like a problem for a year from now. Also people still holding delusions Arch is going to play next year? 

If Arch sees the field in 2023, either things went extremely well or things went extremely awry.

43 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Pretty good chance the top 4 could potentially be gone after next year so really need about 4 blowouts to get Cook, Red and Moore some game reps (with Arch??). Hopefully Sark lets his nuts hang on the B12 on the way out and allows our young guys to get true game reps, not just run out the clock for the last quarter and half. 

Plus WR is the position with the most consistent talented Portal availability. 

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

This is why I don't think we're done at WR. Cook can probably play on Day 1, but that's not ideal. Texas needs another experienced WR especially in the event that Mitchell, Neyor, Whittington, and Worthy all simultaneously leave (which is why I hope the staff continues recruiting Gary Bryant, Jr.).

We will for sure need 2-3 from the portal next offseason.

16 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Four players from the portal, four starters. Is that good? That seems good. 

Am I the only one not immediately writing AD starting in ink? The dude has like 600 career yards, only 20 ypg the last three games of this season. I won't be surprised if Neyor starts over him.

Also don't think Holmes is likely to start. He'd have to beat Brooks (and MM).

With that said, yes these 4 portal takes do seem very good.

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Am I the only one not immediately writing AD starting in ink? The dude has like 600 career yards, only 20 ypg the last three games of this season. I won't be surprised if Neyor starts over him.

Not writing it in ink, but he was hobbled most of the year. It seems like he’s won more 50/50 balls than the entire Texas team. I’ll using a really hard to erase pencil. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I’m also not writing it in ink because this is 2023 and I use a computer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

You are over thinking this. AD is one of the three best receivers the minute he steps on campus. 

• Hook 'Em 2

When healthy, he’s started basically every game for the two-time defending national champs, but who are we to say if he’s good enough to start for us.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

true, but all 4 are starter level players at Texas. All could end up starting. If they dont(without injury) that is very high quality depth and we desperately need that so we can spell a starter. We couldnt do that vs TT when they went for it on 4th down 10 times. When Neyor went out we didnt have a 3rd WR ready. Neyor will be exactly 1 year removed from surgery. If its a straight ACL, physically he should be good to at for fall practice. The thing with most of the bigger injuries is trusting it mentally, that takes time. Brooks/Holmes/Watts will be great competition. Manny is good depth but we want to avoid freshmen having to play, thats what healthy programs do unless that Fr is just that good. 

2 hours ago, TheContractor said:

true, but all 4 are starter level players at Texas. All could end up starting. If they dont(without injury) that is very high quality depth and we desperately need that so we can spell a starter. We couldnt do that vs TT when they went for it on 4th down 10 times. When Neyor went out we didnt have a 3rd WR ready. Neyor will be exactly 1 year removed from surgery. If its a straight ACL, physically he should be good to at for fall practice. The thing with most of the bigger injuries is trusting it mentally, that takes time. Brooks/Holmes/Watts will be great competition. Manny is good depth but we want to avoid freshmen having to play, thats what healthy programs do unless that Fr is just that good. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, RabidM said:

In the comments Hooks said this was a pre-injury workout.  If he can get his form back, he's a freak athlete. 

He, Whitt, Jones, Gbenda and Sorrell were working out today at some Pilates place. They were doing box jumps and shit. He is working his ass off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/20/2023 at 11:25 PM, UDontKnow said:

I'm likely in the minority here, but I think Texas should continue to pursue this WR: https://www.on3.com/db/gary-bryant-jr-45189/

Texas could use every guy that can consistently catch back shoulder throws. Neyor is a wildcard due to injury. As excited as we are to get AD Mitchell, he missed most of this past season due to a high ankle sprain. Worthy may enter the portal again or decide to continue not putting effort into making catches. Whittington also has extensive injury history and generally runs with the ball better than he catches it. Brenen Thompson might still not be ready for the first step.

Username and such.

On 1/21/2023 at 9:54 AM, EZ$ said:

Thank goodness for Next year’s portal , a we will likely be very active for a WR if we lose all those guys

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

Thank goodness for Next year’s portal , a we will likely be very active for a WR if we lose all those guys

Well, we would have Thompson, Red, Cook, Niblett, and Moore with experience. While likely bringing in another great WR class. Sarkisian has said he prefers 8-10 WRs in the room. That's 5 right there not even counting Cain and Alexis.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Well, we would have Thompson, Red, Cook, Niblett, and Moore with experience. While likely bringing in another great WR class. Sarkisian has said he prefers 8-10 WRs in the room. That's 5 right there not even counting Cain and Alexis.

I think he said the opposite of this.  I believe when Sark came in he referenced the scholarship numbers being way off and the fact we had too many receivers.  

37 minutes ago, TexTexTex said:

I think he said the opposite of this.  I believe when Sark came in he referenced the scholarship numbers being way off and the fact we had too many receivers.  

Yeah, because Texas had like 13-15 on the roster or had up to some point in the near past before Herman left. Sarkisian wants 8-10 and has said so. Texas now has 11 on its roster, so I'm curious to see if a couple of guys are gone after the spring. I would Alexis needs to make a big move to be any sort of factor. Not sure who else would be at risk, but obviously Neyor's full recovery heading into the season has at least a little bit of risk on it as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, because Texas had like 13-15 on the roster or had up to some point in the near past before Herman left. Sarkisian wants 8-10 and has said so. Texas now has 11 on its roster, so I'm curious to see if a couple of guys are gone after the spring. I would Alexis needs to make a big move to be any sort of factor. Not sure who else would be at risk, but obviously Neyor's full recovery heading into the season has at least a little bit of risk on it as well. 

I think Alexis is pretty much a lock to be gone in the spring window or forcibly medically retired if he wants to finish out his degree. Cain could easily transfer once Mitchell and Neyor get back on the field. But, we could have a legitimate 2 deep with a 4 wide set for the first time in ages. 

X - Mitchell, Cain/Moore

Slot1 - Worthy, Thompson

Slot 2 - Whittington, Red

Z - Neyor, Cook

I am sure they will shuffle guys around in 3 wide sets, but a consistent rotation of Mitchell, Worthy, Neyor*, and Whittington, with some quality snaps for Thompson and Cook seems like a very good thing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Somebody posted on 247 ... recruiting related?  Staff/WR coach related?  Or is his wife pulling a Michelle and pushing him out the door? 

user generated

user generated

C'mon Surly figured out the curtains from Horseshoe Bay, how have we not geolocated this yet??

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Somebody posted on 247 ... recruiting related?  Staff/WR coach related?  Or is his wife pulling a Michelle and pushing him out the door? 

user generated

user generated

Not going to Arizona. My guess based on the sun’s position ,assuming early morning ,they are headed North of Austin. The right wing looks like a non swept straight wing with a vortex generator for short field landings at smaller airfields . Guessing a King Air C90 for very short trips like Waco or Temple?

• Hook 'Em 3