2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Of course someone like Tommy fucking Tuberville is tone deaf enough to fail to understand the optics of "we want to put more controls around these (often black and often from lower income household) athletes and limit their rights and earning potential artificially compared to the rest of society. mostly, we want to do this because we just want things to go back to the way they used to be (he damned near says this verbatim). we're doing all of this also because these boys and girls are just too stupid to understand how hard it is to graduate college in the first place, so we have to do their thinking for them."

That’s a winning re-election strategy in Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I asked Coach (Charlie) Weis at KU and Coach (Dana) Holgorsen at West Virginia (the same question), just so I know my relationship with them...(Tuberville) was just telling me he coached at Miami and Auburn, he coached 10 years and recruited Ray Lewis and kind of blew the question off I didn’t even realize.

The waitress brought our food out, and we thought (Tuberville) went to the bathroom, but he never came back to dinner. Then next thing I know, the next day, he made an announcement that he’s going to Cincinnati.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Of course someone like Tommy fucking Tuberville is tone deaf enough to fail to understand the optics of "we want to put more controls around these (often black and often from lower income household) athletes and limit their rights and earning potential artificially compared to the rest of society. mostly, we want to do this because we just want things to go back to the way they used to be (he damned near says this verbatim). we're doing all of this also because these boys and girls are just too stupid to understand how hard it is to graduate college in the first place, so we have to do their thinking for them."

They understand the optics. Feature, not a bug.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Alabama and Auburn donors are worried but they have Senator Tommy Tubs on the case. He's introducing a bill to address NIL and curtail transfers. Article is behind a paywall, but here's the key graph:

He is about as dumb as they come.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Getafix said:

I'm plagiarizing this for my epitaph.

image.png.d043ef91abb86ecdb43bfd5712894b44.png

I think this is what he was going for? Maybe he just found out Bryan Kelley was a dick. 
Definition of 'consolement' aka consoulment

1. the act of consoling or state of being consoled; solace. 2. a person or thing that is a source of comfort in a time of suffering, grief, disappointment, etc.

28 minutes ago, Vertigo said:
I think this is what he was going for? Maybe he just found out Bryan Kelley was a dick. 
Definition of 'consolement' aka consoulment

1. the act of consoling or state of being consoled; solace. 2. a person or thing that is a source of comfort in a time of suffering, grief, disappointment, etc.

I think the root word he was aiming at was counsel.

2 hours ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Screenshot_20230301_202509_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.fd2287e7fb228765fa27ba8723a9f78b.jpg

And here's the output:

Dear [Coach/Recruiter],

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to express my sincere gratitude for your efforts in recruiting me to your college football team. I am humbled by the time and energy you invested in me, and I am honored that you saw potential in me as a player.

After careful consideration and thought, I have decided to decommit from your football program. This was not an easy decision for me to make, but I believe it is the best choice for my future. Please know that my decision was not a reflection of your program or your coaching staff. I have the utmost respect for your team and the hard work that you all put in day in and day out.

I want to give a special shoutout to [Coach/Recruiter name], who first approached me about playing for your team. Your belief in my abilities and your guidance throughout the recruitment process was invaluable. I also want to thank [Assistant Coach/Recruiter name] for taking the time to answer all of my questions and concerns about the program. Your honesty and transparency meant a lot to me.

Finally, I want to thank the entire coaching staff and recruitment team for their dedication to building a successful football program. I have no doubt that your program will continue to thrive and produce talented players.

Thank you again for your time and consideration. I am grateful for the opportunity that you have given me, and I wish you and your team all the best in the future.

Sincerely,

[Your name]

How To Survive Automation. Where's your place in the future of… | by Sam  Brinson | OneZero

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2023 at 12:38 PM, Hornlover said:

I count 3.

#10 Ole Miss CB Davison Igbinosun - https://247sports.com/Player/Davison-Igbinosun-46098934/

#21 Georgia CB Jaheim Singletary - https://247sports.com/Player/Jaheim-Singletary-46082114/

#38 Kentucky OT Kiyaunta Goodwin - https://247sports.com/Player/Kiyaunta-Goodwin-46056042/

There goes Singletary. That's all of them off the board.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

You do realize that those two went to Utah, and not Utah State, right?

*sigh* I just zoomed right past that "State" in the tweet. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

He also thinks they owe us for Steve Sarkisian and Taysom Hill. Basically, Vertigo fucking hates colleges in the state of Utah. 

You're not wrong