2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

To be fair it was shitting on his effort and ball tracking before friday night....

I'll take my chances of him improving his ball tracking in an offseason vs the alternative of trying to replace him.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Like 1

He’s a Cali kid. If he can go there and make money, be closer to home and in that offense it’s almost more of a shock to stay at Texas. Worked for us with Ewers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• closetojumping changed the title to 2023 Transfer Thread - Bend Over and I’ll Show You
16 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

how you going to improve his lack of effort/not finishing?

What? I swear y’all wouldn’t be satisfied until Worthy laid out on the field only to see the ball bounce 2 yards in front of him. Not sure who started this group think nonsense but there is no lack of effort on Worthy’s part. The deep balls aren’t catchable. Worthy is doing his part beating his man and most times a safety too. His QB can’t get him the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

What? I swear y’all wouldn’t be satisfied until Worthy laid out on the field only to see the ball bounce 2 yards in front of him. Not sure who started this group think nonsense but there is no lack of effort on Worthy’s part. The deep balls aren’t catchable. Worthy is doing his part beating his man and most times a safety too. His QB can’t get him the ball. 

Better than watching him pull up and the ball landing 2-3 yards in front of him. He makes no effort to adjust to those balls either. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Yeah... this is just not accurate.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Those guys were getting that shit from Ketch and Anwar earlier today.. now they all are parroting each other on twitter..  found it's way to this board now too.

How many of you idiots clicked the play button as much as I did?

• Haha 1

I’m not sure you’re going to get your chances. Worthy might wind up thinking he’s worth more than Texas does. If USC wants to idiotically offer him a big payday again, there’s a strong shot that Texas uses its funding in other directions.  

USC needs to spend that money on defensive players.

Friday night- "What a guy Worthy is donating to that GoFundMe" "leader" "selfless" "cares about his teammates"
*loses football game and drops a pass*
Monday- "Selfish. Get him on the next plane to LA for all I care. ThIs TeAm Is BeTtEr OfF wItHoUt HiM"

The separation between this board and Texags can sometimes come down to color scheme and fuck vs. frick.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Both things are true.  Worthy is a is a good player with the potential to be an elite player.  He also has holes in his game that are holding both him and our offense back.  NIL money is great and all but he's got a lot of work to do to maximize his draft status which, long term, is where his focus should be.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

The biggest person holding the offense back is Ewers. If he plays better, everything else falls into place. Not sure how Worthy became the biggest issue all of a sudden, all this Worthy isn’t running hard enough or not tracking balls better resolves itself when his QB starts throwing a better ball. Doesn’t even have to be perfect just get it in the vicinity of your wide open receiver.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

The biggest person holding the offense back is Ewers. If he plays better, everything else falls into place. Not sure how Worthy became the biggest issue all of a sudden, all this Worthy isn’t running hard enough or not tracking balls better resolves itself when his QB starts throwing a better ball. Doesn’t even have to be perfect just get it in the vicinity of your wide open receiver.

Their coach is the real problem

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m not sure you’re going to get your chances. Worthy might wind up thinking he’s worth more than Texas does. If USC wants to idiotically offer him a big payday again, there’s a strong shot that Texas uses its funding in other directions.  

How fixed do you think NIL budgets will be going forward? In other words, is it a true tradeoff between Worthy vs using that money elsewhere or would Worthy's NIL money just expand the budget because he's a big name? 

Bc while Worthy is our best WR by far, I'd probably rather have 2-3 "Neyors" instead of him for the same money. That's how you have to evaluate free agents in the NFL but maybe not in college. Idk.

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

It’s hard to watch the last several games and be heartbroken at the thought of Worthy leaving. No matter who is at fault, the guy is not a difference maker for us anymore. 

A guy who leads the conference in TD catches despite suspect QB play all year is not a difference maker?

Man, some of y'all are down bad.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

It’s hard to watch the last several games and be heartbroken at the thought of Worthy leaving. No matter who is at fault, the guy is not a difference maker for us anymore. 

He has 21 touchdowns over the last 2 seasons, second only to Bijan at 23. Maybe he leaves some meat on the bone, but he’s certainly the best we have by a mile. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I have zero issue with this. "Dive and Save" type cash plays rarely work to keep people happy. If USC wants to break the bank for him then he'd as effectively a free agent would be stupid not to take the $. (and based on his effort/fight on most routes Texas would be crazy to throw a ton of $ at him)

27 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

A guy who leads the conference in TD catches despite suspect QB play all year is not a difference maker?

Since Quinn came back, Worthy's production between the 20s has fallen off. He gets more looks in the redzone though. His longest TD reception was 44 yards off that nonsense tipped ball against WVU. Card hit him for a 39 yard TD against Tech though.

Maybe having Worthy as a roommate and having him bitch about his stats to Ewers all day isn't for the best.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

He has 21 touchdowns over the last 2 seasons, second only to Bijan at 23. Maybe he leaves some meat on the bone, but he’s certainly the best we have by a mile. 

He production is falling. Averaging 9 targets/game this year and 8.7 last year. 

Catch rate was 59.6% in 2021 and it is 48.9% this year

yards per target are down to 6.5 from 9.43 last year.. been above 7 yds per target 4 times this year (Bama, Tech, WV, and ISU). 

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

yards per target are down to 6.5 from 9.43 last year.. been above 7 yds per target 4 times this year (Bama, Tech, WV, and ISU). 

sophomore slump?

12 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It’s almost like his QB has been playing like shit.

Seriously, Worthy’s production dropping this year from last year when he had Casey Thompson and Hudson Card throwing to him all season, who is that a bigger indictment of? Worthy or Ewers?

25 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

It’s almost like his QB has been playing like shit.

Seriously, Worthy’s production dropping this year from last year when he had Casey Thompson and Hudson Card throwing to him all season, who is that a bigger indictment of? Worthy or Ewers?

He has never had a high catch rate, what is missing is the big game he had last year. He hasnt had anything like the game vs OU. That was 23 yards per target, it is a huge outlier.  Even the Kansas game was 23 targets, 15 catches, and 152 yards or 6.6 yards per. The biggest issue for me is not this debate on Worthy or Ewers, it is the fact that Texas is forcing the ball his direction. 37 targets the last 3 games for 12 catches and 152 yards. I would guess getting more people involved would make him and Ewers more productive, especially when he can not dominate a match-up (like vs Tomlinson). Get guys like Sanders more involved, as he has a 70% catch rate and 7.9 per target this year. I should not have mentioned this though, this is the transfer thread.. my bad

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’m sure you meant to write that second sentence in English. But if you factor in we target the guy about 976,678 factorial times a game, it really throws a wet blanket on aggregate touchdown stats. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

I’m sure you meant to write that second sentence in English. But if you factor in we target the guy about 976,678 factorial times a game, it really throws a wet blanket on aggregate touchdown stats. 

He’s averaging .3 more targets per game than he saw last year. 9 targets per game isn’t outrageous for a #1 wideout.

Dude couldn't catch AIDS if he fell into a vat  of needles. If he goes, I guess bye. Hopefully we have someone lined up, but I also think some rando is being a pussy and Worthy isn't transferring to USC. That's some stupid shit to say a day or two after the game that no one should believe, ever. Wake me up when the season is over and he's actually done it. 

8 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Case in point, the dpi call in the 4th quarter.

Go back and watch it. 10:17 in the 4th.

As soon as he is interfered with by tcu, Worthy stops looking for the ball. He doesn't really break stride, though he may not be top speed, just completely quits on the play in anticipation of the penalty.

The ball landed on the front pylon, well within an arms reach of Worthy if he doesn't give up. Worthy could have easily caught that ball for a TD. It was a good pass by Ewers.

He gave up on the whole play too early.