2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

Is Worthy’s beef NIL-based? Haven’t been following, but it’s not like he’s uninvolved in our offense. If anything, Ewers/Sark cater to him more than they should given other weapons (JWhitt/Sanders). I could understand being frustrated with the general QB play, but it seems super odd to be disgruntled with a young, ascending program outside of Ewers.

2 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

Is Worthy’s beef NIL-based? Haven’t been following, but it’s not like he’s uninvolved in our offense. If anything, Ewers/Sark cater to him more than they should given other weapons (JWhitt/Sanders). I could understand being frustrated with the general QB play, but it seems super odd to be disgruntled with a young, ascending program outside of Ewers.

Is it beef or is it just "I want more money, pay me or USC will"

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s all NIL based. Lincoln Riley is a piece of shit as usual. I think Texas should offer every guy they like on their roster $1M and make USC figure who they want to give raises to as well. 

I’ve said this for awhile, but outside of QB, there will be no more loaded position in the portal than WR. 

I am cool with X leaving as I think there will be better options.  Have you heard if we have guys lined up for the WR position already?

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I am cool with X leaving as I think there will be better options.  Have you heard if we have guys lined up for the WR position already?

We all know he regressed in ways, but he'll be damn tough to replace as a quick throw option and returner. Kid is lightening.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s all NIL based. Lincoln Riley is a piece of shit as usual. I think Texas should offer every guy they like on their roster $1M and make USC figure who they want to give raises to as well. 

I’ve said this for awhile, but outside of QB, there will be no more loaded position in the portal than WR. 

Do we need Texas to do that? Can't we do that? 

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have mixed feelings on Lincoln Riley. On the one hand, he’s a slimy piece of shit who is going to be a thorn in our side poaching players until he gets his base established in California. 

On the other hand, he fucked OU good and hard. At the least, he set us up for the 49-0 thrashing we gave them this year and at best, he may have sent them into a 10 year down cycle if Venables continues to struggle. So he ain’t all bad. 

13 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I don't understand why a kid would ever scrub their social media before announcing anything. So weird if this is really is a sign of him leaving. Supposedly this isn't the first time he's scrubbed it though per Twitters. 

I’m sure it’s some kind negotiation tactic. 

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He’s an idiot if he doesn’t use whatever leverage he has. Hopefully both sides can work it out. 

He pulled this shit just earlier this year. Pulling it twice within the same year I can’t see them willing to dish out what they’ve already dished out not even 6 months ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I mean, we should also coordinate with UCLA and the Domers to make sure they know who we are offering so they can offer some of the guys we don’t want. Put them on a 45 or 50M payroll to keep all their guys. 

5 minutes ago, Hozz said:

The top portal QBs are going to absolutely kill it.  I bet a dude like Drake May could get 5M for a season.  Mack better get down to Florida ASAP to look for a replacement.

Drake Maye, whose dad QB’d for UNC and whose brother is Luke Maye?

• Hook 'Em 4