2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

Has anyone seen any word on whether or not Card is going to hit the portal? Fuck. 

1 minute ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Does Jamier Johnson entering the portal mean that 2021 class CB from Dallas Skyline (or maybe another Dallas ISD high School) will stick around despite him getting in trouble multiple times?

Niggity Nope.  

Just now, Longhornlove said:

I think Manning as a true Freshman is an instant upgrade over Card especially after enrolling early and going through spring practice. Sorry to all the Lake Travis honks.

Other than it sounds like Manning doesn’t way to play as a true freshman. Is that not the case?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think he would have been in a dogfight to remain in the two-deep. Watts, Brooks, Jordan, Muhammad. 

I think he saw the writing on the wall with Muhammed coming in and Brooks taking over the spot opposite Watts, but I liked Johnson over Jordan as the next guy off the bench. Johnson played some quality snaps this season so it sucks to lose him.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

This one kind of stinks. Kid has potential 

I heard Notre Dame as a potential spot for Card a couple months back. They might have a couple guys higher on their board. I hope he gets a gig like that. If he's going through Thamel then he'll probably end up at a big school (as opposed to a place like SMU).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not really inside information, but if Texas gets the safety we think we're going to get from the portal, hard to imagine Crawford sticking around. Although he should. 

I think the Crawford experiment is over. Great athlete, terrible processing skills. 

Not really inside information, but if Texas gets the safety we think we're going to get from the portal, hard to imagine Crawford sticking around. Although he should. 

Everyone thinks the safety is someone else lol can’t wait to hear who it actually is.

The Clemson kid, Anderson, or matthews or none of the above.

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I heard Notre Dame as a potential spot for Card a couple months back. They might have a couple guys higher on their board. I hope he gets a gig like that. If he's going through Thamel then he'll probably end up at a big school (as opposed to a place like SMU).

Isn't ND playing a freshman right now?

Card needs to find a place he can be a walk-in starter. A third straight year of being in a QB competition sounds like hell.

6 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I said it earlier this year and got yelled at, but I think there are at least 30 P5 programs where he could go be a starter if not more. He is a serviceable to decent QB and a good team guy. If someone wants to argue with me that someone like Vanderbilt or Iowa State or Va Tech wouldn't love to have him, then go right ahead. Hell, Mike Gundy would kill for him right about now. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

The folks in the '23 recuiting thread who've been speculating that the committed TE from Mater Dei was candidate to be processed look foolish now. That TE can step right into Karic's role.

Or maybe you look foolish now because you’re assuming a true freshman will be ready to perform right away as a blocker. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Not sure it's a decline, certainly different. Time will tell. It certainly shouldn't hurt the blue bloods that have adequately prepared for this new era.

I'm not too upset about the portal as it is guys getting processed. But, with decent teams losing half of their roster and with other guys opting out to save their bodies for the NFL, non-playoff post-season games seem to be a thing of the past.

2 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Everyone thinks the safety is someone else lol can’t wait to hear who it actually is.

The Clemson kid, Anderson, or matthews or none of the above.

Not everyone thinks the safety is "someone else." Like me. I don't think the safety is someone else. 

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Will Nahlin stop sucking card now?

No. He'll simply bring it up every time Ewers fucks up next year by saying "Sure would be nice to have more experienced QB depth on the roster" and post a gif in twitter every time card scores a TD. Fucking bank on it. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Are we going to have a bowl season in the future? I don't see how. College football is in rapid decline.

Oh yeah. We have another game to play. Wonder who the backup QB will be. 

Also, I would like to see us use Cam Williams in the now departed Karic role, because it would look hilarious. 

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Isn't ND playing a freshman right now?

Card needs to find a place he can be a walk-in starter. A third straight year of being in a QB competition sounds like hell.

I'm not really sure of their depth chart. Based on ESPN it looks like they have two sophomores, the starter being a redshirt. If he goes there it's because he was recruited to be the starter. This isn't info I'd bet on, just something interesting I heard. I think Hudson will have lots of options. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I said it earlier this year and got yelled at, but I think there are at least 30 P5 programs where he could go be a starter if not more. He is a serviceable to decent QB and a good team guy. If someone wants to argue with me that someone like Vanderbilt or Iowa State or Va Tech wouldn't love to have him, then go right ahead. Hell, Mike Gundy would kill for him right about now. 

Why would Sanders not come back for his 8th year?

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Harris has a covid year I believe. And they have a freshman QB they apparently really like behind him.

But yes, UTSA could make some sense. His OC from Lake Travis is the OC at UTSA now too.

Card's from money, right? I doubt he and his parents are eyeing up a commuter school as his grad degree.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

giphy.gif

While Card clearly improved over last year, the team (and Sark’s) long term success was never based on him being capable. The moment Ewers committed was the moment Card was relegated to come in and hand the ball off and complete a few passes, barring Major-like circumstances (there weren’t). This offense was never a great fit and pissing ourselves because the backup QB is moving on is not the way now.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

With Sanders leaving, Gundy and OSU was the first destination that came to mind. Hudson would excel in that offense. 

• Rage+1 2