2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

39 minutes ago, burdine said:

Card is leaving the State of Texas.  A pretty big time program with a very good B school.  

35 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Assuming you are correct, candidates would be:

UCLA, Notre Dame, Florida, Virginia, Penn State, Arizona State, Minnesota, Michigan State, Utah.

One of thoooooose?

My immediate assumptions were UW, ND, and UCLA due to depth charts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

7/23 of that 21' class (Sarks transition class) is already gone with more to come.

Honestly, texas should take 25 guys every year and actively work to get rid of half of them after their second year on campus. 
My ideal roster situation going into every portal season would be something like:

5- 5th year players

8- 4th year players 

12 - 3rd year players

20- 2nd year players

25- incoming recruits 

12-15 spots open for portal guys every year.  If you don’t need that many fuck it - give out some scholarships to walk ons/program guys  

It’s highly likely that after 1 year on campus you can tell at least 20% of any recruiting class to fuck off because you missed on their football character, actual character or talent level.  There is generally no need for a player still be in the program if they aren’t looking to start or play a significant role by their 3rd year on campus.   Not at a place like Texas where we can literally go fill holes in the portal with at least average type guys any off-season we want.

I don’t think some of these guys realized just how Darwinian the process is going to get at the big time programs.  It’s up or out, big time, now that these guys are getting paid and acting like professionals  

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I think someone mentioned Uiagalelei transferring there yesterday? Not sure if it's wish casting or actual smoke, though. 

That’s odd. Dabo has praised him constantly on every press conference for 2 years even though he sucks.

Also, you had to look him up and copy paste his name in the post didn’t you.

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

That’s odd. Dabo has praised him constantly on every press conference for 2 years even though he sucks.

Also, you had to look him up and copy paste his name in the post didn’t you.

Yes, yes I did. I still have no idea how to spl it. Just like everyone not named his parents, who I'm sure also have to stop and think about it, too. 

• Haha 1

Jahdae Barron is being cryptic on Twitter. He blacked out his profile as well.

Just wouldn’t make sense. The staff has found a great fit for him in this defense where he is excelling and can maximize his draft stock for next year. Why would you jeopardize that for an extra 100k for one year going to a new team and system.

18 minutes ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

Just wouldn’t make sense. The staff has found a great fit for him in this defense where he is excelling and can maximize his draft stock for next year. Why would you jeopardize that for an extra 100k for one year going to a new team and system.

I'm not saying anything about his status, but in your hypothetical you've got a good CB, so someone extraordinarily confident in their own skills and ability to excel wherever they are, and a college kid, so impulsive and proud, and you're offering him an extra $100k next year? Uh oh.

15 hours ago, immamac said:

Try this - so the thread talk can happen here, and you can go to the last page of the comments there and it's all linked up and up to date. So you can comment there and whatever.

I currently have it enabled for wiki style editing, so anyone that has Top Contributor, Surly 1%, Editor or Moderator permissions can edit the sticky.

I just made the initial update to it and I'll try to keep it up to date. Others can contribute as immamac says. 

I'm inclined to hold off on adding people to the target list until we know they're recruited i.e., guys we recruit into the portal declare or the players confirm conversations/visits. Not just twitter follows and 9.95ers saying the staff might have interest. 

TLDR open the first page of this thread to get the important info

• Hook 'Em 4