2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

Richardson hitting the portal was likely expected but even still that further increases the chances we hard press for the Tulsa LB. Which is good because we should be doing that anyway.

Stanford C is probably the most exciting name of the guys in there so far. Huge potential upgrade. I know everyone kept saying we would only look for an OL if a really elite upgrade presented itself but there is fucking is. He will surely have a fuck ton of options though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Richardson hitting the portal was likely expected but even still that further increases the chances we hard press for the Tulsa LB. Which is good because we should be doing that anyway.

Stanford C is probably the most exciting name of the guys in there so far. Huge potential upgrade. I know everyone kept saying we would only look for an OL if a really elite upgrade presented itself but there is fucking is. He will surely have a fuck ton of options though. 

Stanford's center is 6'2" 275lbs

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Exactly. If he doesn’t cancel practice and throw a pizza party, then he has no clue how to be a head coach in today’s game. 

I'm not saying that. But there's a difference between a fun yet effective practice and just running a bunch of wind sprints while getting yelled at. This is a good time to lighten up a bit and lean heavily towards the former.

9 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I'd say Tunmise is the most interesting so far. Starter as a true So. before injury in a talented room. Not a ton of exciting names yet though. I bet most of the big ones wait until next week when it's actually open. I'd think the guys that are getting a bunch of inbound interest have no reason to announce early since they're already negotiating.

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I'd say Tunmise is the most interesting so far. Starter as a true So. before injury in a talented room. Not a ton of exciting names yet though. I bet most of the big ones wait until next week when it's actually open. I'd think the guys that are getting a bunch of inbound interest have no reason to announce early since they're already negotiating.

There are already some good wide receivers out there.

Edited by Bevo

So….   Now with like 1/4 or more of A&Ms best class of all time hitting the portal, is anyone new school going to provided an additional bonus to their NIL deal if they tell the truth and turn in A&M for the bag game used for that class?

Technically, it’s not against the NCAA rules to encourage kids to tell the truth and it’s not like there is any way to regulate NIL regarding enticing kids who broke the NCAA rules to turn in their former team.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, pacman said:

Imo, There is zero chance they recruit a center to start over Majors. Might as well get that out of your head.

I don't know shit about the guy but if he'd clearly make the team better, how do you not? Better to show you want to win than worry about the feelings of a lesser player.

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

I'm not saying that. But there's a difference between a fun yet effective practice and just running a bunch of wind sprints while getting yelled at. This is a good time to lighten up a bit and lean heavily towards the former.

what exactly about steve sarkisian makes you think he's that type of coach?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

What other red flags are there? I’m genuinely asking because I have not followed him this semester. 

The parking garage thing and the being the driver for a drug deal thing.  Come to think of it, if we could get him a NIL deal with Uber it might be ok.  No driving though.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The parking garage thing and the being the driver for a drug deal thing.  Come to think of it, if we could get him a NIL deal with Uber it might be ok.  No driving though.

IIRC, He was also suspended for a game for chasing pussy at Prairie View  the night before a game.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

IIRC, He was also suspended for a game for chasing pussy at Prairie View  the night before a game.

Is the consensus here that these transgressions are too much of a risk for the amount of talent he has? We took a chance on Hall (maybe we shouldn’t have?)   given his upside. Isn’t a blue chip corner prospect worth some risk? 

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Is the consensus here that these transgressions are too much of a risk for the amount of talent he has? We took a chance on Hall (maybe we shouldn’t have?)   given his upside. Isn’t a blue chip corner prospect worth some risk? 

If he was coming from anywhere other than aggy I might agree that it’s worth the risk.  

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

It's been awhile since we had Ramonce Taylor type of dudes here, meaning immensely talented but also dubious characters with ambiguous morals. Maybe that's what we are missing to get us to the next level. Worked in 2005-2006.

Harris, come on down.

We’ve had guys arrested since then.   Unfortunately they weren’t immensely talented.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 3