2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

41 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Well yeah, that’s kind of 6th Street’s whole thing. We’re talking about a guy who wanted Sam to be benched for a redshirt freshman Casey Thompson. 

I hope no one conflate’s my genuine questions about Harris with a poster than openly said this year that Bijan Robinson was a bad football player. Was not aware of the academic issues or that he was not even welcome back at his high school. It just surprises me that six months ago Sark and everyone on this board would have killed to have him and now it appears he is a total bust just four months into college. I’m sure someone will gladly take the risk but given what we have already it sounds like he shouldn’t be at Texas. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I hope no one conflate’s my genuine questions about Harris with a poster than openly said this year that Bijan Robinson was a bad football player. Was not aware of the academic issues or that he was not even welcome back at his high school. It just surprises me that six months ago Sark and everyone on this board would have killed to have him and now it appears he is a total bust just four months into college. I’m sure someone will gladly take the risk but given what we have already it sounds like he shouldn’t be at Texas. 

What did you just say? And what game was this? Are you just flaming or did this really happen? 

13 hours ago, sith_horn said:

The LB is 6'2"-242 lbs. Kind of heavy for a LB unless he's playing Edge.

https://gostanford.com/sports/football/roster

Thanks for the link. 242 is just fine for a LB, and has been for a while. LT was about that weight in the 80’s, Ray Lewis 250ish, Vander Esch is 255. Jaylan Ford is in the neighborhood at 238. I will say the Stanford guy looks a touch slow, but usually seems to know where the ball is going. I suspect he would be a good special teams guy and great culture fit, especially as a mentor for Liona Lefau.

(The word “fit” autocorrected to “fir,” which is pretty damn funny for a Stanford guy.)

Edited by Vito Andolini

10 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

No violence? No murder? No problem.

You guys must’ve been a bunch of choir boys.  A little weed, speeding in a garage, curfew — I’m not seeing Tony Montana here… 

Dude is toxic and not a good fit if you're trying to build a culture. That's the fucking problem....jesus christ.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Dr.Dre said:

Yeah you take that guy for sure.  Enduring 5 years at Stanford as student athlete and also doing a LDS mission.  Work ethic/maturity checked off.

Are you under the impression schools like Stanford are difficult once you get in?  They aren’t.  Schools like that are hard to get in.  They might even be harder to fail out of.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Shit not curfew too. Fuck him 

The kid is super talented and started as a true freshmen for Jimbo Fisher and he still got booted. Take a look at the players Jimbo has looked the other way on. It’s a huge red flag, like one in neon lights and fireworks. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t have an opinion one way or another on if he is or isn’t worth taking a shot with. My personal line is felonious physical or sexual assault or worse. Anything short of that I’d be fine with leaving it to the staff if they decide it’s worth taking the chance. 

Nah, physical assault should be ok, like Kelsons hit on Klatt was felonious and I’m fine with it.  

targeting may have eliminated heat seeking missiles, but we can still get guys who make their guys quit football.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Now THIS is thinking.

"OK, Denver, you'll come in and compete for playing time immediately. Great NIL opportunities. Elite everything. But if you go out after 7PM the 30yo Mormon has to be with you."

This could work out amazingly or fail spectacularly, but it would be a situation that I would not be opposed to watching as a reality show.

You could have episodes like the Denver and the Mormon and discovering the true definition of the Texas Rose or “Levani teaches Denver how how to drive” or “Denver, this is not the snow for Christmas I expected”.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The guy did everything wrong that he possibly could during his time on campus.

Maybe this was his way of taking the bag and then going where he wanted to after a year.  He didn't realize he could quit aggy after the season and keep the bag, but getting "fired" let him keep it.  In other words, he pulled a Castanza.  

image.gif.0242ec11b5d562dbc194b2a4d88206ea.gif

• Haha 5