2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

43 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

Also, sounds like CU knows exactly what they’re signing up for from my friends connected to that school. They’ve got one guy that may be a John Ruiz - Miami type but we’ll see. They’ve got some money they’re ready to spend to try and rid themselves of the stench of the last however many years. The hire is weird to me but they desperately needed to find a way to attract talent. 

I dont think Brendan Schaub is worth that much

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Laga4 said:

Curious to know how you know what his net worth is. Fairly easy to figure his gross income,  but net worth could be much more or less than  “tens of millions”. 

You’re the guy in high school who points out to the math teacher that her pie chart on the board only adds up to 99.99%, aren’t you?

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

Gerry (IT) says there are three names he will be watching over the next few days to see when/if they enter the portal.  All three 'could be impactful for Texas next season'.  

Gerry also said their is an OL that is expected to enter the portal on Monday that will be reaching out to Texas.  Gerry doesn't think OL is a portal need but it sounds like there will be one available if the Texas coaches are interested.

Gerry has Safety / Edge / WR as biggest needs going into Transfer Portal season.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gerry (IT) says there are three names he will be watching over the next few days to see when/if they enter the portal.  All three 'could be impactful for Texas next season'.  

Gerry also said their is an OL that is expected to enter the portal on Monday that will be reaching out to Texas.  Gerry doesn't think OL is a portal need but it sounds like there will be one available if the Texas coaches are interested.

Gerry has Safety / Edge / WR as biggest needs going into Transfer Portal season.

If said OL is a center then I think that's a good take.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This all seems to align nicely with what has been thrown around on this board. 

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

does this dumbfuck really believe that Colorado rarely plays on TV?  

They have 3 games or so on Pac12 network, but they are on somewhere every week. 

6 games on a non-P12 channel, including CBS and FS1

Shadeur is a baller, and I'm interested to see if Kevin Coleman and Travis Hunter follow him to CU too. 

He'll resonate with a lot of guys early, but he'll have to win at least 5 next year to really keep it going. CU played 12 games this year and was blown out in 10 of them.

Huge task ahead, but they'll have a ton of attention the entire way

9 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

That team just went 1-11, no one gives a shit about complaints from that locker room.

This hear... when he talked to the CU team he told them exactly what they needed to hear and you could tell from their faces --- "oh shittt".  Their attitude seemed more, let's see what he has to say and maybe he can win us over.  Prime's attitude and talk was -  I'm getting rid of each and every one of you unless you show me you belong here.

• Like 1