2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Honestly, I don't have anything bad to say about Colorado. We don't play them, and I hope he stays out of Texas for recruiting. Other than that, best of luck.

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Of course he’s going to recruit Texas.

Yeah, he may have a little name recognition in Texas. 
B898523F-5D04-402A-9964-C01B252370A3.thumb.jpeg.36b8a0e97222a1a76ba858d0c4c84159.jpeg

AF601BBC-14C9-4376-B5F8-61177A2B17E7.thumb.jpeg.ad231b11286048d80fa100a6deeffd40.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Laga4 said:

Curious to know how you know what his net worth is. Fairly easy to figure his gross income,  but net worth could be much more or less than  “tens of millions”. 

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You felt the need to post a pedantic response to argue Herman’s net worth? Well ok. You’re right I did my own tablecloth math of his Texas salary and buyout. Maybe he’s a cocaine pauper at this point, I have no idea of knowing. Congratulations on all your success. 

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/richest-coaches/tom-herman-net-worth/

image.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Shadeur is a baller, and I'm interested to see if Kevin Coleman and Travis Hunter follow him to CU too. 

He'll resonate with a lot of guys early, but he'll have to win at least 5 next year to really keep it going. CU played 12 games this year and was blown out in 10 of them.

Huge task ahead, but they'll have a ton of attention the entire way

I’m bullish on Prime. People that know him well say his football IQ is very high, his son can play, and he’s in a dogshit conference. I bet he wins 8 games next year and the media worships him.

He’s going to be a problem in the portal as soon as this offseason. I think his end goal to jump up to the NFL. So he might stay at Colorado longer than most expect. 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m bullish on Prime. People that know him well say his football IQ is very high, his son can play, and he’s in a dogshit conference. I bet he wins 8 games next year and the media worships him.

He’s going to be a problem in the portal as soon as this offseason. I think his end goal to jump up to the NFL. So he might stay at Colorado longer than most expect. 

I think his goal is Alabama. I think he does a lot better with kids and recruiting than NFL players. 

13 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

He got the number 1 recruit in the country to go to Jackson State.  He’s going to be a serious force to be reckoned with in recruiting at CU if they are at all competitive with NIL.  And he’s going to leverage enough attention on the program at least initially where there will be NIL opportunities.  

I think this is actually going to work unless he gets too aggressively shady and has a scandal like Prime Prep.  Presumably he’s making enough money and has enough oversight to guard against that somewhat, but I guess that hasn’t stopped plenty of other coaches. He actually looks like he can coach based on Jackson State, though, and there is nowhere to go but up.  

Colorado was a good choice for him.  Anything will be better than what they’re used to, so he’s going to be able to keep selling progress and hope to recruits for a few years even if he just makes them some mediocre 5-7 team.  That lets him keep momentum in recruiting and stack a couple of classes, and then he really might have something.  If he had gone to a program that wasn’t so pathetic, everyone would have had knives out looking for ways to take shots at him for being in over his head if he wasn’t an immediate success.

I like deon. Im a cowboy fan fron the dorsett days. 

Som you gotta love deon for his time with the cowboys. 

He has been outspoken and flamboyant as a cfb.  Hc. And i think he will be able to leverage this in the short term.    

How he will be able to perform in the long run is up in the air. 

In my opinion,  i think he is a little too brittle. Personality wise to hold up to the demands of a cfb hc longterm. I could be wrong. But im not betting on him longterm. I expect a internal blowup at sometime in the next few years.  I think his personality is too big to be a guy who can build a program long term.  If he doesn't have instant success?  3-5 years?  Expect chaos. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I think his goal is Alabama. I think he does a lot better with kids and recruiting than NFL players. 

With the expanded playoff picture, I don't see him going to a place with that level of pressure unless he absolutely needs to. 

If he can get NIL support for his guys and recruits/transfers at CU, he's building until FSU or maybe Clemson opens up.

41 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This was a great hire by Colorado. Prime may or may not work out, but he will bring eye balls to a program that has become an after thought. At a minimum he will raise the talent level for the next coach 

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

This was a great hire by Colorado. Prime may or may not work out, but he will bring eye balls to a program that has become an after thought. At a minimum he will raise the talent level for the next coach 

I thought Nebraska should hire him. Glad it's Colorado. Two programs that needed a big change in narrative.