2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

34 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Would we take Jaylon Jones if he was willing to play safety? That fucker can open field tackle really damn well. We uhhh lack that type of ability currently. Something fierce. 

gonna be tough to outbid the broncos

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

Well… he has the size Flood likes, so the real question is why is he leaving Bama

Passed on the depth chart. Struggled greatly after injuring his wrist late last year.

Feeling is the issue may be a mental/confidence issue. Maybe Flood feels he can fix it for a one year rental.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Was that really smart for Deion to tell the entire team to hit the portal? I realize they are not stocked with elite talent but holy shit that’s a bold move. Does he really have a couple dozen starters/key contributors lined up to transfer in? 

He mentioned he has 10 confirmed already. So, I guess he’s bringing in a whole new roster lol

26 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Was that really smart for Deion to tell the entire team to hit the portal? I realize they are not stocked with elite talent but holy shit that’s a bold move. Does he really have a couple dozen starters/key contributors lined up to transfer in? 

Saban said the biggest difference between today's player and that of the past is that they must be told why they're being asked to do what they are doing. They are willing to work hard but basically have to be persuaded and not told. 

So does Prime tell them to do what he says or does just say show me you want it? I hear him basically say believers invest in themselves without being told and are easy to identify. All others get in the mfer.

42 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

“Coach how you gonna handle injuries?”

”Get treatment, if you’re salvageable.  Otherwise we will kiss goodbye!”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

I think he's bringing in some Jackson St players. Those won't be world-beaters, but they probably will be Pac12 beaters. 

All of the sudden NIL money sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen. I have no doubt there are some rich alum out there who will contribute, but Rome wasn't built in a day. They are nowhere near set up enough to make this go smoothly, or to be sustainable. 

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

He didnt really tell them to all hit the portal, he said if they arent ready to work to be excellent and for change to hit the portal.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I think he's bringing in some Jackson St players. Those won't be world-beaters, but they probably will be Pac12 beaters. 

All of the sudden NIL money sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen. I have no doubt there are some rich alum out there who will contribute, but Rome wasn't built in a day. They are nowhere near set up enough to make this go smoothly, or to be sustainable. 

He has that 5 star CB and a few four stars on the roster, plus his sons, plus Bobby Taylor and some other dudes in the portal. It wouldnt surprise me to see him bring in 30+ guys.

Latest OU departure/transition list (per OU 247) (12/5)

PORTAL OUTBOUND

11/29: DB Jordan Mukes

11/30: WR Theo Wease, DB Joshua Eaton

12/2: DB Kendall Dennis, DL Alton Tarber

12/3: QB Nick Evers, DB Bryson Washington

12/4: OL Brey Walker

Previously left team: EDGE Clayton Smith, EDGE Kevonte Henry, LB Joseph Wete

------

DECLARED FOR DRAFT/ACCEPTED SENIOR BOWL INVITE

11/30: RB Eric Gray, OL Wanya Morris, OL Anton Harrison

12/1: DL Jalen Redmond

------

GRADUATING/CANNOT RETURN

TE Daniel Parker, TE Brayden Willis, OL Robert Congel, OL Chris Murray, DL Jeffery Johnson, LB Dashaun White, LB T.D. Roof, DB Justin Broiles, DB Trey Morrison, P Michael Turk, LS Kasey Kelleher

• Hook 'Em 7

11 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Latest OU departure/transition list (per OU 247) (12/5)

PORTAL OUTBOUND

11/29: DB Jordan Mukes

11/30: WR Theo Wease, DB Joshua Eaton

12/2: DB Kendall Dennis, DL Alton Tarber

12/3: QB Nick Evers, DB Bryson Washington

12/4: OL Brey Walker

Previously left team: EDGE Clayton Smith, EDGE Kevonte Henry, LB Joseph Wete

------

DECLARED FOR DRAFT/ACCEPTED SENIOR BOWL INVITE

11/30: RB Eric Gray, OL Wanya Morris, OL Anton Harrison

12/1: DL Jalen Redmond

------

GRADUATING/CANNOT RETURN

TE Daniel Parker, TE Brayden Willis, OL Robert Congel, OL Chris Murray, DL Jeffery Johnson, LB Dashaun White, LB T.D. Roof, DB Justin Broiles, DB Trey Morrison, P Michael Turk, LS Kasey Kelleher

Would have liked to keep Wease and Mukes, but other than that, that is some healthy roster churn. Most of them are just soaking up scholarships.