2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Didn't Donnell Harris announce to the portal?  Or was that a rumor?

He announced. He was one of the first to announce a couple weeks back. 

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/platform/amp/2022/11/21/23472600/texas-a-m-aggies-dl-donell-harris-announces-plans-to-enter-the-transfer-portal

Edited by SydneyCarton

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

So our coaches have Cypress, Hardaway, and Adeleye on their radar.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

They're also all following McCullough as well - though that seems like the longest of long shots.

Please update the sticky post with targets. 

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Hate to burst bubbles but Justin Flowe.........isn't a good college LB and has done nothing in his 3 years at Oregon.

I don't know either way because he missed his first year with a knee injury and his second year with a foot injury.

Just now, Fondren & Main said:

Somebody mentioned that Merrill’s mom is a big UT donor.  Not sure if that’s true, but perhaps he can fill the role of jumbo TE that Karic played this year.

Maybe occasionally like on goal line or something but I don't see us carving out a spot in the 11 on the field for Max Merrill. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hate to burst bubbles but Justin Flowe.........isn't a good college LB and has done nothing in his 3 years at Oregon.

flowe is the perfect cautionary tale on why you shouldn't get too emotionally invested in the roller coaster recruiting process.

jesus has it been 3 years already since we chased this dude?

"I think that you're ultimately going to be looking at places like Michigan and Notre Dame pushing for him, but he went into the portal this morning and instantly heard from Tennessee, Ole Miss and Syracuse," Wiltfong said. "I think that Texas is another program to watch in this one, perhaps LSU and their need in the secondary, but I think that he's a guy ... is going to be a hot commodity in the portal for various reasons, including being a grad transfer."

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I don't even see him on their 247 scholarship tracker.

top 500 recruit from class of 2020: https://247sports.com/player/dallas-walker-iv-46037432/

took a RS in 2020, didn't play much in 2021. not on the 2022 roster? per this he was removed from the Spring 2022 roster - https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-2022-spring-football-roster-184213792/