2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Brewster was once formidable, but he’s not been relevant since his time at FSU. 

Ok, but since that time he has coached All-America TE Jace Sternberger and All-America TE Kyle Pitts (I forgot to mention his stint with Mullen at Florida after Mack and before Deion). Yes, Pitts is a freak who may have been great regardless, but Brewster was there in Gainesville when he was most impactful. Brew is a friend, so that may influence my opinion, but we’re all entitled to our own viewpoints. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Ok, but since that time he has coached All-America TE Jace Sternberger and All-America TE Kyle Pitts (I forgot to mention his stint with Mullen at Florida after Mack and before Deion). Yes, Pitts is a freak who may have been great regardless, but Brewster was there in Gainesville when he was most impactful. Brew is a friend, so that may influence my opinion, but we’re all entitled to our own viewpoints. 

Ask him to tweet:

”The Boulder is lit! 🔥

And ask him to include some 🍄 emojis on occasion. 

Thanks, I’ll hang up and listen.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I was thinking about recruiting. Brewster has gotten old and schticky. He’s campaigned openly for every job that becomes available and he wound relegated to FCS. I guess we’ll see. 

24 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

FFS, I leave the room for a minute and you guys are bumping threads on Jett Bush and Kennedy Lewis. It’s like my toddler grandson grabbing the remote and changing my audio to Croatian… 

Didn’t make you as old enough to be a granddad. 

8 minutes ago, MrX said:

VaTech is in a complete rebuild after Fuente burned it to the ground. 

I recognize those 1000 yard stares in Va Tech fans’ faces when they’re on tv. We’ve been there, and it’s ugly. They are on a long walk in the wilderness. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

40 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

FFS, I leave the room for a minute and you guys are bumping threads on Jett Bush and Kennedy Lewis. It’s like my toddler grandson grabbing the remote and changing my audio to Croatian… 

jebo te star si

(No idea if Google translator is remotely close to what I’m trying to say.)

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gerry (IT) doesn't expect the Texas staff to look at OL in the portal.  Coaches are in love with the 2022 class and the potential of the 2023, with 4 of the 5 in that class being Early Enrollees.

That's great news. I thought it was weird when I kept hearing that they'd take a difference maker at IOL. It felt like that would surely run someone off that they didn't want to lose.

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

Both Edge and OL feel like we could use a 1-yr grad transfer.  There's talent at both spots, but both spots are really young.

Junior returning would solve that at OL of course.

Edge I agree with but we will have 4/5 OL next year with 1 year starting experience. That’s more than enough. 

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gerry (IT) doesn't expect the Texas staff to look at OL in the portal.  Coaches are in love with the 2022 class and the potential of the 2023, with 4 of the 5 in that class being Early Enrollees.

This would also mean that they don't anticipate losing any OL in the portal. Which is good news. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Edge I agree with but we will have 4/5 OL next year with 1 year starting experience. That’s more than enough. 

I would have 0 issues, if they found a high level center in the portal. I dont think it is a huge need, but it would improve the OL. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Junior Bonner said:

smart kid. knows croatian. screws with grandad who still refers to his tv remote as a "clicker".

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TheRRKid said:

Karic too. I believe the discussion here is about the 2-deep

Parr was backup center.  He looked decent enough when we were closing out wins.

I don't think this is a process guy.  It's closer to Card where its completely understandable to lose him, and he has more of a chance to play elsewhere.

Edited by JBJ

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry said Robertson had overtaken him. If Majors had to go out for an extended period with an injury or some such, Robertson was going in.

Maybe.  Robertson only saw action in 4Q ULM and OU, but he could very well have been the "only pull redshirt for emergency" backup.