2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

Just now, JBJ said:

Maybe.  Robertson only saw action in 4Q ULM and OU, but he could very well have been the "only pull redshirt for emergency" backup.

They're also moving someone else over. It's unfortunate how much mental lapse Connor has shown in game action because he'll be struggling for a starting spot next year. C would have been interesting, but not if he can't ever remember the snap count. 

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Holy shit. He's a UNC legacy, too, that's wild.

"I don't think Drake will go anywhere because he's a Carolina family," Brown said. "Right now you look at our recruiting, it's not as high as it has been in the past. It's because every player that we've got that's coming is coming because he wants to come to the University of North Carolina, he wants to come for academics, and he's coming for the right reasons."

Ooooffff... get ready for some quality Mack quotes.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Reminder that JT Daniels was the third QB in the 2018 class behind NFL QB's Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields.

You’d think at some point he’s going to have to face reality. I think after my third attempt I’d probably hang up the spikes and look for something else to do with my time. But I guess that’s why I never had the makings of a varsity athlete. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Reminder that JT Daniels was the third QB in the 2018 class behind NFL QB's Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields.

He was also the first high-profile recruit I remember to reclassify and enroll a year early. I think it'll be interesting to track the success of guys that reclassify. Didn't work out for this guy. Didn't work out for Donnell Harris. Didn't work out for Tony Grimes. TBD on Ewers, Lebbeus Overton, and Desmond Ricks. Those are the higher-profile guys I remember reclassifying. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

He was also the first high-profile recruit I remember to reclassify and enroll a year early. I think it'll be interesting to track the success of guys that reclassify. Didn't work out for this guy. Didn't work out for Donnell Harris. Didn't work out for Tony Grimes. TBD on Ewers, Lebbeus Overton, and Desmond Ricks. Those are the higher-profile guys I remember reclassifying. 

To be fair, it definitely worked out in the short term for Ewers's net worth. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Think he's had a few injury issues, but he's good when healthy.

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

image.png.fd162ac7d01e6791248379ab7d7a88ac.png

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So, not as good as Barryn Sorrell.

2 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

Big 12 POTY numbers

@Elmer_Fudd is right. These past couple seasons Okie St. has had 3-4 starting quality EDGEs on the roster, so Tracee Ford might've not been the starter for them. But UT would've definitely taken Tracee Ford on their roster to compete with Ogufho for the Buck EDGE spot. Tracce Ford was Hornable Mention All- Big 12 in 2019 & 2020: https://okstate.com/sports/football/roster/trace-ford/10279

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

There's been Maye to Bama chatter. Next year it's Milroe or Ty Simpson for them.

Maye’s dad was a multiple year starter and team captain at QB for UNC, older brother Luke hit the game winner against Kentucky to send them to the FF in 2017 when they won it all and he currently has a younger brother enrolled at the school as a regular student. Don’t think UNC is worried about him leaving. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

@Elmer_Fudd is right. These past couple seasons Okie St. has had 3-4 starting quality EDGEs on the roster, so Tracee Ford might've not been the starter for them. But UT would've definitely taken Tracee Ford on their roster to compete with Ogufho for the Buck EDGE spot. Tracce Ford was Hornable Mention All- Big 12 in 2019 & 2020: https://okstate.com/sports/football/roster/trace-ford/10279

I can’t tell if you’re trying to emasculate the kid or if you really just can’t spell, “Trace.”

Edited by Chili dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

You think DJU is that bad? 

Yes. I’ve watched him plenty for two years. He’s terrible. He’s big and has a big arm and that’s all anyone noticed when sizing him up as a recruit. He has zero accuracy, touch or instinct. I’d fucking barf if he came near a program I liked. 

The Clemson coaches realized prettt quickly after Klubnik got on campus that he wasn’t some instant star and needed a lot of work. That’s the only reason they stayed with DJU - they had no other option. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Yes. I’ve watched him plenty for two years. He’s terrible. He’s big and has a big arm and that’s all anyone noticed when sizing him up as a recruit. He has zero accuracy, touch or instinct. I’d fucking barf if he came near a program I liked. 

The Clemson coaches realized prettt quickly after Klubnik got on campus that he wasn’t some instant star and needed a lot of work. That’s the only reason they stayed with DJU - they had no other option. 

Damn. What a brutal assessment lol